All 2022 Alaska cruises sold out?

david,Mississauga

Two days ago I noticed that every Alaska cruise for this year was showing as sold out. It is the same today after the overnight closure of Cunard's site for maintenance. In Saturday's newspapers there were adverts for these cruises. The voyage personaliser for our booked cruise is active. Our cruise was far from sold out so I wonder what is going on. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Perhaps they've stopped booking while they look at how full they are and try to project how many cabins they have to keep open as quarantine spaces?

Or the website is a mess.

I agree; both are a distinct possibility.

I was hoping to do the July 1st sailing myself.  I did a dummy booking on the morning of the 4th just to see what the total would be and had planned on going to my travel agent the next day.  By that afternoon all the sailings were gone.  My travel agent was not able to figure it out but he told me to call Cunard directly.   The lady there was able to get me a waitlist booking for every grade of inside cabin and I am currently according to her as of last Thursday number 1 on the waitlist.  She said it could be a problem with the head office in the UK.  

On 5/9/2022 at 8:42 PM, westerdam said:

I was hoping to do the July 1st sailing myself.  I did a dummy booking on the morning of the 4th just to see what the total would be and had planned on going to my travel agent the next day.  By that afternoon all the sailings were gone.  My travel agent was not able to figure it out but he told me to call Cunard directly.   The lady there was able to get me a waitlist booking for every grade of inside cabin and I am currently according to her as of last Thursday number 1 on the waitlist.  She said it could be a problem with the head office in the UK.  

Don't wait for them to call you. Keep calling them to check on your status. Cunard can be sloppy about waitlists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Don't wait for them to call you. Keep calling them to check on your status. Cunard can be sloppy about waitlists.

Thank you for the information.  It will be a week tomorrow and have not heard a word from them. I will definitely ring them up in the morning. 

I agree with Lissie, it seems they are reducing capacity and have cancelled some people. Hope you get sorted but I think there would be some cross people if they were cancelled and then others subsequently booked on. However, we don't know which cruises the cancellations apply to. Certainly some people travelling on QE in June have been cancelled, not seen anything about QE in July. It seems to be the shorter segments.