Merged - Cunard website Issues

lissie

20 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Thank you for that. It appears the issue with the Day Calendar titles being off by a day may be confined to the US version of My Cunard then. The five people I've noticed who have commented about that particular bug are located in New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, New Jersey and Iowa. Both of the voyages we have booked (one later this year on QM2 and one in 2024 on QA) show that bug within the Day Calendar in our US version of My Cunard.

Just to document the issue further, here is what our Day Calendar looks like for Nov 26, 2022 in our US version of My Cunard. We will be in Bridgetown, Barbados that day and the calendar shows we have a Cunard excursion booked for Barbados that day. But the calendar would also have us believe we will be in Castries, St Lucia that day which is actually where we will be one day later on Nov 27, 2022.

1964024080_DayCalendarBug(US).thumb.jpg.cd7991dc54bef5f8de35f8d48baa0b76.jpg

It is also correct for our 2 QA 24 cruises

On 10/18/2022 at 1:34 AM, sfred said:

Wow  - was I surprised this morning.  Doing MyCunard checkin for our upcoming QM2 voyage.

• MyCunard prepopulated and accepted our passport details, no worries.
  • MyCunard accepted our payment card, no worries.
  • MyCunard accepted our uploaded photographs, no worries.
  • Downloaded and printed our boarding passes, no worries.
  • Downloaded and printed our luggage tags, no worries and no formatting issues.

What was I doing so wrong to have this happen???    😀

Well, the problems with embarkation checkin continued for our QM2 Norway voyage.  All of our above details were correct and ready to go at the Mayflower terminal. Checkin took 2 or 3 minutes and we were through to security and onto the ship.

I'm sure the IT people in Carnival House are now working extra hours to fix this bug and make sure it doesn't happen again! 😄

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 7:33 PM, lahore said:

Ok, I’m actually shocked.  I am an experienced cruiser who just booked my first cruise on Cunard, it’s a cheap trial because we were considering a really long one next year and thought we’d try a quick trial on QEII out of our home port before committing.  I had to book a balcony guarantee as it’s a last minute thing, I’m not sure if the fact we are on a guarantee makes any difference.

The website tells me absolutely nothing!  Here’s what I would expect based on other cruise lines:

- The times of arrival and departure into port:  nothing there at all other than ‘early morning’.

- Capacity to choose dining time:  An indicator that says ‘dining’ but you can’t do anything whatsoever after you click on it.

- Capacity to pre book dining or spa experiences (Ok, not all lines have that but some do. The Cunar website seems to invite you to do so but then you can’t).

- Capacity to book tours - we normally don’t but it actually invites to book ‘experiences’ yet there are none there to even consider

Am I missing something (well I am, but is it my fault)? 

p.s. this is for a cruise in December 2022, it is now mid October 2022.

And, I  thought it was just me!  Worst website EVER.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, techteach said:

@bluemarble Help! I am on QM2 and can’t get to the U.S. Cunard website. It doesn’t recognize my email. Suggestions please?

The only way I know to get to the US Cunard website while onboard is to use a VPN that makes it look like you are located in the US. I haven't dug into the details of the onboard wifi, but it is presumably making it look like you are accessing the internet from the UK (or some other location that directs you to the UK Cunard website). If you don't have VPN software installed on the device you are using, I imagine it could be a challenge to download and install one using the ship's wifi.

I'm not sure I'm following the part about it not recognizing your email. I wasn't aware of functionality on the US Cunard website that uses email addresses other than to sign up for Cunard's special offers email mailing list.

1 minute ago, techteach said:

@bluemarble I’m going to Cunard.com. I’m trying to manage my booking. It is asking for my email and then says it doesn’t recognize it.

Are you trying to "Log in to My Account" from "Manage my booking"? That functionality does use email addresses, but that does not apply to the US. We don't have the "My Account" functionality in the US. Or I should say we don't have it any more.

8 minutes ago, techteach said:

Here are pics.

1EFF0D2D-CFCD-4E8B-A326-160926EDD837.png

45696987-B6E7-45AF-85B0-70A2F28775D9.png

Yeah, that's the "My Account" functionality which no longer works for the US as far as I know. If you manage to stumble onto a link that tries to take you there on the US Cunard website, it just tells you the following.

"Unfortunately, My Account Login and Registration are currently undergoing maintenance repairs.

Please know our teams are working hard to get My Account Login and Registration up and running again. If you have questions regarding your Cunard World Club account or loyalty status, please call Customer Service at (800) 728-6273."

It has been that way for over a year now. It seems clear their teams are not working particularly hard to get "My Account" working again in the US.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, techteach said:

@bluemarble Thanks for your help. I was able to get into my bookings to find our suite for our June/July cruise.

Good. I was hoping the "My Cunard" functionality would work for you if you needed to check on a future booking. In the past I've found that functionality is able to recognize which country the booking reference number is for and automatically directs you to the correct site for that booking when you log in.

If you go to the Cunard Web site via on board wifi and click "Manage My Booking," you will go to the UK site, from which your US booking usually cannot be accessed. However, I was able to find my upcoming reservation via on board wifi by going to my.cunard.com, which opened the page where one enters the reservation number, name, and birth date to access a US reservation.

I can access my booking by entering the booking number and details each time.  I live in the US.  It seems like this is normal for US passengers for the time being.  I am assuming that when it is time I will be able to print documents, etc.  

• 3 months later...

I would like to thank all of you who shared your experiences with the website.  It is challenging to say the least.  But the workaround of calling in to add emergency contact information worked flawlessly.  I called Cunard (I live in the US) and was connected to an agent in less than a minute.  Then I dictated the information to her and it immediately showed up on the website.  

Having the same issue that started this thread: can't enter info into the "Personal Details" section. I know I can call them instead.  But what sort of operation is this that doesn't fix a simple website bug despite being notified about it for months?  I mean it's even an issue that would benefit their company to fix, and they don't fix it.  Doesn't inspire confidence in Cunard's other services.  Truly astonishing.

8 minutes ago, vgrussell said:

Having the same issue that started this thread: can't enter info into the "Personal Details" section. I know I can call them instead.  But what sort of operation is this that doesn't fix a simple website bug despite being notified about it for months?  I mean it's even an issue that would benefit their company to fix, and they don't fix it.  Doesn't inspire confidence in Cunard's other services.  Truly astonishing.

Honestly, in my experience at any rate, once you are aboard, it is much, much better. 😀 

9 minutes ago, vgrussell said:

Yes, unfortunately this section is titled, "Before You Sail."

Precisely. Hence the contrast. I must say, though, most of the websites I deal with are equally tedious, though I avoid doing anything on line where I can.