Any people just off Majestic in Alaska ?

wblotner66

Ate there last night. If you are expecting take out style oriental food then you will be sadly lacking.  It is a renowned chefs version of oriental style cooking.  My wife, who is Chinese, and I really liked it and will go back. Another couple of ladies sitting next to us expressed a liking of it also.

Go with an open mind. Some will hate it others, like us, will enjoy it and the change.

10 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

As anyone tried the Chinese Restaurant in the ship? 

Menu has been dumbed down to regular Chinese, same as a dive American Chinese restaurant, with fancy plates and over the top service. Would not recommend.  Shadow of it's former self when she cruised the Asian market.

You might enjoy this recent thread on Harmony restaurant dining.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2848759-worst-disappointment-from-recent-majestic-cruise-swirls/page/2/

Bottom line, conflicting reviews. Probably depends on who works in the kitchen. I cook mostly Chinese, which is technique dependent to get it right.

Edited by mtnesterz

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

Ate there last night. If you are expecting take out style oriental food then you will be sadly lacking.  It is a renowned chefs version of oriental style cooking.  My wife, who is Chinese, and I really liked it and will go back. Another couple of ladies sitting next to us expressed a liking of it also.

Go with an open mind. Some will hate it others, like us, will enjoy it and the change.

Great to hear. We already have reservations

57 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Not worth the price when you can get decent food at complementary oriental noodle bar and other food outlets. 

Is the oriental noodle bar avail everyday?

22 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

Is the oriental noodle bar avail everyday?

Yes until 11pm daily. Menu has a different featured noodle dish everyday. You can also add extra fixings like additional wonton and such.  I really like the Dan Dan noodle. 

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Not worth the price when you can get decent food at complementary oriental noodle bar and other food outlets. 

The noodle bar only has three bowls and about 10 add in items. Not the same as the Harmony. Not even close.

We ate at Harmony on the Majestic in October 2021 and I personally thought it was right up there with one of the worst meals I've ever had at sea.   

I love Chinese food, and this wasn't even close to being decent.    The best thing was the miso soup and it was just miso soup, nothing fancy.

Very rarely will I not eat a meal, but I couldn't eat it......my friend felt the same way about hers and she ordered completely different items than myself.    

I'd give it a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

36 minutes ago, Willwils said:

Does Noodle Bar cost extra? Is it spicy(I cannot tolerate)?

The noodle bar does not cost extra and you can add additional items to make it spicy or you can just have it plain.   It's pretty good and I had it twice last cruise, even in Mexico where it felt like it was 110 degrees outside.   

23 minutes ago, ghgeckos said:

Another vote for the noodle bar on the pool deck. It was a great change of pace from the regular pool deck choices.

Is the noodle bar located in the buffet?

Thanks,

Does anyone know where the quarantine cabins are now on Majestic Princess? We're booked for July cruise on DOLPHIN DECK 9 deluxe balcony. On much earlier non-Alaska cruises & last year people thought quarantine was deck 9. That's scary for us!