Little French key - visited 5/4/2022 - please read

chriscec2012

We visited little French key on our Mardi Gras cruise this past week on 5/4/2022. We found everything that’s been posted is a lie. They are up and running with 100% services operating that day. A lot of the same great staff and outstanding food and drinks. We chatted with the new management for a little while and everything that’s being posted is false, little French key is open for business, safe with absolutely no issues for us. If you’re traveling to roatan anytime soon, do yourself a favor and make a visit for the day and help spread the word that LFK is alive, well and ready to welcome you. The new management is great, Joel is the new manager and he’s and staff are working hard to get word out that it’s business as usual. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 11:00 PM, chriscec2012 said:

We visited little French key on our Mardi Gras cruise this past week on 5/4/2022. We found everything that’s been posted is a lie. They are up and running with 100% services operating that day. A lot of the same great staff and outstanding food and drinks. We chatted with the new management for a little while and everything that’s being posted is false, little French key is open for business, safe with absolutely no issues for us. If you’re traveling to roatan anytime soon, do yourself a favor and make a visit for the day and help spread the word that LFK is alive, well and ready to welcome you. The new management is great, Joel is the new manager and he’s and staff are working hard to get word out that it’s business as usual. 

Question?  How did you make your reservation, or did you just go there off the ship?

On 5/19/2022 at 9:42 PM, MacawGuy said:

Question?  How did you make your reservation, or did you just go there off the ship?

Good question.  I've been several times and it's my FAVORITE!  However, I'm trying to decide whether I should wait until the last minute to reserve (if negative reviews start getting posted) or try to just walk in?  Granted, if I book ahead of time, they pick us up at the port, so that's helpful!

Sorry I forgot about this post, we literally waited and got off the ship and walked down to the bottom of the hill and found one of their guides. Once we got there we met Joel the new general manager and now have his contact Info. Everything was first class. I will be happy to give you his info if you want to set up your day there directly with him. 

Thanks, We were planning on doing the same thing. We have been there twice before and loved it. I did send Larissa an email to let her know when we were coming. Back in March we had paid for a package and then later received an email that the money had been embezzled. I went to the website and requested a refund per their policy and have heard nothing, so we protested the charge on our CC.

On 6/4/2022 at 1:31 AM, chriscec2012 said:

Sorry I forgot about this post, we literally waited and got off the ship and walked down to the bottom of the hill and found one of their guides. Once we got there we met Joel the new general manager and now have his contact Info. Everything was first class. I will be happy to give you his info if you want to set up your day there directly with him. 

I would love to have Joel's info, to book my trip in August.  Thanks!

Joel Silverman on Facebook, says he’s from Laguna California in profile. He is the Gm of LFK now. Reach out to him on messenger and line it up, they will take great care of you. Tell him that Jamie and Chris gave you the info. If you don’t get him that way let me know and I’ll get you his phone # 

Edited by chriscec2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 11:24 PM, chriscec2012 said:

Joel Silverman on Facebook, says he’s from Laguna California in profile. He is the Gm of LFK now. Reach out to him on messenger and line it up, they will take great care of you. Tell him that Jamie and Chris gave you the info. If you don’t get him that way let me know and I’ll get you his phone # 

I am really confused.  We really wanted to go there in September.  I found the Joel Silverman on FB and it says he "lives in Laguna Beach, CA".  How can he live there and be in Roatan?   Also, I am from Greensboro.  

3 hours ago, CruiseLover15 said:

I am really confused.  We really wanted to go there in September.  I found the Joel Silverman on FB and it says he "lives in Laguna Beach, CA".  How can he live there and be in Roatan?   Also, I am from Greensboro.  

He must not have changed his location on Facebook but he definitely lives in Roatan and he definitely is the GM of LFK and will take great care of you. Please tell him that Chris & Jamie gave you his contact. I promise you will be surprised at how great it still is. 

On 6/25/2022 at 1:18 PM, john160 said:

So what is behind all of the posts that it is unsafe?

The former owners (yes plural) husband and wife split, the husband lost control of LFK and his wife is now the sole owner. Her ex husband is trying to ruin it for her to get it shut down with hopes of coming back and taking over. They have posted fake photos showing fire and damage, none of it is true, all false rumors started just to cause chaos and to keep tourists from visiting and making LFK successful. 

There is no truth to any of it and it’s still being ran just like before, Joel and his staff will take great care of you. 

• 6 months later...

Hi Chris, we are so confused and conflicted about going to LFK on our next cruise.  We have been twice before and LOVE IT,  but are concerned by the posts and photos on the fb page for Little French Key.  In contrast, the photos and posts on Little French Key Resort fb page are lovely.  We just don't know what to believe.  You seem to have recent first hand experience.  I have emailed with Larissa and she was quite pleasant.  We are just afraid to book something and lose our money, or spend the time to ferry over to LFK only to find it's in disrepair and the beaches are dirty, etc.  Royal Caribbean does not offer an excursion to LFK and we'd have to book it on our own, so there is no safety net.  Do you recommend going and should we just walk to the end of the port and find Joel?  Thank you so much for your honest experience.

Dawn

11 hours ago, DCDaybreak1 said:

Hi Chris, we are so confused and conflicted about going to LFK on our next cruise.  We have been twice before and LOVE IT,  but are concerned by the posts and photos on the fb page for Little French Key.  In contrast, the photos and posts on Little French Key Resort fb page are lovely.  We just don't know what to believe.  You seem to have recent first hand experience.  I have emailed with Larissa and she was quite pleasant.  We are just afraid to book something and lose our money, or spend the time to ferry over to LFK only to find it's in disrepair and the beaches are dirty, etc.  Royal Caribbean does not offer an excursion to LFK and we'd have to book it on our own, so there is no safety net.  Do you recommend going and should we just walk to the end of the port and find Joel?  Thank you so much for your honest experience.

Dawn

I booked LFK for our cruise next month end of February.

Larissa (owner) gave me new website and we can just walk out the port gate down the hill to meet drivers and select our package and pay once we are there.

Below is email from Larissa and the new website address.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for contacting Little French Key Resort.
I am glad you found us. Sadly the previous administration won't release the social media or the business webpage back to us.
You are at the right please here with me.
Our new webpage is : littlefrenchkeyresort.com for all the info and packages.
I would book you and you won;t make any payments till you get to our location and choose your package.
We pick you up whenever you disembark from the ship and take you back whenever you wish to. No specific times set up. 
We want our guests to feel free and happy to leave or get off the ship at any time.
You sure can order food a la carte, however our full island package at $98 pp is our best seller and has everything included.
Let me know when you are coming, how many guests you are and I will email you our pickup instructions.

Thank you
LFK-Resort
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, sjlogghe said:

I would love to hear from you after the Feb cruise as well! We're looking at doing LFK in April, but just nervous after the fb posts, seeing posts about being scammed, etc. I hope you have an amazing time!!

Yes, I will post after our return.

I've been seeing new reviews on TripAdvisor here https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g292019-d2285434-Reviews-Little_French_Key-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html  and Larissa the owner has been replying, so that's a good sign that things are running smoothly there. 

It's a shame that all it takes is a few people giving misinformation and it takes off like wild fire.

I'm surprised more people here on CC either have not been to Little French Key or don't bother posting their experience. I will post photos and a review when we return. 🙂

• Like 1

We were at LFK in November of this past year. We had been a couple of times in the past before all the drama started.

Here are my thoughts in a 30 second review.

We had some challenges finding the transportation there. Even though we knew were to go and who to look for we struggled finding the van.

We had booked prior to Covid (previous owner) and had a two cruises cancelled on us. Even though they confirmed via email that they would honor the reservation which was paid in full they were reluctant to do it, After a lengthy conversation they did honor the reservation, minus the lunch, drinks and prepaid massage.

The beach was just as beautiful but the service was a little lacking. It was still good, but not like before. 

The biggest challenge had nothing to do with LFK, it is the development of the island across the bay. It really hurts the intimacy of LFK. We walked over to the other side of the island but it is not nearly as well kept as it had been.

Will we go again. Not sure. The development of the island across the bay really hurt the vibe for us. First timers will really enjoy it as they do not have the old LFK to compare it to.

Ease of getting there- Average

Safety - Felt extremely safe

Enjoyment- Good as any other excursion I have taken

Service- Average

DE75D011-FA34-4615-9BDE-A2E62D476ADD.jpeg

DA16F00C-4C12-48B9-9C44-EDFDB736E8FF.jpeg

69D20985-D242-4414-B046-FEE571D16A30.jpeg