Linked Reservations Question

I have a potentially stupid question, but I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

I started cruising when I was 5 and have been on every single cruise with my parents, however when I turned 18 and got my own Captain's Club number, I started accruing points on my own. Since thorough records weren't kept by the cruise line at that time (in the 90's), I lost some points. I was able to submit proof to gain the missing points, but as a result my parents and I have different point values.

I have been doing the Double Up points offered by Captain's Club that can be done at home, however, my parents haven't.

Yesterday, we made a reservation on the Summit for next year, which would bump me up to Elite but they would stay Select. We were advised by our TA to link the reservation (and therefore our Captain's Club numbers) together so we would all receive the sane benefits. 

That's not a problem, however, I thought they were already linked since we're all staying in the same stateroom. Could I have interpreted this wrong, and what can I do to make sure we all receive my benefits on the cruise?

I can only give you my personal experience - I am Elite, and my mother, who I often sail with, is Select.  When they used to have the Happy hour or priority boarding, she would come with me and they never had an issue including her.   Now that the benefits are less structured, I don't know how that would work.  

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

If you are all in the same cabin then there shouldn’t be anything to link. You would be under one reservation number and should be considered the same cc level…….that’s my understanding 

Even though my Dad made the reservation, would they still get my benefits if I'm in the same cabin?