Luggage Question when flying out of San Francisco

Twenty-one cruises and we've always driven to the ports.  This is our first time flying to a cruise port, and I am unsure how luggage is handing when disembarking the ship.  Do we put it out the night before disembarking and pick it up to carry to the bus if we have the airport transport, or do we put it out and not see it again until we get to our home airport?

I hope I worded this question so that it make sense.  I appreciate the kindness of someone that can give me some clarification.

I don't believe luggage express is available any more, so unless you're doing self assist, you'll need to put your luggage out the night before.  Then pick it up from the baggage claim and perhaps use a porter to help you get out to where you need to be to catch the airport shuttle.  At the airport you'll need to get it through TSA baggage check, after checking in to airline and getting baggage claim tags for your destination.

if by chance the ship offers luggage express, you then follow those procedures and pick your luggage up at the airport when you arrive home.

Crewsweeper is right on.   Put your luggage out night before.  The ship will supply tags for your disembarkation group.  Exit the ship.  Gather your luggage.   Go to your shuttle (likely there will be ship staff directing you).   At the airport, gather your luggage from the shuttle and proceed to check-in.   This assumes no luggage assist.  

We were on a transfer bus to the airport in Venice with a couple that thought their luggage was automatically loaded on the bus and would meet them at the airport.   They had to ride the bus back to the pier to collect their luggage.  Fortunately, they had plenty of time to do that before their flight.   

On 5/9/2022 at 12:11 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Before you put your luggage out, be absolutely sure nothing you need is in it.

Haha, like what you will wear the next day!