Quarantine hotels in Vancouver

Buckeye10640

Is there  list of Vancouver hotels somewhere who are willing to take a covid positive person who needs to quarantine? Will be disembarking in Vancouver in a few weeks and under their newly revised policy Princess seems to be leaving passengers who test positive at disembarkation to figure it out on their own. I would rather have a plan and not need it than be standing there with a positive test and no idea where to go!

Thanks. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

13 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Is there  list of Vancouver hotels somewhere who are willing to take a covid positive person who needs to quarantine? Will be dise.barking in Vancouver in a few weeks and under their newly revised policy Princess seems to be leaving passengers who test positive at disembarkation to figure it out on their own. I would rather have a plan and not need it than be standing there with a positive test and no idea where to go!

Thanks. 

According to https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html cruise lines must arrange and pay for this.

There is an account posted earlier today of cruise line resistance, but as you will read a little persistence paid off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

According to https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html cruise lines must arrange and pay for this.

There is an account posted earlier today of cruise line resistance, but as you will read a little persistence paid off.

Thanks, I think this is the key phrase

"If you test positive while on your cruise, and the cruise ends in Canada, you will need to complete your isolation in Canada as organized and paid for by the operator."

If Princess is  no longer testing you on board they wont have any responsibility if you test positive right after getting off the ship.

33 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Thanks, I think this is the key phrase

"If you test positive while on your cruise, and the cruise ends in Canada, you will need to complete your isolation in Canada as organized and paid for by the operator."

If Princess is  no longer testing you on board they wont have any responsibility if you test positive right after getting off the ship.

That may be its thinking. But the fact remains that if one tests positive pier side, one must have been positive while aboard.

Some posters have indicated their intention to take test kits with them and test the day before disembarkation. A positive test could be reported and the cruise line would have to at the very least administer a confirming test.

31 minutes ago, broberts said:

That may be its thinking. But the fact remains that if one tests positive pier side, one must have been positive while aboard.

Some posters have indicated their intention to take test kits with them and test the day before disembarkation. A positive test could be reported and the cruise line would have to at the very least administer a confirming test.

I agree. If I walk to the testing site next door and I am positive it is a certainty that I was positive on the ship. But...there is no proof.  Absolutely we are bringing self tests and  we will use proctored eMed tests if the wifi holds up. Still, would love a list of hotels if anyone has this info. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

• 5 weeks later...

Princess uses the Sheraton Airport Vancouver Hotel near YVR in Richmond, BC.  One would have had to be tested positive on ship prior to disembarkation for Princess to arrange.  Once off ship, you are on your own cruise is over.  Some folks take self test on cruise.

One could look at testing positive last day of cruise, you get an additional 10 days in Vancouver quarantined at hotel - no fun.

Preferred result is negative/no test and go home.

We got off Serenade of the Seas (Alaska, May 29-June5), there was Covid on ship, elevators packed, dining room/buffet full.  Lots of coughing, sneezing, minimal 5% folks sanitized hands before entering dining venues.  Expect Covid on ships, I would not be surprised to see a mask policy reinstated.