Can't complete shore excursion purchase, customer service is no help

Got my Carribbean cruise reserved. Went online Friday to reserve some shore excursions, dining packages and water park. When I enter my credit card info and try to pay, I get an error message saying that the payment cannot be processed at this time. Tried 3x different cards, same error. All the cards are fine (charge normally at other vendors). Now I have about 10x charges on my cards for $1,890.47 (one for each time I tried to complete the purchase) but no actual reservations. I've now spent 2-1/2 hours (yes, 2-1/2 hours) with customer service, nobody can fix it, keep sending me to another RCL office and eventually get disconnected during a transfer. I'm just trying to pay for some really overpriced shore excursions. This is getting ridiculous. Is there a number to call at RCL with people that can actually solve problems?

Thanks, Tree_Skier. I tried that. I've actually called and tried to give them a credit card over the phone but they report the same problem (Card is good but their computers can't process it). They just opened a "ticket with IT" and said that's all they can do.

My problem has been that when I check on the RESERVE button, it doesn't open the option to ADD TO CART. Tried to call endlessly, never got through ... emailed them - still waiting on a response .... NOT happy !

• Like 1

I’ve had that error message too. I deleted everything from my cart and added one thing at a time and checked out separately after each item. Once I got down to a restaurant reservation the original time I had picked wasn’t available and I think that’s why the original charge wouldn’t go through. Picked a different reservation time and it went through.

My attempts where I got the error message didn’t charge my card. Are yours charges or just authorizations(pending charges)? Because if they’re the latter they’ll drop off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrianL2 said:

Now I have about 10x charges on my cards for $1,890.47 (one for each time I tried to complete the purchase) but no actual reservations.

Welcome to CC.

Unless you got confirmations for the purchase, those are likely pending charges which will drop off in a couple of days.

I had the exact same issue booking a few Alaska excursions for Ketchikan. Tried multiple times, with 3 different cards. All got “pending” charges but nothing actually went through. I got so frustrated I ended up booking on my own and not through RCL for 2 of them. Now, I have the same problem @allyfreehas. I literally can’t book any excursions as the reserve button isn’t even clickable; In this instance, I ended up calling to book and had success that way. Incredibly frustrating, to say the least.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat.  Can't give them my money!  I will try deleting and doing one at a time on a different browser.  Chrome doesn't seem to work for me this time.  UGH!

I'm not a fan of work arounds, but this solved my purchasing problems.  Used Microsoft Edge, first clearing my cookies, then booked each shorex individually.

Yeah!  We can now go on some Royal shorex!

• Like 3