Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

59 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I did not go to the longe.  I use the vouchers elsewhere but I believe it was open in the mornings for a Continental breakfast. It's right between Music Hall and the theater. 

One more question, when using the vouchers, do they automatically add the tip or do I add the tip when signing the voucher receipt?

On 5/16/2022 at 10:39 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

The shops in Juneau is an easy walk.  Skagway is a different story.  We probably should of taken the bus that circles from the boat and all around town.  Found out after walking it was $5 for all day.

Is Skagway scooter-friendly?

23 minutes ago, iuki said:

One more question, when using the vouchers, do they automatically add the tip or do I add the tip when signing the voucher receipt?

No tip added when using voucher.  Nothing to sign either.   Carry some ones for tips is what we do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iuki said:

We’re sailing on the Ovation May 27 and received our sailing checklist.  It showed access to the Diamond Lounge Happy Hour 5 pm to 8 pm. Not interested in Happy Hour.  Do you know if the Diamond Lounge is accessible at other times?

Dl opens at 7 am and open until 10 or 11 pm everyday.   We like to go for free lattes, espressos in the morning.   No vouchers needed for them at the DL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid. John. I am giving you a standing Ovation🤩🤩🤩

See what I did there😁

You have amazing photos.   Overall a fantastic review.

I'm so happy that you, Sharon and your friends have had an amazing cruise.   Thank you for sharing with us.

And continuing to share Seattle with us.

I'm confident your flight home will be on time as planned.

Enjoy and be safe,

Debbie😍 aka Sunsine

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am so thankful we are not flying out today.  A passenger on the shared that her flight was canceled.   She said all flights to Denver were canceled.   I would hate to deal with canceled flights again.   We will see how Sunday goes.

Oh man, are they canceled on all airlines? We fly home on United and have a stop in Denver in 3 weeks.

On 5/17/2022 at 4:27 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

We have left Sitka so the cell service is gone and we are leaving for a show.  Will try posting more later.

How long is the walk from town to the park?  Because I have a scooter I would have to be onboard before 1:30 pm to avoid the tender.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:55 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks!  Have you cruised Alaska before?  After this cruise I will be excited to cruise with my daughter.   This was originally her idea but as you probably remember she will be having her 1st baby in 3 months! 

Congratulations on the grandbaby. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 7:11 AM, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, been swamped with honey do lists

Never done AK, really should follow along

Hi John - Send our aloha to Laura.  We’ll be sailing to Alaska May 27 on the Ovation.  Last cruise was in November 2019 on Harmony.  Take care.  Al & Judy

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ozark_Kid. John. I am giving you a standing Ovation🤩🤩🤩

See what I did there😁

You have amazing photos.   Overall a fantastic review.

I'm so happy that you, Sharon and your friends have had an amazing cruise.   Thank you for sharing with us.

And continuing to share Seattle with us.

I'm confident your flight home will be on time as planned.

Enjoy and be safe,

Debbie😍 aka Sunsine

Thanks so much Debbie.   I still need to post the Victoria stip but have a little from today to finish.  Thanks for stopping by and helping out on questions. Maybe someday we will cruise together and do a review together!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, iuki said:

How long is the walk from town to the park?  Because I have a scooter I would have to be onboard before 1:30 pm to avoid the tender.

Someone earlier posted a link for a Sitka map.  I would only be guessing somewhere between 1/2 and 1 mile.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 3:13 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

The boat is rocking big time and the wind is strong.   When I got back to the room my wife had the balcony door open.  I opened our room door and a huge vacuum of wind about blew me over and the balcony curtains were slapping the ceiling.   I am not exaggerating.  I took two hard steps in against the wind, the ship shifted and the wind suddenly stopped.   I flew across the room and landed In bed.  It's like being on a looooong roller coaster ride. 

That’s what happened on our first cruise to Alaska - 35-foot swells.  Half the crew and passengers were sick.  Merchandise fell off the shelves and clothing racks toppled over.  There were cleaning foam spots on the hall carpets - need I say more?  We were almost thrown of the bed …..

Advise.  We are staying at Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown. When we stayed here before the cruise our room was on the 3rd floor.  The hall is right at check in and the lobby.  It was real noisy and the bed was not comfortable.  This time we are on the 6th floor and it is nice.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Someone earlier posted a link for a Sitka map.  I would only be guessing somewhere between 1/2 and 1 mile.

Yes.  I saw that later.  Will go to the website to save in pdf form and save it to my files folder for access without Wi-Fi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The coloured glass is stunning.  I especially like the outdoor photos.  Thanks for sharing all those photos.

I really enjoyed the visit.  The stuff inside was lit up just right and I liked how the glass blended with the natural stuff.

• Like 3