Shore Excursion tickets-digital or paper?

steve4031

I am curious as to how excursion tickets are handled on HAL .  On other cruises I vaguely remember having paper tickets that either were already in my cabin when I boarded, or that I obtained at the cruise excursion desk.

I am in a Neptune suite.  Would I obtain the tickets from the concierge? Or should I look for them when I enter my cabin.  

Thank you

28 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

I am curious as to how excursion tickets are handled on HAL .  On other cruises I vaguely remember having paper tickets that either were already in my cabin when I boarded, or that I obtained at the cruise excursion desk.

I am in a Neptune suite.  Would I obtain the tickets from the concierge? Or should I look for them when I enter my cabin.  

Thank you

The concierge in the Neptune will only be involved if you have a problem with them. Otherwise they will be in your room, or digital.

• Thanks 1

Mexican Riviera Cruise in Jan 2020 all our excursion tickets were paper and waiting for us in our room. 

Mexican Riviera Cruise in Jan 2022 everything was digital and on the Navigator App. 

• Thanks 1

We just got off the Rotterdam and were on the Transatlantic cruise.  All of our tickets were digital, on the Navigator App.  The passengers that did not have them on their phone, they only had to provide their cabin number and they were able to board the bus.

In Alaska on the Zuiderdam last month, if you fumbled to find your digital excursion pass at the pier, the excursion teams just scanned your room card.  No paper in site unless you brought your receipts from home.

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

In Alaska on the Zuiderdam last month, if you fumbled to find your digital excursion pass at the pier, the excursion teams just scanned your room card.  No paper in site unless you brought your receipts from home.

Same on the koningsdam.  As a matter of fact she insisted that I show her my card key because it would be faster.  I had my phone in my hand with the ticket open for them to scan.  I guess they were used to others that struggled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poinsettiaplate said:

If one does not choose to use the app, how does one know if the shore excursion has been cancelled or if the time has been changed from when it was purchased, whether before the cruise or onboard?

That’s a good question.  I hope there would be some paper notice.  I mean I don’t think I looked at my “ticket” too much before the excursion