Reflection - anyone been on it this year?

go.without.you

36 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Was in a Sky Suite on the Reflection in March.    

Reasons that we chose (and will again) a SS over Aqua were the larger cabin and balcony and of course Luminae.  Difference in price for us for that sailing was pretty small, so we thought we would splurge and loved it. 

Same reasons we booked a Sky Suite for our August Reflection cruise. We really do not care about a retreat sun deck, but we love the fine dining experience of Luminae and the exceptional personal service of having a Butler. When we weigh in the value of what we get with a SS over Aqua, the price is not that much higher for the SS. We got such a great deal on the SS when we booked in January, which was $1500pp less than the current price and only about $800pp more than current Aqua pricing. Add in the $400 OBC pp and the value of premium drinks and streaming internet, we are really close to the Aqua price.

• Like 1

We sailed the Reflection recently.  We were in a Reflection Suite.  Loved the suite, extra room on the balcony.  The cost of the trip was roughly $8,500 for the two of us.  When you spend that amount of money for a 9 night cruise, we were expecting Celebrity to deliver what we had loved in the past.

Would I do it again?  Probably not.  Food in Luminae was not what we had experienced in the past. After a few days, people asked for the main dining room menu.   Michael's Club was poorly staffed with a bartender that did not know what or how to make a drink.  On a couple of occasions, people were showing them how to make a simple drink. The person who could make a drink appeared at 5:30.  Our butler was ok, nothing great.  The concierge in Michaels was wonderful in helping us with reservations, etc.  It was interesting that they had never been on a ship and they were just learning how to do their job on our voyage.

The specialty restaurants had sub par food.  We were again shocked that although the menu looked wonderful, the quality of the food was poor and, again, not what we experienced before.  The Tuscan Grill appetizer of the cheeses and italian ham was poor supermarket quality.  We sent back the steak because it was so chewy that you could not really eat it.  

The staff was wonderful and did their best to accommodate.  They were always cheerful and thoughtful except for the Michael's Club bartender who was not trained.

I am hoping I am not flamed because of this review.  I just came home with a bad feeling about a suite experience cruise on Celebrity that I had so enjoyed in the past.

Wow, you got a bargain for the Reflection Suite, little more than $1K a day assuming a seven day cruise.    When we sail in premium suites we usually pay over 10K per person for a 14 day cruise.   Is there a reason they were selling the best suite on the ship for this price?   Is it because of the shortage of personnel?

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

We rolled over 2 cancelled cruises to a Reflection Sept 2022 cruise.  We paid about 9300 for a Sky Suite. 

That has to be for 2 people, we paid $4108pp for our 10 night Sky Suite August cruise on the Reflection. 

On 5/16/2022 at 7:22 PM, Momma Rene said:

We sailed the Reflection recently.  We were in a Reflection Suite.  Loved the suite, extra room on the balcony.  The cost of the trip was roughly $8,500 for the two of us.  When you spend that amount of money for a 9 night cruise, we were expecting Celebrity to deliver what we had loved in the past.

Do you mean a suite on Reflection or the actual Reflection Suite? If the latter, wow. How did you get such a bargain?! The RF suite is still available for our September sailing, at the not so bargain price of $48,000 for two people! It's roughly $8500 for two of us in AQ, I think if I spent that much and had the reflection suite I wouldn't be complaining about anything haha

We sailed in Aqua for two weeks in February.  Love Blu and the ship.  Would not do suite for Reflection.  We just were in SS on Apex and loved it be because of private decks.  Would go with Aqua on Reflection.  Regardless, you will love either.