Princess Announces a 25% Teacher Appreciation Discount

Gretchendz

2 hours ago, Profco said:

It's May 31. I was registered and verified 2 weeks ago and was told I would be receiving a registration link by e-mail today. I have not gotten anything--checked spam folder, university e-mail account. NOTHING from Princess with a link to book at a discount.☹️ Has anyone else who was verified received a booking link today?   

I've been watching my email (personal and university) all morning with no code yet.

I'm disappointed that it doesn't apply to currently booked cruises. We're on the June 11 Western Caribbean itinerary, and I would have waited to book had I known a discount was coming.

• Like 3

as I remember, the nurses ( and others ) promotion, the link didn't appear in our email until late in the day ... 3 hour time difference here also.

once people get the link, why not contact your TA, CVP, or Princess direct to inquire about a refare at the reduced pricing ... be careful about perks and packages

not all cabins, at least before, were eligible for the discounted pricing

• Thanks 1

Still nothing! I phoned Princess earlier today. First the Customer Service Agent gave me the excuse of the time change. She verified that I was supposed to receive the booking link and re-sent my verification to me (which I didn't need because I already had it). She said it was difficult to help me without a booking number, and I told her that since the offer wasn't valid on previously booked cruises, I couldn't book it and get the discount. Then she suggested I figure out exactly what I want and phone reservations with the info. She offered to transfer me, but when she did, I was soon disconnected.  Very frustrating!

25 minutes ago, PJDH4 said:

6:30 on the East Coast and I still haven't gotten an email after having been verified two weeks ago.... Has anybody gotten anything yet?

Not me!

Still waiting as well, got the notice I was verified, but no email yet, 4 PM Pacific.

It is a good offer, though being a public school teacher limits when we can go to summer break or vacations, so Thanksgiving and Winter Break.  We already have out Eastern Caribbean booked and paid for in July, but we may be next years Alaska trip this August if it works out.

But, not code yet, so who knows if it is really happening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oalusk said:

I've been watching my email (personal and university) all morning with no code yet.

I'm disappointed that it doesn't apply to currently booked cruises. We're on the June 11 Western Caribbean itinerary, and I would have waited to book had I known a discount was coming.

Still no email at 7:15 CST. My fingers are crossed I can at least talk them into honoring some of the would-be discount as OBC for my cruise in two weeks, although I don't have my hopes up.

Edited by oalusk
  • Like 1

I was holding booking a couple cruises for this.

I went ahead & booked one. (4 day on Sapphire in Oct)

When I got to the final page, the discount showed up on the fare rate.

I then tried to do it again on the Discovery in Sept & no discount shows.

When I pull up the one I just booked, the discount still shows.

Tried another AK cruise on Crown--no luck (thought maybe Discovery isn't discounted)

So my take is that I'm hitting "select" sailings--one is discounted, and one is not.

Oh, well, it is what it is. I was booking either way. 

Managed to get the cabins we wanted.

(Sapphire snagged a 277 sq. ft. "regular" balcony vs. usual 237 sq. ft

Discovery managed to get cabin next to our traveling companions)

Annoyingly AK is $200 more than when they booked on May 20. Should have gone ahead & booked it then if price dropped cancel & rebooked. 

So overall saved but not nearly as much as had hoped.

(Yep, that is it. I did another dummy booking for a random Nov. Caribbean cruise & my discount shows up. Too bad)

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

Ok, here is my experience and it has a happy ending. I had a booking from a while back on the Sept 2 Enchanted Transatlantic. Cancelled that yesterday as the discount was for new bookings only, anticipating the email with the coupon code. No such email. Contacted Princess to rebook on the 31st and hoped that they would apply the code. No luck but kept the booking. Had to call again this morning, June 1st, took a while, but the code was applied to the booking I made yesterday. The 25% came off the lowest fare for my category cabin, but it was fine. They do not include Plus in the total before the discount. So it's off the most base fare for your category, but again, good. At least it's done. Bottom line: call. I guess they will apply the code while you wait.

19 minutes ago, judithzuz said:

Ok, here is my experience and it has a happy ending. I had a booking from a while back on the Sept 2 Enchanted Transatlantic. Cancelled that yesterday as the discount was for new bookings only, anticipating the email with the coupon code. No such email. Contacted Princess to rebook on the 31st and hoped that they would apply the code. No luck but kept the booking. Had to call again this morning, June 1st, took a while, but the code was applied to the booking I made yesterday. The 25% came off the lowest fare for my category cabin, but it was fine. They do not include Plus in the total before the discount. So it's off the most base fare for your category, but again, good. At least it's done. Bottom line: call. I guess they will apply the code while you wait.

Interesting...mine was off the Plus fare

Go figure...I just snagged a rate on a large online TA that I have used numerous times in the past.

For the AK cruise, cabin I wanted, Princess Plus. $700 cheaper than Princess site! I have never seen such a significant price difference. (I double checked EVERYTHING).

I just popped over as they are having a big sale & thought maybe I could get some OBC to ease my wounds!

• Like 1

Wrote to a Princess consultant who had contacted me to ask if she could assist with booking my cruise. I finally replied to her and explained the situation with the 25% discount, and asked if she could help. Instead she sent me a confirmation without the discount!!! I am furious.

2 minutes ago, Profco said:

Wrote to a Princess consultant who had contacted me to ask if she could assist with booking my cruise. I finally replied to her and explained the situation with the 25% discount, and asked if she could help. Instead she sent me a confirmation without the discount!!! I am furious.

I just got off the Live Chat on Princess's website. They said they had a "technical issue with the verification" and that the emails would be sent today. The code is not on my account yet. This is really frustrating!