Make up mirrors

On a related note, I’ve noticed from the penthouse suite photos that the make up table doesn’t look suitable for using a hair dryer because of the small size of the mirror. Where can you plug in a hairdryer that has access to a decent sized mirror? I know that the concierge and lower suites have a good sized desk/vanity with a full sized mirror. I’m reluctant to book a penthouse because of this issue. 

7 hours ago, LoveBora said:

On a related note, I’ve noticed from the penthouse suite photos that the make up table doesn’t look suitable for using a hair dryer because of the small size of the mirror. Where can you plug in a hairdryer that has access to a decent sized mirror? I know that the concierge and lower suites have a good sized desk/vanity with a full sized mirror. I’m reluctant to book a penthouse because of this issue. 

It’s not a perfect solution but you can get a long extension cord from your butler and plug it in next to the bed. Then you can take the hairdryer into the bathroom and use the large mirror there.

Dave

I found the mirror quite adequate for drying my hair, but there was no place to store the hair dryer so I had to keep it in the drawer on the other side of the bed.  There is an electric plug just outside of the bathroom (opposite side of the bed to the makeup mirror) but an extension would still be needed.

I seem to remember (but can't be precise) that one of the sockets by the dressing table on Explorer/Splendor has  a "hairdryer" label above/below it.  Though I always plugged the hairdryer in at that point (because I'm that sort of person) I never asked why or if I could use it elsewhere!  @FengShui@Sea is correct in saying there's nowhere nearby to store it - I usually ended up winding the cable around the hairdryer and tucking it tidily under the table, ready for next time.  Not a particularly good solution but at least it was a powerful dryer and I'd trade that for the ease of use that comes with one of those dreadful bathroom fitted dryers any time.

I'll look back in my photos to see if I have any reminders of how it was...I'll edit this post if I find something.

DSC00238-600x450.jpg

(That was Explorer PH  in 2017...)

Edited by Gilly