Looking for list of tv channels on carribbean cruises

CruiseScrooge

I will cruise again after taking a half dozen years off doing elder care. I go solo and basically eat, drink, and watch sports on tv during the fall and winter. Has MSC

improved their tv channel selections or it still european feeds almost useless for someone wanting to watch NFL ,MLB, and college hand-egg footy ball?

You may have some luck in the Sports Bar, but not likely. You will get your fill of European football, but that's about it.  In room tv is very limited:  CNN, HGTV, Food Network, Discovery, Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, ESPN Caribbean, and ESPN 2 International.

38 minutes ago, JAGR said:

You may have some luck in the Sports Bar, but not likely. You will get your fill of European football, but that's about it.  In room tv is very limited:  CNN, HGTV, Food Network, Discovery, Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, ESPN Caribbean, and ESPN 2 International.

Add cricket.  Always seemed to be playing in the Sports Bar.  They did put some tennis on for us.  US Open at that time.  EM

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Just got off of Divina and was very disappointed with the TV lineup.  Staff on the ship blamed it on the non-smart TVs.  They made it sound as if the newer ships had better programming.  True?  Is it any better on the newer ships?

Turner Classic Movies was the only movie channel.  I enjoy classic movies but they weren't showing any that I liked while on the cruise.  Except for the last 2 nights, when we could not get any reception.  AAAKKKKKKKK.

Having cruised other lines with on demand movies, account info for cabin, menus and a great TV lineup that had news other than CNN, I was sorely disappointed.  Not to mention the TV so small I could have used binoculars to see it.

While we really loved the YC I do not see cruising again with MSC until they improve the TV situation.  Yes, I am one of "those people" who watches television while on a cruise.

4 minutes ago, Muushka said:

They made it sound as if the newer ships had better programming.  True?  Is it any better on the newer ships?

We are recently off of the currently newest current ship, MSC Seashore, and the lineup was as I described earlier.  There may have been a second news channel.  I just relied on internet access and saved movies on my iPad. 

Edited by JAGR

6 minutes ago, JAGR said:

We are recently off of the currently newest current ship, MSC Seashore, and the lineup was as I described earlier.  There may have been a second news channel.  I just relied on internet access and saved movies on my iPad. 

Not a fan of watching movies on tiny screens! 

It would not have been so bad if they had shown movies on larger screens during the cruise but that was a rare occurrence.  I hope they get their act together on this issue.  And it is sad that they actually lied to me about newer ships having better TV lineup when in reality they just had larger TVs with programming I am not interested in.

We sailed Divina and Mera last Fall.  Both had same lineup as described above.  Used to have a great lineup but vastly scaled back.

We did get Sunday NFL and MNF.

If you want best TV and movies with restart where you left off, DCL is the place.

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

I was on Meraviglia in January and these are the channels I recall. They did have NFL Playoff games on, so likely will have some NFL games available.  These channels are much better than what I had on Carnival last week - a few of the channels listed above, a CBS news channel that primarily played reruns of 60 Min and other shows and no sports channels.

If i understand JT1962 correctly you were on Carnival and the channel lineup was worse than MSC? Wow. What happened to 'usa' cruise lines having the national network feeds out of Denver? I'm not savvy when it comes to wifi, cell phones, laptops etc... but it seems to me the cruise lines want us to buy a wifi package that probably sucks at streaming or even blocks it. Send a email to grandma with one pic attached-sure. Spend 12 hours streaming live sports on a saturday is hahahahahaha