Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I want to say there was some debate on the naturalist thing. I don’t remember if it was this thread or another one but someone said there was not a naturalist anymore. Andy is saying there will be a naturalist, Dick, on the bridge.

Glad to hear it, Saint Greg!  I can't imagine an Alaska cruise without a naturalist, it'll make your cruise so much better.  Be prepared, on their signal, to sprint to Port or Starboard with a good view so you can see the wildlife, which should be starting pretty soon after the naturalist boards I think.  Pretty soon (if not already) you'll hit the inside passage and the views start out great and just get better every day - especially in town and the fjords.  Looking forward to your excellent photos!

Did you remember binoculars?

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Glad to hear it, Saint Greg!  I can't imagine an Alaska cruise without a naturalist, it'll make your cruise so much better.  Be prepared, on their signal, to sprint to Port or Starboard with a good view so you can see the wildlife, which should be starting pretty soon after the naturalist boards I think.  Pretty soon (if not already) you'll hit the inside passage and the views start out great and just get better every day - especially in town and the fjords.  Looking forward to your excellent photos!

Did you remember binoculars?

Also look for daily lectures so you know what you are looking for when spotted.

• Like 3

I went back to the room to do some flossing…and I don’t mean dancing. This kid probably 12 yo comes flying out of his room. Nearly runs into me which would’ve spilled my beer all over me. I said a word he’s probably not supposed to hear.

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

I stopped by guest services to check on that OBC thing. Also I had them print me a new card so I can put the one I have in my collection. I haven’t seen any signs of card peeling here but this way I know I have a good card to keep.

It turns out that OBC is refundable. I went ahead and took it all and I’ll settle my account with a 10% off gift card.

4D83EACA-E948-40D3-A2B4-36F1DA8BE709.jpeg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s really really really really really really really really hard to find a place to sit down and eat. I think because they closed brunch at noon so the entire ship is eating lunch up here. And nobody wants to eat in the cold. I walked around for five minutes with a piece of cake.

Did you try upstairs? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I stopped by guest services to check on that OBC thing. Also I had them print me a new card so I can put the one I have in my collection. I haven’t seen any signs of card peeling here but this way I know I have a good card to keep.

It turns out that OBC is refundable. I went ahead and took it all and I’ll settle my account with a 10% off gift card.

4D83EACA-E948-40D3-A2B4-36F1DA8BE709.jpeg

Yeah!!!!!

• Like 1