Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

On 6/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Saint Greg said:

One thing I forgot to post that really surprised me was how serious Alaskans are about stopping at crosswalks. 

Several times I’d come up to a crosswalk, see a car coming, and step back to let the car go. Every time the car stops. I’m like “what are you doing? Oh…I see you’re stopping for me. That’s super nice of you.”

I have a feeling I won’t get the same treatment in New York.

We call that the Tourist / Cruise Effect...

People have NO Clue - they are walking in a street...

They string out 20 wide & 10 deep - just strolling along the extra large sidewalk...
And they decide to cross "Willy Nilly" any old way...

Crosswalk - "What's That?"

You'd think people had never seen one b/4

Yes - we're polite 🙂

Simple Self-Preservation against a vehicular manslaughter or wrongful death charge!

On the other hand...

Tourist/Cruise do bring in a surge to the Economy...

So there's that!

Overall - 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg...how are you feeling, are you back in your office this week?

I feel fine. An occasional cough. Today is my first day back at work. I'm supposed to wear a mask for five days. I guess it's just three with the weekend. I just wore it into the building and locked myself in my office. Only one person has been stupid enough to come in. He ran out after I coughed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

When I was originally booked on the 5/31 cruise and switched to 5/24 after the ship change…I guess carnival never refunded me for the glacier explorer tour on the original cruise because they sent me an e-gift card in that amount this morning.

50A1D5DC-63B8-4D4E-A930-C597974512E1.thumb.jpeg.b4907eb036920360b54cd22c4bc82f17.jpeg

• Like 9

Guest BasicSailor
15 hours ago, canes20 said:

giphy.gif

See if I drank coffee (Caffeine) all day it would have been me in that photo, probably with the same hair do. No, not the other things for sure. 🤐

17 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Saint Greg, I've scrolled back and skimmed looking for your reflective comments comparing and contrasting your Alaskan cruise to all your Caribbean cruises, and if I missed it mea culpa... What do you think? 

Don't sleep on some of the other sub forums here on CC. I pretty much discounted Alaska as a cruise destination (don't care for cold) but after reading several reviews (including Sir Greg's here) on the various subs and seeing all the great photos, I'm thinking I've been missing out. Some of the photos have been amazing and I dig scenic stuff and cool animals and such. I'm going to try and fit one in in next year or the year after. It actually seems like a pretty awesome itinerary to do at least once, even if I can't swim in a big ocean front pool or drink coconut water on the beach 😄.      

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Ice carvins 

LOL, the song everyone loves to hate but secretly turn up when they are by themselves. Alright stop, collaborate and listen, Ice is back with a brand new invention. Perfect song and that's the jam! I used to bump the hell out of that, I ain't ashamed 🤣

• Haha 3

On 6/8/2022 at 5:00 PM, Saint Greg said:

I did it. 9-5 and I only left the office once...for a bathroom break. If I didn't drink coffee I probably could've done the whole day.

Did it without stepping out of the office at all today. Even with my 24 oz coffee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Saint Greg.....a few pages back I listed a link to a review I am following on HAL.  Oops...I think that link was posted on The TRIBE page, sorry.

I mention this because I thought you might want to take a look at the first few pages as this couple did a land tour BEFORE their cruise.

It will give you a good idea of places to visit during an interior visit to Alaska, something right up your alley like you did in Seattle for your precruise days.

Alaska is HUGE and a cruise just covers the southeastern portion.....IMO Denali National Park is a MUST for anyone who enjoys the outdoors and wildlife.

Glad you are feeling better!

Edited by Hogladyrider
  • Like 3