Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

I’d be interested to know how Seattle tracks their light rail tickets. Monorail you have to scan it to get into the boarding area. And someone is standing there. Light rail. I always had a ticket where I was going but never had to scan it or show it to anyone. It sure seems like someone could ride without buying a ticket. I wonder if they have a way to tell if someone doesn’t. 

• Like 2

For the Light Rail, they have transit police that will randomly board the trains and ask for proof of payment (single ride/day pass/weekly or monthly pass).  If you don't have a valid ticket, they will have you get off at the next stop with them and you'll get a much more expensive ticket.

• Like 5

Guest BasicSailor
7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’d be interested to know how Seattle tracks their light rail tickets. Monorail you have to scan it to get into the boarding area. And someone is standing there. Light rail. I always had a ticket where I was going but never had to scan it or show it to anyone. It sure seems like someone could ride without buying a ticket. I wonder if they have a way to tell if someone doesn’t. 

6 hours ago, crosstown1 said:

For the Light Rail, they have transit police that will randomly board the trains and ask for proof of payment (single ride/day pass/weekly or monthly pass).  If you don't have a valid ticket, they will have you get off at the next stop with them and you'll get a much more expensive ticket.

I think he went for it 😲😉

7 hours ago, crosstown1 said:

I was thinking there has to be a really big fine or something.

16 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Come on and take a free ride...

I was afraid that’s what was being said. Which is kind of weird because I think it’s all in this thread already. 

From the airport on Sunday.
From pioneer square yesterday.

To and from the stadium yesterday.

04E5E7FC-20EE-4693-8422-7B76EAC83BE3.jpeg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Did you feel pretty safe walking around at night in the area of your hotel? I always did in years past, but I've heard things have changed since the last time I was there.

Yeah generally I’m not afraid of walking around. The homeless people I saw were behind the library, way down the river front by the ok hotel, and in that park by pioneer square. Also down by the stadium. I ran into a couple sketchy characters talking to themselves on that street that runs parallel to pike place market  just before you get to pike place market. One was in the morning. The other was at night. Just keep walking. They don’t bother anyone. Last night when I went to get that picture of the Pearl Jam rehearsal place in the alley. There was a guy digging in the trash back there. You kind of expect that in the alley at night. With the 25 miles I walked I had one guy ask me for a quarter. One guy ask me for 50 cents and the lady ask me

for breakfast.

• Like 5

Guest BasicSailor
37 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I was afraid that’s what was being said. Which is kind of weird because I think it’s all in this thread already. 

From the airport on Sunday.
From pioneer square yesterday.

To and from the stadium yesterday.

04E5E7FC-20EE-4693-8422-7B76EAC83BE3.jpeg

Not too bad of a price to ride all over the city/

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Pike place chowda is closing! Why do places close so darn early? It’s like 4 something. 

But they are taking to go orders so that’s what I’m doing 

D0EA90F6-C1AF-4FCD-A05F-76D2C2FF6FD1.jpeg

Love their Chowda!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If Seattle is following Portland's model, and they often parallel each other politically, then the enforcement by transit police has waned.

Portland discovered that it was not equitable to enforce the purchasing of fares due to those who were issued citations didn't represent the overall makeup of the population.

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

What's for breakfast @Saint Greg?

I ate the pirosky jalapeño cheddar sausage I bought yesterday. Like a big kolache. And I’ve been drinking the hotel. I was thinking my arrival time was 10 so I was ready to go at 9:30. Then I doubled checked and it’s 10:30 so I’m just waiting for 10 to check out and order and Uber/Lyft.

• Like 5