Our Marvelous Mardi Gras B2B (with pics!) - April 23rd, 2022

Jamman54

I am hoping you will know this answer. Does the Mardi Gras have anywhere to iron clothes? I know they got rid of the laundrettes but I am hoping they will still have a place to iron shirts for elegant night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmh661983 said:

I am hoping you will know this answer. Does the Mardi Gras have anywhere to iron clothes? I know they got rid of the laundrettes but I am hoping they will still have a place to iron shirts for elegant night. 

There are five ironing rooms on the Mardi Gras. Deck 4 across from 4320. Deck 5 across from 5390. Deck 9 across from 9394. Deck 14 across from 14396. Deck 15 across from 15393. 😎

• Like 7

On 5/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, sid_9169 said:

I'm going to make a note of this hotel... That Radisson Resort at the Port wasn't very nice at all... Looking forward to the rest...

@sid_9169We stayed there on the November Mardi Gras cruise you were on.  Hilton Honors lets you check in before arrival and go keyless.  Wilda and W stayed at the Home2Home place adjoining.  Same lobby, (H2H coffee is better, LOL).  

Sorry for interrupting and coming at the tail end of your review @Jamman54But hadn't sen it until reading Sir Mighty St Gregg's Alaskan epic.  Now singing back and forth between you and Wilda.  Just makes me hope January jumps the calendar sooner.  We did the Western in November and doing your Eastern next, so hoping for some good tips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day # 7  (April 29th)  -  Fun  Day  at  Sea  # 3. 

We woke up at 7am to a beautiful sunny day. Here are our views forward and aft, as the Mardi Gras makes her way back to Port Canaveral…….

IMG_2858-X2.jpg

IMG_2859-X2.jpg

The seas are flat calm…..

IMG_2860-X2.jpg

Here are today’s “Fun Times”……

IMG_2856-X3.jpg

IMG_2857-X3.jpg

Patti wasn’t hungry for breakfast, so I went up to the Marketplace and made myself a plate from the buffet. Afterwards, I met Patti at the Mardi Gras Theater for a Q & A Session with our Cruise Director Lee…..

IMG_2862-X2.jpg

Fun Squad member Olivia was acting as moderator…..

IMG_2863-XL.jpg

IMG_2864-X2.jpg

IMG_2867-X2.jpg

IMG_2874-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 4

After the Q & A Session was over, we went to Center Stage for the Morning Show (The Wave). There we met up with our Cruise Critic friends John & Gerry (Chipster2), They are also doing a B2B, and will be on board with us next cruise…..

IMG_2878-X2.jpg

Here is Steve & Janice (obx-_fintoo), who we shared drinks with a few times. It was a pleasure to meet you……

IMG_2877-X2.jpg

They had brought along their 50th Birthday Carnival Monopoly game, which they were going to donate to Groove for St. Jude to be auctioned off. Only a limited number had been produced, and they sold out very quickly, so they are pretty rare……

IMG_2876-X2.jpg

“The Wave” hosted by Lee Mason……

IMG_2879-XL.jpg

IMG_2880-XL.jpg

IMG_2882-XL.jpg

Lee invites Steve up to join him, interviews him, and thanks him for donating the game to be auctioned off to benefit St. Jude……

IMG_2883-XL.jpg

IMG_2884-XL.jpg

IMG_2885-X2.jpg

IMG_2887-XL.jpg

IMG_2888-XL.jpg

Great job Steve and Janice. I understand that the winning bid for the monopoly game was $650. Well done!!!

To be continued…..

• Like 13

After the show, Patti went to have some lunch, and I went up to the Red Frog Tiki bar for a few drinks. I then went to meet her at Center Stage for this afternoon’s bingo session. She had arrived here earlier to get her cards and a good seat. The Center Stage area was packed with bingo players…..

IMG_2898-X2.jpg

IMG_2899-X2.jpg

We didn’t have any winners. Here is our invitation to this afternoon’s VIFP Diamond and Platinum party. We decided not to go since all you are given here on the Mardi Gras is one glass of wine……

IMG_2900-X2.jpg

They do give every Diamond and Platinum member a $10.50 bar credit on your Sail & Sign card. We decided to head on over to the Alchemy Bar to use it there. We were able to get two seats together at the bar. Here are the Alchemy Bar menus…..

IMG_2937-X2.jpg

IMG_2938-X2.jpg

They have the medicines here for whatever ails you…..

IMG_2934-X2.jpg

IMG_2932-X2.jpg

IMG_2929-X2.jpg

Jason takes our order and he and Ramon get to mixing…..

IMG_2905-X2.jpg

IMG_2916-X2.jpg

IMG_2909-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 6

They are pouring liquid perfection…..

IMG_2919-L.jpg

IMG_2921-X2.jpg

IMG_2923-X2.jpg

Here are my Pain Relief, and Patti’s Chocolate Martini…..

IMG_2927-X2.jpg

We each had a couple more, and then went back to the cabin to relax before dinner.

We had a 7pm reservation for the Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse…….

IMG_0952-X2.jpg

IMG_2946-X2.jpg

This was our table for tonight…..

IMG_2950-X2.jpg

Here are Patti and I at the Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse…..

IMG_2965-X2.jpg

IMG_2966-X2.jpg

As always, the Chefs are hard at work……

IMG_2960-X2.jpg

IMG_2964-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 8

Here are our bread plates……

IMG_2951-X2.jpg

These were compliments of the Chefs…..

IMG_2952-X2.jpg

IMG_2953-X2.jpg

We both started with a shrimp cocktail and a Caesar salad…..

IMG_2955-X2.jpg

IMG_2954-X2.jpg

IMG_2959-X2.jpg 

Patti had the lobster with a baked potato, and I had the spice rubbed ribeye with the wasabi mashed potatoes…..

IMG_2967-X2.jpg

IMG_2968-X2.jpg

For dessert Patti had the fruit plate, and I had the cheesecake…..

IMG_2969-X2.jpg

IMG_2971-X2.jpg

Tonight’s meal was very good, and we are planning to be back here again next week. We took a slow walk around the ship, and then headed back to the cabin. People had already begun putting their luggage out in the hallway. This is usually a sad sight, but tonight, not for us since we aren’t going anywhere!

IMG_2972-X2.jpg

IMG_2973-X2.jpg

Back in the cabin we found tonight’s towel creature…..

IMG_2974-X2.jpg

Coming up next: It’s turnaround day. Let’s do it again!!!

• Like 10

On 5/28/2022 at 9:12 PM, Jamman54 said:

The Mardi Gras completely blocks any view of the Freedom…..

IMG_2605-X2.jpg

Patti has made it to Jack’s Shack…..

IMG_2608-X2.jpg

IMG_2609-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

That vantage point of the Mardi Gras in Grand Turk really shows just how massive she is! And so striking! Can't wait to go on it! 

And Jack's Shack is my happy place - can't wait to get back there some day! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MistyRo76 said:

That vantage point of the Mardi Gras in Grand Turk really shows just how massive she is! And so striking! Can't wait to go on it! 

And Jack's Shack is my happy place - can't wait to get back there some day! 

You can kill two birds with one stone! 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

Love reading your review! Can’t wait until June 25th for our 1st b2b and our 1st time on the MG!

You picked a great ship for your first B2B! 😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Tonight is the 2nd Cruise Elegant Night. We decide that we’re going to go to Cucina del Capitano for dinner. Around 7pm we made reservations on the Hub App and we had a less than a ten minute wait. We are at Cucina del Capitano…..

IMG_2854-X2.jpg

Jeff, the contrast is rather striking.😃 Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'm caught up. Great review as usual!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

Jeff, the contrast is rather striking.😃 Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'm caught up. Great review as usual!

Hey Kathy! Always glad to have you along with us. That car was like a toy to me. If I ever got in it I wouldn't be able to get out! 😁

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Tonight is the 2nd Cruise Elegant Night. We decide that we’re going to go to Cucina del Capitano for dinner. Around 7pm we made reservations on the Hub App and we had a less than a ten minute wait. We are at Cucina del Capitano…..

IMG_2854-X2.jpg

IMG_2853-X2.jpg

The menu…..

IMG_2851-X2.jpg

Our table…..

IMG_2832-X2.jpg

The Chefs are hard at work…..

IMG_2850-X2.jpg

Here are some Cucina del Capitano views…..

IMG_2833-X2.jpg

IMG_2847-X2.jpg

IMG_2848-X2.jpg

IMG_2849-X2.jpg

For starters, we both had the Arancini and the Caprese salad…….

IMG_2837-X2.jpg

IMG_2838-X2.jpg

For our mains, Patti had the spaghetti carbonara, and I had the chicken parmesan…..

IMG_2839-X2.jpg

IMG_2842-X2.jpg

We shared an order of crispy potatoes which we both didn’t care for…..

IMG_2840-X2.jpg

For our desserts, Patti had the maple ricotta fritters, and I had the apple crostata…..

IMG_2843-X2.jpg

IMG_2844-X2.jpg

The meal was okay, but didn’t live up to our past experiences at Cucina del Capitano on other ships. We’ll give it another shot next week.

After dinner we walked around the ship for a while, and stopped to watch a little bit of Voodoo Moon at Center Stage. It didn’t impress us much, but I think that we were comparing it to “Soulbound” that we saw on the Horizon and Panorama. Afterwards we decided to call it a night and made our way back to the cabin where we found tonight’s towel creature……

IMG_2855-X2.jpg

Coming up next: The final sea day of this cruise and Fahrenheit 555.

Unless you had bad weather, i really like the outdoor seating at Cucina on MG makes for a beautiful setting!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 19cruiser59 said:

Unless you had bad weather, i really like the outdoor seating at Cucina on MG makes for a beautiful setting!

It's a good option for those that like to eat outside. 😎

8 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

Love reading your review! Can’t wait until June 25th for our 1st b2b and our 1st time on the MG!

We are doing the June 25 and July 2 B2B too!

first time on MG, so looking forward to it!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, d-train said:

Omg! That’s so exciting! We can not wait. Now we just have to make it past the Covid testing hurdle, and then we can finally relax! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, d-train said:

3 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

Omg! That’s so exciting! We can not wait. Now we just have to make it past the Covid testing hurdle, and then we can finally relax! 

You guys are doing it right! It takes more than one week to enjoy all that the Mardi Gras offers. Heck, even after two weeks we didn't experience everything! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

Day # 8  (April 30th)  -  Turnaround Day (6am – 4pm).

We were up at 6am to beautiful day! We are already docked back at Terminal 3 in Port Canaveral. Stepping out onto the balcony, we see our old friend the Carnival Freedom pulling into port. We’ve seen a lot of her the past eight days……

IMG_2975-X2.jpg

IMG_2976-X2.jpg

IMG_2980-X2.jpg

IMG_2986-X2.jpg

IMG_2991-X2.jpg

IMG_2993-X2.jpg

A short time later the LNG transport appears. It’s here to refuel the Mardi Gras…..

IMG_2995-X2.jpg

IMG_2994-X2.jpg

IMG_2998-X2.jpg

IMG_2999-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 7