Unvaccinated Guests Question

cruzngrl

2 hours ago, fireresq15 said:

The only state to recognize a religious exemption is California..so only ports out of that state.

Interesting, didn't know that. I guess that makes sense considering we had a large church here in the Sacramento area that went viral for offering these to any/everyone. Made the news headlines for a week or so and was a top story with lots of interviews and fanfare, people came flying in from all over the country, it was very lucrative for him lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 3:47 PM, melodyesch said:

Yes, I had read that about the 5%, but the Carnival site doesn’t say anything about allowing exceptions for those who aren’t vaxed EXCEPT for those with documented medical reasons.  It was my understanding that the 5% fell into that category.

Curious if any adult on CC that’s reading has been able to get an exception for any reason OTHER than medical?

My friends were just approved for a religious exemption sailing out of Long Beach in October.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2022 at 6:15 PM, mz-s said:

They allow up to 5% unvaccinated per sailing. But as has been mentioned, those with medically documented reasons as to why they are unvaccinated are getting most if not all the exceptions.

CDC recently changed that to 10%, or from 95% vaccinated to 90% vaccinated for a cruise to be considered "Highly vaccinated."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2022/05/05/cdc-cruise-ships-highly-vaccinated/9644744002/

2 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

To be honest, I do not see the point of an unvaccinated adult trying to sail this year. The exemptions are reserved for children.  Good luck. 

Adults with medical exemptions have been able to cruise though maybe not on Carnival.

I'm not certain as to how cruise lines select the pax, whether children are selected first or not, but I know of a couple who've been on 3 cruises since the CDC's March 5th ruling this year, increasing the unvaccinated from 5 to 10% on cruise ships. They cruised another cruise line. 

• Like 1