I bailed...still too risky

samplecd02

I have been diagnosed with COVID and even with being double vaccinated and boosted it is like a horrible flu. I was booked for the British Isles in September and I have changed it to Roundtrip Seattle to Alaska. I cant imagine dealing with this illness AND having to figure out how the heck I was going to get home  if I was overseas. I respect all those who are still willing to take the risk but Im not. 

• Like 8

Just now, samplecd02 said:

I have been diagnosed with COVID and even with being double vaccinated and boosted it is like a horrible flu. I was booked for the British Isles in September and I have changed it to Roundtrip Seattle to Alaska. I cant imagine dealing with this illness AND having to figure out how the heck I was going to get home  if I was overseas. I respect all those who are still willing to take the risk but Im not. 

I completely understand. 
We have a RT Rome cruise booked and currently Italy’s requirements are if you test positive, you can only exit quarantine if negative or 21 days…whichever comes first. We can’t deal with being away from family and our jobs for a potential 3 weeks. We are looking at our options as well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

I completely understand. 
We have a RT Rome cruise booked and currently Italy’s requirements are if you test positive, you can only exit quarantine if negative or 21 days…whichever comes first. We can’t deal with being away from family and our jobs for a potential 3 weeks. We are looking at our options as well. 

We are trying to figure out what to do about our September Rome cruise also…our family has basically told us they are out…

friends of ours who we haven’t seen in over two years are full steam ahead…so I am very torn as to what to do..

my husband tested positive after our Edge cruise in March and somehow I stayed negative…just seeing that you could possibly be stuck there 21 days in isolation is very anxiety producing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beachin2 said:

We bailed on our USA to Europe TA this year as well - same concerns.  Cruising closer to home for now.

I wouldn’t cruise to Europe now , we have done 3 Caribbean cruises since Covid and have two more planned all three were great and glad we did them. 

33 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

I completely understand. 

This is the rule in Italy for persistently positive patients:

Persistently positive patients, refers to the people who continue to result positive to the molecular swab test for weeks. They can suspend their 21-day isolation from the onset of symptoms also without testing negative, as long as they are free from symptoms for at least one week.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

This is the rule in Italy for persistently positive patients:

Persistently positive patients, refers to the people who continue to result positive to the molecular swab test for weeks. They can suspend their 21-day isolation from the onset of symptoms also without testing negative, as long as they are free from symptoms for at least one week.

Where did you read this?  Would you happen to have a link?  

3 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

I too would like that link. 
I am symptom free as is a gentleman a few doors down 
We have no idea as to when we are going to be released.

6 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

The Italian Institute of Health (ISS): 

https://www.iss.it/web/iss-en/at-home-isolation-quarantine-and-close-contacts/-/asset_publisher/dIL47HGZFgWh/content/isolation-quarantine-and-close-contacts-what-they-are-and-what-you-should-do 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

I just found this myself!  Thank you for posting this.

So min 10 days...max 21?  Am I reading that right?

Edited by mickeysgal

52 minutes ago, bananavan said:

I too would like that link. 
I am symptom free as is a gentleman a few doors down 
We have no idea as to when we are going to be released.

Sounds like Celebrity is just muddling through this - almost making this up as they go.  It's been how many days now?  Hang in there!!  Sending my very best thoughts for you and your husband.  

3 hours ago, George C said:

I wouldn’t cruise to Europe now , we have done 3 Caribbean cruises since Covid and have two more planned all three were great and glad we did them. 

Went on Reflection 3/26 in Caribbean. Was great. Canceled Rome for 8/8, Covid is now getting worse again. In two months it will not be that good. No plans till February snd then in September 2023, another try for the Greek Islands. Could be another cancel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

Totally understand, we bailed out of anything involving flights months ago and opted for a cruise from Southampton rather than a USA cruise or Mediterranean cruise this year.

We are not without hope and have a Florida holiday and Caribbean cruise booked for March 2023. If the worry of what could go wrong on a holiday is occupying your mind more than what could go wrong it simply isn’t worth it.

• Like 1

Hope you feel better soon!  Hubby and I had Covid the middle of April.  I told him I could not imagine being on a cruise and feeling like this!  I'm 59 and EXTREMELY healthy with no health conditions.  It knocked me on my a** for over a week!  We leave Saturday on Equinox.  At least we both now have antibodies.  I would NOT being doing a cruise out of the USA until things change.  That's just me though.  

• Like 1

We changed our British Isles cruise to round-trip from Tampa for the same reason. The itinerary out of Amsterdam was amazing and I love visiting the Netherlands, but I don't want to be trapped there if I test positive after the cruise. 

Until the US eliminates the test requirement to fly back (for vaccinated and boosted folks), I'm not flying out of country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were to fly out to Italy on Saturday. We canceled the entire trip. We will see how things look spring 2023. We are sticking close to home and only cruising from our home port of Los Angeles which means we’re cruising on RCI a good bit. Celebrity later this year. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

Sounds like Celebrity is just muddling through this - almost making this up as they go.  It's been how many days now?  Hang in there!!  Sending my very best thoughts for you and your husband.  

Everyone is muddling through this.  The ArriveCAN app has had 5 updates since April 1st!  Every country sets their own rules.  If you cruise today you need to be very very flexible.

9 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Went on Reflection 3/26 in Caribbean. Was great. Canceled Rome for 8/8, Covid is now getting worse again. In two months it will not be that good. No plans till February snd then in September 2023, another try for the Greek Islands. Could be another cancel.

With respect, the numbers are actually trending down in Italy. 

BDCD7A85-989B-4B20-8C15-ADEBE005AC13.jpeg

B2CCE86F-49CD-45F6-A185-D279535FEADB.jpeg

Edited by georgiaguy

8 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

With respect, the numbers are actually trending down in Italy. 

BDCD7A85-989B-4B20-8C15-ADEBE005AC13.jpeg

B2CCE86F-49CD-45F6-A185-D279535FEADB.jpeg

Cases way up in US where many passengers come from and way up in South Africa where variants to Europe seem to move to in about a month or so time. Current graphs do not give me much confidence as a traveler on a long plane ride snd 10 days on a ship to pass the various tests 2 months out. 

Edited by Virginia100
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

Cases way up in US where many passengers come from and way up in South Africa where variants to Europe seem to move to in about a month or so time. Current graphs do not give me much confidence as a traveler on a long plane ride snd 10 days on a ship to pass the various tests 2 months out. 

Fair enough.I didnt mean that to come across as trying to convince you. Everyone has the right to determine their own level of risk. I just wanted to show that in Italy it is declining.  

• Like 1