LIVE...Oasis- May 22

7 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

still had many things out last night, and we were at port canaveral two days ago. they did restock the vanilla ice cream.. but as far as everything else, it doesn’t seem like they did. many bars still out of popular liquors, no olives/olive juice, etc 

we aren’t in a suite so i’m not sure about CK! yesterday the wait for the windjammer wasn’t that terrible. we’re trying the MDR this morning to see 

Is Johny Rockets serving breakfast. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

According to the CDC, it's at least .3%.

On board now….I haven’t heard of any cases, but saw a room service cart go by our table in dining room last night that had some “Covid box” dinners

To answer others questions, Johnny Rockets is NOT open for breakfast. The line is not that bad for breakfast if you get to the dining room or Windjammers before 8:30. After that expect 30-45 minute wait. I haven't seen accessible seating in the Windjammer for breakfast all week. Avoid Raja, the head waiter in the Windjammer if you need help in handicap seating. There are no signs showing accessible seating.

I am SO happy that I don't eat breakfast!  😉

They seem to have done some restocking in Nassau.  I expect more restocking in Bayonne tomorrow.  

It has been a great cruise.  Both comedians were very funny - and that doesn't always happen.

For the most part, my fellow cruisers have been very well-behaved.  😄 

Staff is very friendly and accommodating.  They work their TAILS off!  Some of them have (and NEED!) the patience of Job.  There is the occasional (ahem) cruiser who is a tad upset that a favorite liquor is not available, for example.  

• Like 3

On 5/28/2022 at 10:33 PM, mets123 said:

To answer others questions, Johnny Rockets is NOT open for breakfast. The line is not that bad for breakfast if you get to the dining room or Windjammers before 8:30..

Well J Rockets was open for Breakfast on Wonder and on Symphony so it must be a staff shortage thing on Oasis.

On 5/17/2022 at 12:45 PM, allisonb22 said:

Planning on trying to do a live review for our Oasis OTS sailing leaving Sunday 5/22. I will try my best to keep up! If anyone else is already planning on doing their own live review...LMK and I will just tag along. No need for two separate threads.

We are so excited for this cruise... we are both Emerald but have never gotten the chance to sail an Oasis class. Even better that we don't have to fly! Looking forward to lots of cocktails and sunshine!

Any Zumba class and line dancing. Dancing classes. Quest yet ?

Recently on Adventure and a little too much karaoke and not enough dancing for our needs. Gotta move to eat that  Much!

Looking forward to your reviews 

Just got off adventure and supposed to be 150 Covid-19’s cases onboard! Many wearing mask 😷 by cruise end. Folks at home giving information about cases onboard from internet information. Passengers posting their situation onboard. Thanks again for modern technology 

On 5/26/2022 at 10:02 AM, allisonb22 said:

yesterday was a great day in CocoCay, we loved the oasis pool and south beach. we went back and forth between the two and had an awesome time. we went to the Love and Marriage show after dinner which was very funny, we’re so happy they brought that back. always one of our favorites 

this morning we heard “alpha alpha alpha” followed by a few other announcements. then later heard a “kilo, kilo, kilo” shortly after we heard the 7 short horn blasts followed by one long, (freaked out for a minute) and then they came on and said its for a crew drill and guests don’t have to do anything. phew. 

heading to MDR this morning for breakfast… we got a late start and slept in today. we are in Nassau but staying on the ship to hopefully enjoy a less crowded pool deck (we’ll see)

We were on the cruise as well, we spent far more time in the room than we normally would have. My son thought the water slides were "too slow" and the deck was usually quite crowded. We would swim after dinner, when it was much quieter on deck.

I had gone to Park Cafe to grab my latte and a breakfast sandwich when this test happened, my son was asleep in the cabin. It's a good thing I got back quickly because he was dressed and heading to the muster station (he heard the horn but not the announcements). I felt bad for him but was also quite pleased he knew what to do and was ready to go! 

Overall, we enjoyed the cruise, it was nice to be on a ship again for sure (still feels like I am to be honest, always seem to keep rocking for a few days after we get off!). The dining was ok, some nights it was hard to decide on something I'd enjoy. I was lucky to get breakfast in windjammer a few times but could never find a seat so always brought the food back to my cabin. Kiddo didn't get up in time for breakfast once lol. We really enjoyed Coco Cay, he loved the water slides there and did the tallest one about 7 times! I did it once, all those stairs... that was enough for me!. Nassau was ok, we made the mistake of going to Blue Lagoon, and wanted to leave but they wouldn't let us go until "our time" which made us late for dinner. It was annoying. Next time we'll just go to Margaritaville and at our own pace.

The ship felt crowded at times, we've never done Oasis class before, I think I prefer the smaller classes of ship. It was convenient to drive and boarding/debarking was super easy. 

2 hours ago, MamatoJack said:

We were on the cruise as well, we spent far more time in the room than we normally would have. My son thought the water slides were "too slow" and the deck was usually quite crowded. We would swim after dinner, when it was much quieter on deck.

I had gone to Park Cafe to grab my latte and a breakfast sandwich when this test happened, my son was asleep in the cabin. It's a good thing I got back quickly because he was dressed and heading to the muster station (he heard the horn but not the announcements). I felt bad for him but was also quite pleased he knew what to do and was ready to go! 

Overall, we enjoyed the cruise, it was nice to be on a ship again for sure (still feels like I am to be honest, always seem to keep rocking for a few days after we get off!). The dining was ok, some nights it was hard to decide on something I'd enjoy. I was lucky to get breakfast in windjammer a few times but could never find a seat so always brought the food back to my cabin. Kiddo didn't get up in time for breakfast once lol. We really enjoyed Coco Cay, he loved the water slides there and did the tallest one about 7 times! I did it once, all those stairs... that was enough for me!. Nassau was ok, we made the mistake of going to Blue Lagoon, and wanted to leave but they wouldn't let us go until "our time" which made us late for dinner. It was annoying. Next time we'll just go to Margaritaville and at our own pace.

The ship felt crowded at times, we've never done Oasis class before, I think I prefer the smaller classes of ship. It was convenient to drive and boarding/debarking was super easy. 

Can you elaborate why you didnt like blue lagoon?

5 hours ago, MarlenaBR said:

Can you elaborate why you didnt like blue lagoon?

We didn't book the VIP package. The food was fine, we didn't buy any additional drinks so I can't comment on costs. We swam and did some snorkeling, the water was clear and nice but there wasn't a lot to see. There was not a lot of shade and we were tired from Coco Cay the day before. After a couple hours we were ready to go back to the ship, we had understood there would be a few tenders running but when we asked about going back we were told first we could leave at 3:30 and then that we couldn't until 4:45. We had originally booked for 9:30 and it was changed to 12:30, I am sure there were people happy to spend the full 4 hours there, but we were not the only ones from our ship trying to catch the earlier tender, they had to announce that our colour bands were not allowed to leave yet. I didn't like essentially being trapped on the island, as lovely as it was. We barely made it back in time to change out of wet clothes to get to dinner, we didn't have time to shower or clean up. Perhaps if we had been able to go at 9:30 as we'd initially planned it would have worked out better? By the time they changed the timing, most other options were booked and I didn't read about Margaritaville in time.