Check-In Much Easier

Denny01

Did the Check-in using the Celebrity App today for my 01 July Solstice Alaska cruise and all went well. I’d used the App back in Nov ‘21 for our Apex Thanksgiving cruise and it was a bit more tricky then. The only show-up times were 3pm until later in the month and then it opened up to earlier times. And it got hung up at times, but not this time. 

This check-in was very clean and straightforward. Typed in the personal info, then scanned my passport and it imported all of it - you use your camera and it has a box at the bottom to box-in the passport info at the bottom of the info page. I put in the vaccination and booster info and uploaded photos of the cards,  then took my photo. All worked just fine using my iPhone. It works fine on the iPad too.

You can use you computer and go to the Celebrity website, but no photo taking of course (well using most). I took a photo of my Vaccination Cards prior and had them in an ‘Album’ on my iPhone so I could upload those instead of taking the photo for check-in. 

I then downloaded the Xpress Pass and added it to that photo album named with ‘Solstice/Alaska’ to get to later. 

So all went well…much better than earlier. This was open 45 days prior to my cruise. My Oct 24 cruise says check -in opens 8 Sep, again about 45 days prior or so. 

Den

• Like 1

On my last sailing out of FLL if you uploaded your vax card you didn't have to show they physical card to the check in folks.  So now the only physical thing required is the passport (or equivalent), can show your Xpress pass and test results from your phone.

25 minutes ago, dgoz said:

I did my check in today, and when I checked my xpress pass, it said I had Classic drink package even though I had bought the Elevate package.

If you booked with a TA then you need to call them to get it corrected if you booked direct call Celebrity.  

If Classic is on your boarding pass then that is the info the ship will have better to get it corrected before boarding

32 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On my last sailing out of FLL if you uploaded your vax card you didn't have to show they physical card to the check in folks.  So now the only physical thing required is the passport (or equivalent), can show your Xpress pass and test results from your phone.

We have had to show the actual vax cards on every sailing 5 all out of FLL in tge past 6 months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have had to show the actual vax cards on every sailing 5 all out of FLL in tge past 6 months.

On 4/24 I did not have to show it on the Equinox, I did have to show it on my previous sailings

1 hour ago, dgoz said:

I did my check in today, and when I checked my xpress pass, it said I had Classic drink package even though I had bought the Elevate package.

It is a bit confusing, but that actually isnt your drink package. It is your captains club level. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

How did you even get TO check-in without showing your card?

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

To get inside you showed you Xpress pass and negative test result.  Check in person wanted to see those again plus your passport.

Interesting.  We had to show the vax card as part of the process of getting past port personnel just to enter the building.