Need Help From Someone Onboard Alaska Inside Passage

bobitegirl

I am trying to find out if the Scenic Yukon By Road and Rail excursion in Skagaway is actually happening.  I know that it was cancelled on the first cruise. Friends in AK advise me that that trip (by all operators) has been suspended until 2023. I've called Viking and used their chat line and they tell me it is still going, but can not confirm that the trip actually happened last week. I am on the Jun 2 cruise and would sure like to find out so that I can book something else. I've called a couple of other tour operators who confirm that that trip has been suspended until 2023. Can anyone help?

2 hours ago, bobitegirl said:

I am trying to find out if the Scenic Yukon By Road and Rail excursion in Skagaway is actually happening.  I know that it was cancelled on the first cruise. Friends in AK advise me that that trip (by all operators) has been suspended until 2023. I've called Viking and used their chat line and they tell me it is still going, but can not confirm that the trip actually happened last week. I am on the Jun 2 cruise and would sure like to find out so that I can book something else. I've called a couple of other tour operators who confirm that that trip has been suspended until 2023. Can anyone help?

You can get this excursion through "Chilkoot Charters"

google them

2 hours ago, travelbug11 said:

You can get this excursion through "Chilkoot Charters"

google them

Yes, That's where I first saw that this particular itinerary is suspended for the season. But Viking  keeps saying  it will go. None of other tour operators are doing it.

2 hours ago, bobitegirl said:

Yes, That's where I first saw that this particular itinerary is suspended for the season. But Viking  keeps saying  it will go. None of other tour operators are doing it.

I just spoke with Chilkoot yesterday. They are going. Call or email them

9 hours ago, bobitegirl said:

Did you call the railroad company directly?

DON

My understanding is that the railroad offers two itineraries. One goes further into Canada. That is the one that is cancelled. I understand it was a result of COVID entry requirements. Viking uses the shorter itinerary and that one is still running.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dwlmg said:

My understanding is that the railroad offers two itineraries. One goes further into Canada. That is the one that is cancelled. I understand it was a result of COVID entry requirements. Viking uses the shorter itinerary and that one is still running.

My Viking excursion was for the longer trip, 7 hours. I just cancelled it and booked one of shorter ones. Saved some money. Thanks, all for your responses.