Arcadia - Any ideas what she's up to?

Son of Anarchy

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think so too, especially as they have some nice long itineraries that were very popular in the days of CMV. We have already booked a last minute cruise to Greenland in June and have seen a couple we fancy for the future.

Just had an e mail regarding there world cruise, 120 nights and guess what,    not one overnight stop, please tell me why you would to go to places like Sydney and have just one day , same with Singapore and a host of others ,and although its two weeks longer than Arcadia the price is more than  What Arcadia was at launch. you may be able to tell everybody you've been to these places but its a real whistlestop cruise   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope they use more ports too, as Tilbury is difficult for us.

Avril

Newcastle, Liverpool, Bristol, Dundee, Belfast, Bristol and Falmouth as well as Tilbury after watching their presentation earlier.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Their T&Cs say that a FCC is not  ATOL/ABTA protected until it's a firm booking. So from that I assume that all bookings, however made, are protected.

Not so.

ATOL requires a flight to be part of the package. ATOL then protects that booking by levying a fee which P&O pickup. Something like £2. Until you have a form booking, you don’t have a flight reservation thus no ATOL protection.

The ABTA scheme is a bonding of the agent client account. If booking direct P&O act as supplier and Travel Agent. The bonding protects against failure whatever stage of the process holds the money.

Both schemes were relaxed slightly to cover FCCs during the pandemic.

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Not so.

ATOL requires a flight to be part of the package. ATOL then protects that booking by levying a fee which P&O pickup. Something like £2. Until you have a form booking, you don’t have a flight reservation thus no ATOL protection.

The ABTA scheme is a bonding of the agent client account. If booking direct P&O act as supplier and Travel Agent. The bonding protects against failure whatever stage of the process holds the money.

Both schemes were relaxed slightly to cover FCCs during the pandemic.

Moley, that seems to be nitpicking, most holidaymakers are not too concerned about who is offering the protection, just as long as someone is,  and I assume from the T&Cs that once an FCC is used to make a booking then their money is protected?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope they use more ports too, as Tilbury is difficult for us.

Avril

They have some sailings out of Newcastle, Liverpool and Dundee next summer.(Edit - just seen the other posts mentioning this...)

Edited by Britboys
  • Thanks 2

On board at the moment, currently big pushes for Arcadia 23 and 24 world cruises from the future sales team, so would seem odd if she was sold. 

To put this into perspective, when Azura went to Newcastle she wasn't sold, when QV went to Newcastle she wasn't sold, this could just be a short maintenance trip to sort out some problems.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Ambassador will do well with the adults only brigade if  both go.

That’s where I am heading  - heard some very good reports about ambassador.

Booked (rebooked actually - 3rd attempt) on Arcadia for this Christmas - but I honestly don’t care if it’s cancelled now.
Been messed around too much and never get any reply from customer services.

(2 cruises cancelled at short notice)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

On board at the moment, currently big pushes for Arcadia 23 and 24 world cruises from the future sales team, so would seem odd if she was sold. 

Unlikely to tell a sales team not to push certain cruises though. That's how rumours start!

38 minutes ago, Pippa04 said:

Unlikely to tell a sales team not to push certain cruises though. That's how rumours start!

I was just thinking that.  It's always the same.  We booked on board for both Oriana and Adonia cruises and then the ship was sold.  I doubt the staff would know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

To put this into perspective, when Azura went to Newcastle she wasn't sold, when QV went to Newcastle she wasn't sold, this could just be a short maintenance trip to sort out some problems.

Perhaps they wanted some new pictures posted showing her nice paintwork.....I know, send her up to Newcastle..we can rely on Graham .🤣

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Fionboard said:

What's wrong with Essex? Some lovely places, apart from Southend!!

Even Southend has some nice parts. I have friends who live in Liegh-on-Sea which is a nice little place. Pleasant High Street with a village feel to it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Just had an e mail regarding there world cruise, 120 nights and guess what,    not one overnight stop, please tell me why you would to go to places like Sydney and have just one day , same with Singapore and a host of others ,and although its two weeks longer than Arcadia the price is more than  What Arcadia was at launch. you may be able to tell everybody you've been to these places but its a real whistlestop cruise   

I guess one benefit of Tilbury is making a long weekend of it. There must be a PI close by. Spend a couple of nights, visits to Canvey, a walk along Southend pier, plate of whelks. Great start to your cruise.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I guess one benefit of Tilbury is making a long weekend of it. There must be a PI close by. Spend a couple of nights, visits to Canvey, a walk along Southend pier, plate of whelks. Great start to your cruise.

Whelks...🤢🤮😀

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

On the ' available every day ' options on the RC menu is escargot. Yum, yum, 🤮

What a strange thing to have as always available...🤔. Small and easy to store I suppose.

33 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I had a look at hotels near tilbury and couldn’t see anything suitable and not really depressing looking  - think I read here somewhere that someone stayed at at hotel on or near lakeside shopping centre prior to a tilbury cruise.

Sounds Grim.

When we went from tilbury on Fred I think it was - we drove up early on the day as not far from us (SE London) - bit of a wasteland around the port but the terminal was really good.

5 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

I had a look at hotels near tilbury and couldn’t see anything suitable and not really depressing looking  - think I read here somewhere that someone stayed at at hotel on or near lakeside shopping centre prior to a tilbury cruise.

Sounds Grim.

When we went from tilbury on Fred I think it was - we drove up early on the day as not far from us (SE London) - bit of a wasteland around the port but the terminal was really good.

On a good day, about an hour and a half for us. Not too much more than Southampton. We have booked another cruise for August. This time from Portsmouth on wight link.🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Sounds Grim.

Stifford Hall Hotel seems quite popular and is pretty close to the port. There are also three Premier Inns in Southend. Two on the seafront and one at the airport.

• Thanks 1