Anyone on the Royal now?

Yehootu

We sail on the 28th and wondering if Sabatini's is now open. Are all 3 dining rooms open, or are they forcing all into 2 dining rooms. What's open and what's closed? There was a good live on the 1st return sailing on the 12th. Just wondering if  Princess is going forward or continuing to blame crew shortage( might be somewhat true). 

There is a crew shortage everywhere. It also depends on capacity. I was on the May 2nd cruise and we only had 1650 passengers which is under 50%.Staffing was at about  70%. Service for us was great.  We never waited for a table and did not feel forced into 2 dining rooms. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Coolmama_1 said:

There is a crew shortage everywhere. It also depends on capacity. I was on the May 2nd cruise and we only had 1650 passengers which is under 50%.Staffing was at about  70%. Service for us was great.  We never waited for a table and did not feel forced into 2 dining rooms. 

We were a bit annoyed that DMW allowed us to book Symphony Dining Room for 5:40 each evening and then ended up not being open at all. However, it really wasn't a problem. We had 5:40 dining for 4 at the same table each night (except for the first night) in the Allegro Dining Room. Sabatini's was closed the entire cruise. The staff were fantastic.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sudoku said:

We are currently on the Royal and Sabatinis is open for breakfast only. No dinner.

Mahalo and you can still book dinners there. And I thought my previous employer had a screwed up IT department.

11 hours ago, Sudoku said:

We are currently on the Royal and Sabatinis is open for breakfast only. No dinner.

Full suite guests eat in club class for dinner and sea day lunch 

5 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Mahalo and you can still book dinners there. And I thought my previous employer had a screwed up IT department.

We just got off the Royal last weekend after the first cruise and actually talked to a fellow passenger who had pre-booked a reservations at Sabatinis and actually showed up at the scheduled day/time just to discover upon arriving that it was closed. He was not pleased!

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

We just got off the Royal last weekend after the first cruise and actually talked to a fellow passenger who had pre-booked a reservations at Sabatinis and actually showed up at the scheduled day/time just to discover upon arriving that it was closed. He was not pleased!

Still selling Sabatini's for our sailing on the 28th. I'd like to think Princess is "hoping" to get it open but rather think they'd rather just hold your money.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:01 PM, Thrak said:

The staff were fantastic.

Wondering if passengers were able to get off ship right after docking in port. We have a non-ship shore excursion one half hour after scheduled docking in Skagway and will be met at the dock. Has worked out in the past for us, but now may not be staffed enough to make things run smoothly. Thanks.