Food Republic with Specialty Dining Credit

I need somebody to refresh/confirm my memory.  If we eat at Food Republic and use a specialty dining credit, does each person get up to four items?

Also, if there are three of us each with a specialty dining credit, can all three split eight items at one meal (i.e. use the credits for two of the people) and then one of us go back another time and use the remaining credit (belonging to that person) for another meal with four items?

I know this has been discussed infrequently, but I just don't really remember the details.  Thanks.

From Specialty Dining Package: Terms & FAQ (ncl.com) 

CAN I BUY DINNER FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITH MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE?

Specialty Dining Packages are sold individually and cannot be transferred. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will not be able to use your own SDP.

ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGES?

All Specialty Restaurant menu items are included except Seafood Platter in Raw Bar. Premium menu item upcharges may apply. Additional entrée charges may apply.

For Food Republic, Pincho, Sushi and Wasabi, an SDP meal includes 4 menu items.

4 minutes ago, GALSews said:

For Food Republic, Pincho, Sushi and Wasabi, an SDP meal includes 4 menu items.

Thanks for this.  That is what I remembered reading.  Beyond that, I'm pretty sure we've seen several reports of folks splitting the four items from one credit at Food Republic.   I guess one person could just order one of the $7 ala carte items as a loophole if somebody was resisting.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I need somebody to refresh/confirm my memory.  If we eat at Food Republic and use a specialty dining credit, does each person get up to four items?

Also, if there are three of us each with a specialty dining credit, can all three split eight items at one meal (i.e. use the credits for two of the people) and then one of us go back another time and use the remaining credit (belonging to that person) for another meal with four items?

I know this has been discussed infrequently, but I just don't really remember the details.  Thanks.

On our cruise last month, we got 5 items for a dining credit on the Encore (which is inconsistent with the terms and conditions). But we got this twice during our last cruise. 

Yes, we normally use one dining credit and get 4 items to split between the two of us (which is enough food for lunch). We use the other person's dining credit for the second sea day.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

We're off the Joy and ate in Food Republic one evening, basically 1 of the 5 tables for the entire evening, place was empty & hostesses happy to see us show up for our 6:15 reservation for 6, using our 2 sets of vouchers (Sapphire/Platinum) - thus 4 meals x 4 items each on the menu, zero restrictions or cap, no surcharges - don't recall anything over $20.  Thus, our server set up 2 touchpads for us to order 8 items on each for a total of 16 items.  It didn't matter there're 6 of us and there is zero, no cover charge or minimum for each & every person to order at least 1 item, friendly hostess came over to reinforce the steps & guidelines, said don't worry & we'll be fine - portion sizes were generous, we're told.  We got the orders selected & submitted it, server checked it quickly for us and said don't worry, if anyone still hungry, then order more/extras - "you're good for now"  We order a beer and sodas a la carte & put them on my account with the most NR OBC to charge off/against, signed the "tab" digitally & done, everything else covered.

OMG, 16 items began arriving and flowing, nearly ran out of room on where to put them on the long table - among them, 3 bowls of Pho (beef) soup - plus 3 bowls to split/share.  Way too much food for the evening - ended up taking the unfinished sushi rolls & a BBQ beef on stick into 2 covered plates to bring back to our suites for a late night snack.   See photo below - 1 more item hasn't arrived yet. 

It was a good thing that we didn't use a voucher or dining credit each for every person seated at that table for the evening.  This turned out to be a hidden gem and pleasant surprise, will be going back there next time.  Originally, we're going to do Q Texas steakhouse but after a huge feast in Cagney's - we had enough beef for the week.  

20220512_192530.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

On our cruise last month, we got 5 items for a dining credit on the Encore (which is inconsistent with the terms and conditions). But we got this twice during our last cruise. 

Yes, we normally use one dining credit and get 4 items to split between the two of us (which is enough food for lunch). We use the other person's dining credit for the second sea day.

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

We're off the Joy and ate in Food Republic one evening, basically 1 of the 5 tables for the entire evening, place was empty & hostesses happy to see us show up for our 6:15 reservation for 6, using our 2 sets of vouchers (Sapphire/Platinum) - thus 4 meals x 4 items each on the menu, zero restrictions or cap, no surcharges - don't recall anything over $20.  Thus, our server set up 2 touchpads for us to order 8 items on each for a total of 16 items.  It didn't matter there're 6 of us and there is zero, no cover charge or minimum for each & every person to order at least 1 item, friendly hostess came over to reinforce the steps & guidelines, said don't worry & we'll be fine - portion sizes were generous, we're told.  We got the orders selected & submitted it, server checked it quickly for us and said don't worry, if anyone still hungry, then order more/extras - "you're good for now"  We order a beer and sodas a la carte & put them on my account with the most NR OBC to charge off/against, signed the "tab" digitally & done, everything else covered.

OMG, 16 items began arriving and flowing, nearly ran out of room on where to put them on the long table - among them, 3 bowls of Pho (beef) soup - plus 3 bowls to split/share.  Way too much food for the evening - ended up taking the unfinished sushi rolls & a BBQ beef on stick into 2 covered plates to bring back to our suites for a late night snack.   See photo below - 1 more item hasn't arrived yet. 

It was a good thing that we didn't use a voucher or dining credit each for every person seated at that table for the evening.  This turned out to be a hidden gem and pleasant surprise, will be going back there next time.  Originally, we're going to do Q Texas steakhouse but after a huge feast in Cagney's - we had enough beef for the week.  

20220512_192530.jpg

Thank you both.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mking8288 said:

20220512_192530.jpg

So if I understand you correctly, any four items from the menu is included when dining package? https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Food_Republic_Mobile-Menu_ver1-24-22.pdf 

Will be on the Escape in August, and because of your photo will definitely try the Food Republic for the first time, as it all looks yummie!!! Already looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

So ... any four items from the menu is included when dining package? https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Food_Republic_Mobile-Menu_ver1-24-22.pdf 

Escape ... will definitely try the Food Republic for the first time, as it all looks yummie!!! ...

Affirmatively, others also confirmed it recently. Enjoy, it's a lot of food shared by 6 of us using just 4 coupons or SD allowance. Perhaps, it's the skills of the sushi & short order chefs on the Joy, they are comparable to NYC dining in an Fusion restaurant, in our subjective opinions, of course, YMMV.  We were on the Escape a few times but never got a chance & time to try it, great crew & officers.

Zoom in close-up to see what we ordered & it's a la carte prices. Servings and portion sizes, especially those sushi rolls are just amazing 😍  Hostess asked and we offered constructive feedback also, Vietnamese Beef Pho is good, needs to serve it in a bigger bowl - more impressive - to pour in more of the rich soup stock made from bones (classic method) - too salty, cut back on using sodium & fish sauce.  Joked with them that we'll be back to do a QA inspection on them independently, with LOL. 

More closeup pictures to lure ... We can't wait to return & do it over again, not soon enough 😸  Look at the size of the marinated beef & chicken skewers, or that thinly sliced lamp, I'm hungry myself. 

PXL_20220512_220446878.jpg

PXL_20220512_222418829.jpg

PXL_20220512_222426776.jpg

PXL_20220512_222626370.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1