Is Walgreens discontinuing rapid NAAT test?

15 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

Where do you live? Everyone else’s changed yesterday. 

I live in SW OH.  But, as of this a.m. (Saturday), Walgreens was scheduling COVID tests (both NAAT Rapid tests and PCR) several days out in the Northern KY and eastern IN areas, too.

LIke others, I could get a test today if I wanted to.

No charge!

Edited by graphicguy

On 5/19/2022 at 8:55 PM, BaybeeLetsCruise said:

I just checked the site and they don't have any appointments available after May 22. I'm in TX. Does anyone know anything? Or, do you know somewhere else to take the test for free? TIA

I live in Northern Virginia and they are still offering testing here.  Lots of open appointment times as well. 

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I live in SW OH.  But, as of this a.m. (Saturday), Walgreens was scheduling COVID tests (both NAAT Rapid tests and PCR) several days out in the Northern KY and eastern IN areas, too.

LIke others, I could get a test today if I wanted to.

No charge!

Interesting. I’m in Northern Kentucky. Three days out. 

I don’t think I’m ordering the proctored tests. I’m confident they’ll have plenty of tests for us when we sign up on Wednesday. 

Just now, LadyBeBop said:

I don’t think I’m ordering the proctored tests. I’m confident they’ll have plenty of tests for us when we sign up on Wednesday. 

I have backup tests (free from the government) and appointments elsewhere just in case but I fully expect to be using Walgreens as well.

• Like 1

Here in MI same thing. Only a few days out. I'm tempted to order the emed tests just to be safe. It's a little worrisome. I understand they are just changing it to a shorter window but....if traveling wasn't already stressful.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I have backup tests (free from the government) and appointments elsewhere just in case but I fully expect to be using Walgreens as well.

You can't use the free government tests for travel because they are not proctored.

16 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

You can't use the free government tests for travel because they are not proctored.

Yes you can IF you find and pay for a video proctoring session. There are many services that provide proctoring with any FDA approved tests. If you are interested, I can give you some names and links. You can find them on-line with a quick search.

22 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

4 minutes ago, Gray Lady said:

Yes you can IF you find and pay for a video proctoring session. There are many services that provide proctoring with any FDA approved tests. If you are interested, I can give you some names and links. You can find them on-line with a quick search.

This.

4 minutes ago, Minimama said:

Is that the Rapid NAAT?? Will RC accept the Rapid NAAT? Is it still free at Walgreens?

Yes and yes. Just go to Walgreens.com.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 minute ago, Minimama said:

Thanks so much!!! Appreciate your efficiency!!!! 🙂

No problem. Incessantly refreshing this forum is how I'm dealing with my excitement and anxiety for my 5/29 cruise. 🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Both our CVS and Walgreens cost are directly related to how we answer the questions to schedule our test.  If you answer no to “Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?”  They charge…If we answer yes, no charge 

Great info thank you 

First-hand info here from central Texas (Austin area).  In January, DH and I cruised from Galveston and did our test at Walgreen's. Super easy. At the time, the appointment scheduling was open for the next 7 days.

As of today, Walgreen's scheduling is only open 3 days out, as others have reported.  I don't want to leave it that late, so I checked CVS.  I was able to reserve testing appointments for Fri. June 3, which is the day we need, and today is May 21.  So CVS is going out two weeks.

The interesting thing is, the CVS store location in our zip code that's doing the testing is actually a store that has been closed for several months.  We drove by it this morning and saw a few cars in the parking lot and signs on the front door that it is a testing center, by appointment only, so I made our appointments after we got home.  The email confirmation actually states that the store itself is closed, but "walk on in" with your appointment confirmation. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:37 AM, LadyBeBop said:

I’m in Northern Cincinnati.  I had a plan A for testing close to home.  I had a Plan B (in KY) in case something went haywire with Plan A as I was flying out the day before.

Bottom line, it’s easier to get a COVID test now than it was during the start up last summer.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I’m in Northern Cincinnati.  I had a plan A for testing close to home.  I had a Plan B (in KY) in case something went haywire with Plan A as I was flying out the day before.

Bottom line, it’s easier to get a COVID test now than it was during the start up last summer.

Thing is every cruise I took this last year until this one I only needed to test at port. Even the "pre cruise" testing in December was done at the port just the day before.

Update on Walgreen's testing appointments ... just checked today and our area Walgreen's (central Texas) are back to scheduling testing one week out instead of only three days.  I guess that was a temporary issue.  I've already got appointments set up with CVS so I'll probably stick with those. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Update on Walgreen's testing appointments ... just checked today and our area Walgreen's (central Texas) are back to scheduling testing one week out instead of only three days.  I guess that was a temporary issue.  I've already got appointments set up with CVS so I'll probably stick with those. 

That figures, same thing here in central Florida. I got caught in the 3-day window and had to schedule ours yesterday for this Friday. We have CVS appointments as backups but Walgreens is much more convenient for us.