There is now a booster for 5-12...

Eli_6

My husband just got an alert to his phone that Pfizer has released a booster for 5-12 and to schedule ours with Texas Children's.  I wonder if CCL will amend the Europe sailings again to require this age group to get the booster...  If so, they need to let us know because I won't have much time to get my two kids boosted.  We are leaving for Europe well before our cruise in July because we are going up to Scotland before cruising out of Dover. 

I assume your on the Pride. If I had to bet the rent money, I would guess that 5-11 would need a booster now that CDC recommends it. 

Carnival is reeling from the large number of cases on the Spirit Panama Canal sailing that arrived in a Seattle with 200+ cases. Although not legally obligated, they paid for all of the quarantine hotels to avoid bad publicity. They are trying to avoid that on the European sailings. 

The only mitigating factor might be the timing of the CDC announcement so soon after the booster expansion by Carnival. 

Richard

• Like 1

Good news is there is no waiting period after you recieve the booster shot to be considered up to date unlike the 14 days wait from your last intial dose to be considered fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

My husband just got an alert to his phone that Pfizer has released a booster for 5-12 and to schedule ours with Texas Children's.  I wonder if CCL will amend the Europe sailings again to require this age group to get the booster...  If so, they need to let us know because I won't have much time to get my two kids boosted.  We are leaving for Europe well before our cruise in July because we are going up to Scotland before cruising out of Dover. 

Doubt it...they actually relaxed the rules for kids to be in the kids club this week on Royal and Carnival. I think the booster mania is dissipating. I am more concerned about the Pfizer alert which came out this week. 

8 hours ago, rps2004 said:

I assume your on the Pride. If I had to bet the rent money, I would guess that 5-11 would need a booster now that CDC recommends it. 

Carnival is reeling from the large number of cases on the Spirit Panama Canal sailing that arrived in a Seattle with 200+ cases. Although not legally obligated, they paid for all of the quarantine hotels to avoid bad publicity. They are trying to avoid that on the European sailings. 

The only mitigating factor might be the timing of the CDC announcement so soon after the booster expansion by Carnival. 

Richard

Yes, I am on one of the Pride UK sailings.  We are about to leave on an Alaskan cruise, but when we get back from that, I am going to go ahead and get my kids boosted.  I am not risking finding out at the last minute that they need one and not having sufficient time to get them in for an appointment before we leave for Europe.  

18 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Carnival has no control over what the EU may or may not require, but testing isn't going away and what if you become positive before the cruise. Best to take all precautions including vaccinations, masks, etc., unless you want your vacation to be spent looking out of a window in quarantine.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival has no control over what the EU may or may not require, but testing isn't going away and what if you become positive before the cruise. Best to take all precautions including vaccinations, masks, etc., unless you want your vacation to be spent looking out of a window in quarantine.

Why are you lecturing me? My husband is a physician. We both realize the importance of vaccinations.  Both he and I are fully vaccinated and boosted. My kids are vaccinated. The booster for ages 5 to 11 was literally just FDA approved YESTERDAY and we found out about it yesterday evening.  Considering it is Saturday and the first appointments aren't until Monday, I couldn't get them boosted yet anyway. 

Second, your post doesn't even make sense. We are not cruising in the EU therefore EU requirements are not in anyway relevant to this discussion. We are cruising to the UK. The UK is not part of the EU. Also, it is not a UK requirement because the booster for under 15 is NOT even approved or available yet in the UK!

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Yes, I am on one of the Pride UK sailings.  We are about to leave on an Alaskan cruise, but when we get back from that, I am going to go ahead and get my kids boosted.  I am not risking finding out at the last minute that they need one and not having sufficient time to get them in for an appointment before we leave for Europe.  

Safe travels. 

Richard

19 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Why are you lecturing me? My husband is a physician. We both realize the importance of vaccinations.  Both he and I are fully vaccinated and boosted. My kids are vaccinated. The booster for ages 5 to 11 was literally just FDA approved YESTERDAY and we found out about it yesterday evening.  Considering it is Saturday and the first appointments aren't until Monday, I couldn't get them boosted yet anyway. 

Second, your post doesn't even make sense. We are not cruising in the EU therefore EU requirements are not in anyway relevant to this discussion. We are cruising to the UK. The UK is not part of the EU. Also, it is not a UK requirement because the booster for under 15 is NOT even approved or available yet in the UK!

The question in your original post specifically asks about " I wonder if CCL will amend the Europe sailings again to require this age group to get the booster... ". But since you asked - if your cruise stops in Ireland - like Dublin - you will have a port stop in the EU.

Edited by BlerkOne