Mariner's Club?

I Luv Crusin

Can you seasoned HAL sailors tell me the levels and benefits of being a repeat customer on HAL? My DH and I are going on our first cruise in April and I noticed on the many flyers that they've been mailing me that they have assigned me a number already. (The lastest for New England and Canada!) They keep track of the days you sail instead of the number of cruises??

Thanks!

It is true HAL has pins and such, however I do not believe their prices are any different than it is for any other passenger jmho....I always get much better rates booking online than through HAL.

I think HAL should revamp their member rewards by doing some special things like other lines do like offer a coupon book offering discounts in spa's excursions and so on. Now in closing HAL is a top notch company that I have sailed many many times, I would just like to see us true HAL fans receive something more than a cocktail party and a pin:rolleyes:

Are you certain that you have a Mariner's number already??

A lot of times they put code numbers on their flyers that they mail out.

I'll have to look again but I thought it said "Mariners # 00000000" or something like that. I tossed the flyer because I don't want to be tempted!

I would just like to see us true HAL fans receive something more than a cocktail party and a pin:rolleyes:

Don't forget the good mixed nuts! At the Mariners' party we get the good stuff---not just what's served every night in the lounges.

This will be my first time on Holland America, but I've sailed on ships that are part of the WLCL family (Carnival Corp) nine times. My TA got me the Mariner's pricing, but does anyone know if I'll be invited to Mariner's Club events on my first cruise due to my reciprocal status?

Thanks,

Julia

This will be my first time on Holland America, but I've sailed on ships that are part of the WLCL family (Carnival Corp) nine times. My TA got me the Mariner's pricing, but does anyone know if I'll be invited to Mariner's Club events on my first cruise due to my reciprocal status?

Thanks,

Julia

Chances are you won't.......but even for long time Mariners, events are few and far between.

'Long time Mariners' get to be 'Long time Mariners' because we love HAL!

:D

It is true HAL has pins and such, however I do not believe their prices are any different than it is for any other passenger jmho....I always get much better rates booking online than through HAL.

Believe it or not, on my latest booking, I found just the opposite was true. In fact, I went to 6 area TA offices including the U.S. Navy TA and the most I could save was $ 22.00 over the price I got using my Mariner's number on HAL's website (The price was much higher without the Mariner's number). So, in this particular booking, I cut out the middle man and went strait to HAL. With that said, always do your homework and shop around before you buy. Just because I got a fair price from HAL this time, doesn't mean I will the next time.

• 1 month later...

ILuvCrusin:

Your mailbox will never be the same! You will get offers on an almost weekly basis. Some are good, some not. Our TA got us a better price on a Verandah guarantee than HAL offered for ALaska in July this year. But two years ago, HAL offered the Mariners B2B Alaska (Vancouver-Seward-Vancouver) for $299 pp each way, plus $150 pp air (including transfers.) Couldn't pass that one up! It was a wonderful two weeks. and I wished it could have been like the movie "Groundhog Day"...just repeating over and over. I agree that they could do a little more for their "repeaters", but the last I heard, pins and a party were it. Since over 60% of HAL cruisers are Mariners, the show lounge gets more and more crowded with each cruise. Two years ago they did a nice thing for my daughter, though. At the end of the cruise it would have been her 49th day of cruising, but they gave her the red pin anyway.

We received our documents today for our cruise in June. It has our Mariner pins. This is our first cruise with HA but we have cruised previously with Carnival. I thought we would not get these until after first cruise with HA? It shows a Alumni ID # on documents so I assume we are Mariners?

The big Mariner buttons you got in the docs certainly proves you are officially a Mariner. There is reciprocity now with all Carnival Corp lines. But you will only receive HAL Awards (doled out according to the number of days you have cruised) for actual HAL sailings. Bon Voyage!

We pay little to no attention to the Mariner's Club "benefits". Our savings by booking through our TA or an on-line provider are substantially lower than anything I've ever been offered by HAL, Mariner status or no Mariner status. Don't get me wrong, being a Mariner is neat stuff and we do collect the tiles and my wife was very excited about getting her first pin on our last cruise. We typically don't go to the Mariner reception as there are so many Mariners on our cruises that you can hardly get in the room. Yep, being a Mariner is nice but let's face it, Mariner status really doesn't add up to much.

The mariner buttons that arrived with your documents are not the award pins. The first pin comes after 25 days onboard, the second after 50. The third award is a 100 day Medallion. I think the first is blue then the 50 day is red, or the other way around.

GN

We love HAL, but we're learning to love Princess, too. Take a look at their benefits for repeat cruisers:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

A couple of years or so ago there was a regular contributor to this board by the name of aaaskanthony (or something similar) and he went to all the trouble of posting the benefits given to repeat passengers by several of the major cruiselines. Believe me, HAL came across as one of the stingiest by far!

I printed out his list but unfortunately have misplaced it. I probably threw it out untinentionally, because it was really enlightening.

Valerie:)

Archived