LA disembarkation times

winty

Hi. Disembarking from Crown on December 22nd. Delta have now changed our domestic flight to 10.52 out of LAX to Orlando. I think the ship is due in about 06.15am but our experience of disembarking in US is having quite lengthy delays especially as we are Non American. We would have to get a taxi to LAX, it’s also Xmas week so will be busy, we don’t think it’s doable. Anyone done this or have any experience ? Wonder whether we would be better changing to the 3pm flight. Thanks all. 

We are LA locals. If you do express early walk-off bringing your own luggage, you are first off the ship about 7:15. The had just installed new facial recognition machines but do not know about foreign passports. Ours went extremely fast. Stand in front of a camera it's done. Italy had the same thing and it went very fast too. Might be the same. Airport is about 30-40 minutes away by car. 

The problem will be so close to Christmas you could literally be AT the airport and still an hour from  check-in, then still needing to go through security before the gate.  Yet, staying at LAX until 3PM is not desireable. Given the choice of anxiety or monotony, I'd play it safe. Eat a huge go-all-day breakfast on the ship, because food is insanely expensive at the airport and bring a book, games on a tablet... I hope you can find something in the middle.

Edited by mtnesterz

I am also a local and I agree with mtnesterz.   They want you LAX at least three hours early. so by 8:00. That is what they just start disembarkation.  And the arrival time is based on everything going as planned. Once we we delayed a couple of hours getting into San Pedro due to thick fog.  Dec. 22 is on a Thursday. Why worry about it your entire cruise. I would just rebook a later flight.  Good luck with LA traffic. In LA speak you have to go via  the 110 to the 405 to Sepulveda. Good luck with that on Thursday between 8:00 and 9:00 AM. LAX should be crazy just before Christmas with traffic and long lines.  

Thanks both. Useful information and we have now modified our flight. Unfortunately had to go with the 3pm flight as no other option (our flight was originally midday which is why we choose it),  as would only get e-credit if we cancel. But it’s ok, will stay on ship as long as we can before we battle the Christmas traffic and crazy LAX. Thanks 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, winty said:

Thanks both. Useful information and we have now modified our flight. Unfortunately had to go with the 3pm flight as no other option (our flight was originally midday which is why we choose it),  as would only get e-credit if we cancel. But it’s ok, will stay on ship as long as we can before we battle the Christmas traffic and crazy LAX. Thanks 

Good choice.

I will be doing the same a week before you. Was tempted to choose 12:10 flight but put 3:35 flight on hold with EZ air for now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, winty said:

You could always stay at a hotel and fly the next day. Just a thought.

• Like 1

OR, if you don't want to just kill time at LAX, get there from the ship and check-in and check your bags (if you have big ones) but don't go through security.  Take a free hotel shuttle to a nearby nice hotel and hang out in their lobby or pool/patio until you need to get back to the airport with enough time to clear security & get to the gate.

• Like 1