What would you bring in a "Covid Kit"?

pauon

On 5/31/2022 at 3:41 AM, Sillyjilly said:

Dayquil.

We picked up the Dayquil and nighttime version in caplets.  Save on weight and the possibility of luggage spill.  Hope it works as good.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 11:52 PM, caribill said:

Reydnn38 does not say husband's illness was related to Covid.

Just noticed this.  My husband did not have Covid and was ill before the Covid pandemic - that's the last time we sailed. That said, we'll still bring our own thermometer in the future. 

• Like 1

This response from someone who lived through the onboard and Travis AFB quarantines on Grand at the very start, here’s what we’ve changed since.

1.  Bring all of the Rx you have at home.  There’s nothing more useless than meds you have no access to.  This includes things like vitamins and other supplements.  Have no illusions the ship may assist, but don’t rely on them for anything life critical.

2.  Recognize that you may not have access to foods of your choice at times if you choosing.  We bring things like granola bars and nuts with no intention of using.  In addition we stock the fridge with yogurt and the like asap after boarding.  Meals on Grand came at midnight or not at all, at Travis we missed 6 meals over 14 days, you learned to eat enough and save the rest.

Aside from that, little has changed.  We always carried wipes and scoured the cabin first thing even before.

jon 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I brought some of the suggested items mention in the above posts, and am so glad! We were on a land tour before cruising and DH came down with COVID. How we contracted it is another story, but suffice to say it was from too many people close together, not social distancing, and no masks. Anyway, we are doing our 5 days quarantine on land as per the cruise company. We can order things delivered to us. The only COVID related things we ordered (which we didn’t bring), are some Robitussin (plastic bottles will travel well) and chamomile tea. Mucinex, DayQuil, and Nightquil worked wonders. Also having Vicks and Vapo-style cough drops are a must. The worst is no cruise for us!!

• Like 3

On 5/22/2022 at 11:39 PM, caribill said:

About the masks---

Bring N95.

Many will bring KN95, but many of these are counterfeit and thus cannot be assumed to be effective.

We asked one of our doctors who was wearing a KN95 in his office if his mask was legitimate or counterfeit. He said he had no idea and no way of checking.

I buy from Project N95 and/or their suppliers, such as Bona Fide Masks. The KN95 masks they sell are legit.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 2:34 PM, pauon said:

We picked up the Dayquil and nighttime version in caplets.  Save on weight and the possibility of luggage spill.  Hope it works as good.

It does! I don't like the taste of Nyquil, so I buy the gel caps and they work just as well. 1 gel cap is a good night's sleep, 2 will knock you out for the rest of the night and well into the morning.

• Like 1