Weather in November sailing out of San Francisco

Kgills

After a nine year break from cruising, I’m excited to be on the Royal Princess Mexican Riviera cruise in November, sailing out of San Francisco.  I’m Platinum on Princess (after this cruise I’ll be Elite) and all my prior cruises have been to the Caribbean. Packing was easy for the Caribbean because it was always pretty warm but this cruise has me stumped. I expect embarkation day in San Francisco will be cool/cold but what do I expect after that. We have three sea days before we get to Puerto Vallarta. Will it be warm after the first day of cruising?  Help!

31 minutes ago, Kgills said:

@brisalta I’ve been in Idaho for a couple of years but lived in Denver for 30 years. I’m used to cold weather and rarely wear a coat until it gets under 40 degrees.

Strange as it may seem July tends to be the colder month than November is in San Francisco.

Edited by brisalta

This was my sail away last thanksgiving out of SF. Best part of sailing that time year is getting that sunset behind the bridge right at the perfect time. 
If you have long hair you need something to keep it from flying around in the wind. While being on land in SF is considered moderate at sea the first day or 2 to Mexico is considered cold by many. Not Alaska cold but decent layers cold. 

53228553-9D31-4064-BA02-C48AF44E9297.jpeg

• Like 3

Have layers handy for leaving S.F. and sailing south/north along the CA coast. Once south of San Diego it should be more tropical. If you are staying in S.F. expect temps range from the mid 50's to 70's. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kgills said:

@cruzin4us Sounds like I’ll be packing pretty similar to the Caribbean if it’s warm and muggy. 

Yes!    Last October (end of October) it was bloody hot.....miserably hot, so hot I thought I was going to puke in the tender in Cabo.     Puerto Vallarta was just as bad.   Got off the ship, walked about 200 yards and turned around and got right back on.   

I've also been to Mexico in November where it was much more pleasant, but it's still warm and pool weather for sure.

• Like 1