Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

Uh oh!... Looks like I only have $45 left on my Bar Tab... I'll be paying out of pocket after that. I asked about getting one for the next leg, and they said that it's not possible at this point, even though the website claims you can get it up until 11:59 the night before your cruise. Their customer service continues to fail me.

• Like 11

21 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Eight o'clock... I've probably got less than an hour left in me, if that...

When this happens go and take a quick nap and you’ll be recharged.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:08 PM, sid_9169 said:

I just saw the guys from the first day who were wearing matching outfits. Guess what? Different, but still completely matching outfits, all the way down to the shoes.

We really need some photos of the outfits.

10 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

…I received my instructions last night, and they were pretty much what I described earlier. Meet up for a quick corona virus swab. Debark with our passports and vaccination card's. Briefly meet with customs, then straight back on board to enjoy an empty ship.

Right now, I'm downing my first cup of four dollar Americano...

I wouldn’t want to find out the same day as the cruise. Royal does it the day before. At least that way you have time to pack without scrambling. I’m a slow packer. 😆

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

It was unbelievable. I mean, it was tender and flavorful, and had just the right amount of everything. This conch was living in the ocean when I woke up this morning, and now it's on my plate... Next, the fritters came out, and they were the best I've ever had...

PXL_20220531_150329430.thumb.jpg.030f484e2f11e38a2241f3d236cc9ec4.jpg

Did the conch fritters have a lot of breading like some of them? I’ve had some where there was hardly any conch and what was in there the pieces were so tiny. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keels81 said:

Have you been told definitively you'll be stopping in Key West? 

According to the Virgin Voyages social media, this will be the very first stop there... We'll find out in a couple of days:)

• Like 9

2 hours ago, broberts said:

What is this ... creature?

2 hours ago, alrico1608 said:

Its literally (and I am not joking) a Curly Tail Lizard.  We have them all over the place here in Miami.PXL_20220531_171239511.jpg

I was just going to say the same. We have them running all over our sea wall in Fort Lauderdale. Been here 26 years and I still get a laugh out of their tails.

• Like 1

So, this is what I've been reduced to... I've got to come up with some kind of drinking strategy for the next cruise... Probably won't be too many of those $17 Don Julio Anejo margaritas... I don't know if I have any promotional Sailor Loot like I did on this cruise. It doesn't show up in the app or the website. They've got a long way to go in their technology department.

PXL_20220531_212620982.jpg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

According to the Virgin Voyages social media, this will be the very first stop there... We'll find out in a couple of days:)

Awesome! I will be following with breath that is bated. 🤣

I'm on the June 29th sailing and I want to book a dive trip if we end up going to Nassau and Stuart's Cove is already close to sold out.

• Like 1

I was just reading the T&C for the Bar Tab on the Virgin Voyages website, and indeed it says you can purchase up until midnight the day prior. Only thing is, I have no phone service on the ship, and they won't sell it to me on the ship. They say that it has to be done on the website or over the phone. I've tried on the website, but can't find anywhere to do it. I would have before I left, but it only showed up for the first cruise... Anyhoo, it just means that I'll be out of pocket for every penny of every drink for the next four days, which is a lot at these prices...

• Like 6

9 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

There goes the neighborhood...

PXL_20220531_122716699.thumb.jpg.08962b5d23d8e54736c40b328ae641c4.jpg

PXL_20220531_122719931.jpg

8 hours ago, indygirl76 said:

These people are serious about their room service. 😂 

Those are not VV room service containers, not sure where they got those........

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was just reading the T&C for the Bar Tab on the Virgin Voyages website, and indeed it says you can purchase up until midnight the day prior. Only thing is, I have no phone service on the ship, and they won't sell it to me on the ship. They say that it has to be done on the website or over the phone. I've tried on the website, but can't find anywhere to do it. I would have before I left, but it only showed up for the first cruise... Anyhoo, it just means that I'll be out of pocket for every penny of every drink for the next four days, which is a lot at these prices...

The only place I've been able to find it is through the TA/FirstMates website. I'll say that I completely agree in their IT/communications/etc. being totally lacking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keels81 said:

The only place I've been able to find it is through the TA/FirstMates website. I'll say that I completely agree in their IT/communications/etc. being totally lacking.

I agree. If this were Carnival or NCL, I would go to the website, click add to cart, then click check out... Boom! How hard would it be for VV to just make it easy?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I agree. If this were Carnival or NCL, I would go to the website, click add to cart, then click check out... Boom! How hard would it be for VV to just make it easy?

The dumb app has my info showing up for both me and my husband, so I can't even add his passport or anything to check in. It's frustrating to say the least. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

On your account... on your dashboard... scroll alllllll the way down the page. That's where I found it when I added my bar tab.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WhyWeCruise said:

On your account... on your dashboard... scroll alllllll the way down the page. That's where I found it when I added my bar tab.

Worked for me for the first cruise, but there was no such option for the second cruise.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I think that they are. I saw a bunch of them at different cabins.

I'm wondering if perhaps this is a cabin under quarantine. That's how they deliver food to the ones on NCL. Left outside the door and in to-go containers.

• Like 5