Bermuda Covid Test Results Requirements

kpark895

Heading to Bermuda next month, and I noticed on the official Bermuda government website that Covid results must include, in addition to other things, the traveler's contact info (address, e-mail).  On my March Norwegian cruise, we ordered the tests from a link Norwegian provided, and the results were from inspiretesting.com.  The results appear to have all of Bermuda's requirements except for contact info of the tested person.  Is this a problem?  We were just going to order these same test kits for our June cruise, but want to make sure these will work.

38 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

Is this a problem?

Not a problem at all.  You fill-in the Inspire information with the fields they have, fill-in the Bermuda Travel Authorization with the fields they require, and let it fly.  You're good.

As for verification, it isn't some supercomputer cross-checking stuff, the paid employee eyeballs the names and birthdays for a match, whether it's from a third-party lab, and, of course, the test results.

Enjoy your cruise!

17 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Not a problem at all.  You fill-in the Inspire information with the fields they have, fill-in the Bermuda Travel Authorization with the fields they require, and let it fly.  You're good.

As for verification, it isn't some supercomputer cross-checking stuff, the paid employee eyeballs the names and birthdays for a match, whether it's from a third-party lab, and, of course, the test results.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks.  Now if only Bermuda would update their form since most cruisers won't have to upload test results, yet the form still requires them.

Look here for link and answers and optionally, I highly recommend that CC'er join the Roll Call as last minute info, update, changes & alert are off hot-off-the-press and posted there ...

Multiple posts here within the past few days ... not helping either, except to scatter the details and make it confusing 

32 minutes ago, jpc763 said:

Is "next month" the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda?  The Bermuda TA rules recently changed to not require tests.  You might want to look into that.

This is the NCL board. If you have a Celebrity question you should post it on the Celebrity board.

In any case you're wrong about Bermuda not requiring tests. You still have to get tested, you just don't have to upload the test results as part of the Travel Authorization form process. You now just bring the test results to the pier and they'll be verified at check in.

Edited by njhorseman

NCL recommends Inspire Diagnostics for the Covid test, but that's not a requirement, right? A free test at CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, etc would be sufficient? It was fine for flying international.

Edited by coalman78

4 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Heading to Bermuda next month, and I noticed on the official Bermuda government website that Covid results must include, in addition to other things, the traveler's contact info (address, e-mail).  On my March Norwegian cruise, we ordered the tests from a link Norwegian provided, and the results were from inspiretesting.com.  The results appear to have all of Bermuda's requirements except for contact info of the tested person.  Is this a problem?  We were just going to order these same test kits for our June cruise, but want to make sure these will work.

We used the Inspire tests for our Bermuda cruise last month on Pearl. No problem at all getting our TA approved so you’ll be fine. 

1 hour ago, coalman78 said:

NCL recommends Inspire Diagnostics for the Covid test, but that's not a requirement, right? A free test at CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, etc would be sufficient? It was fine for flying international.

NCL's recommended Inspire Diagnostics test isn't required. Any source of comparable tests is fine.

Edited by njhorseman

2 hours ago, jpc763 said:

Is "next month" the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda?  The Bermuda TA rules recently changed to not require tests.  You might want to look into that.

I know about the Bermuda TA change.  My question was more about the actual test report.  What is supposedly required is listed here: https://www.gov.bm/covid-19-tests-accepted-bermuda?fbclid=IwAR0_21WTBtiGlzXYtpTKTVEomVuThQBDwpHJYa5lL_nHpaOBY0LPzk4CsZo

I just want to make sure that even if you don't have to upload the results, lacking one of the test report requirements won't deny anyone from entering the island.

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Look here for link and answers and optionally, I highly recommend that CC'er join the Roll Call as last minute info, update, changes & alert are off hot-off-the-press and posted there ...

Multiple posts here within the past few days ... not helping either, except to scatter the details and make it confusing 

Yes, I am familiar with the Bermuda changes and have read just about all of the main forum posts about them.  Meeting all the requirements as posted on the Bermuda website has not been addressed, or perhaps I just missed it, which is why I asked the question.

1 hour ago, coalman78 said:

None of those around me offer the rapid antigen tests, only the PCR, and I won't rely on PCR results getting back to me in time.

18 minutes ago, styles27 said:

We used the Inspire tests for our Bermuda cruise last month on Pearl. No problem at all getting our TA approved so you’ll be fine. 

Thanks.  This is the answer I was looking for.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, njhorseman said:

NCL's recommended Inspire Diagnostics test isn't required. Any source of comparable tests is fine.

Thanks! I just read the 400+ Bermuda Joy thread (which I'm doing next month).