No move up email - 24 days out

Silverado21919

Solstice - Alaska - June 17th - 

In doing research on here it looks like a bunch of people had gotten emails months in advance about bidding on an upgrade. I havent gotten anything. I was planning to just use the Move Up part of the website 21 days out like it says. Looking to go from Veranda to Aqua. Hoping theres still some upgrades to be had by the time its my chance to bid. Has anyone had success bidding off the website vs a targeted email?

Yep!  I never received a MoveUp email for my cruise.  After digging a bit, I found a post here suggesting you go to the MoveUp website and enter that way.  I did just that and made an offer there that was later accepted.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade  At some point after I visited that link the first time, a banner appeared on my Manage Reservation page that took me there as well.  Hope that helps!

6 minutes ago, Silverado21919 said:

In doing research on here it looks like a bunch of people had gotten emails months in advance about bidding on an upgrade. I havent gotten anything. I was planning to just use the Move Up part of the website 21 days out like it says. Looking to go from Veranda to Aqua. Hoping theres still some upgrades to be had by the time its my chance to bid. Has anyone had success bidding off the website vs a targeted email?

I'm on the June 19 Alaska on the Eclipse.  I submitted my bids on-line and don't recall seeing a targeted email, but it may have gone to spam.  Our upgrade offer was accepted this morning, moving from Veranda to Aqua.  I also bid on Concierge and Family stateroom.  Hopefully not too late for you. Good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:
1 hour ago, Silverado21919 said:

I don't think that there is a difference. You end up at the same bidding page. 

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

Or you could have just booked the Aqua instead of waiting for something that may never happen.

I absolutely could have, I will happily enjoy the cruise from the cabin I booked. This post is simply to get information on a process the company uses. No where did I express any perceived guarantee of an upgrade or even the process being open for my specific sailing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silverado21919 said:

As others said you can go to the website and bid without an invitation.    All you need is your reservation number and last name.   Upgrades are generally not processed until  48 hour to 14 days prior to the cruise but some have had early acceptance.

In order to receive the invite you have to opt in to celebrity marketing.   Also some agencies like Costco do not participate in the program.

As others have said check your JunkMail folder.

Just a thought, as I have never completed a Move Up bid before.

Today, there is a Sale and our cabin should be £500 cheaper.

I have taken screenshots and sent them to our TA, plus the following, as I believe we are covered by the terms.

IF, we get the £500, OBC ( we have already paid, in full) could the OBC be used to pay for the Move Up, instead of them taking the money from my Credit Card?

Or alternatively, could I cancel some excursions and rebook using our OBC? 

“Best Offer Guarantee. 

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail. This applies to bookings made before March 31, 2022 for sailings up to September 30, 2022.

• You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.
  • For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.
  • Bookings made after March 31, 2022, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.
  • Bookings made by UK & Ireland guests after March 31, 2022 will be covered by the existing Price Promise policy.”