CDC Level 3 now Bahamas. Will they change Itinerary for Saturday Sail?

Seriously, they will probably just divert from Nassau to Half Moon Cay or Bimini if they can. ( assuming you are heading to Nassau. If it as already going yo Bimini or Half Moon Cat tou should be fine)

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

Seriously, they will probably just divert from Nassau to Half Moon Cay or Bimini if they can. ( assuming you are heading to Nassau. If it as already going yo Bimini or Half Moon Cat tou should be fine)

Ha ha and love your humor above.  Thanks for a chuckle for sure!  We are going to Nassau and Half Moon Cay.  Been to Nassau at least a thousand times so it seems.  Never been to Bimini so would enjoy another tranquil island.  Thanks also for you input.

I doubt they'll change it.

Half Moon Cay will be as safe as the ship. (as 99% of the help and 100& of guests are from the ship)

Nassau being more crowded and stringent with Covid policies would be different.

If you know any of the port if call websites I would check if any Virgin Voyages, Celebrity or other Carnival ships are scheduled for your Nassau day.

The Sunshine cruise we have schedul;ed for September had Nassau switched to Bimini awhile ago.

• Like 1

It is unlikely that they will change an itinerary just because of level 3. They were still sailing to islands with level 4 previously. The cruise lines or CDC don’t seem to be too concerned with Covid levels anymore, with 95% of cruise ships sailing from the US currently having positive Covid cases onboard. 

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

CB7D4744-E2B9-45BF-8DE7-9D1EE5655D0C.png

F283E000-ADEB-4DA8-B8E3-BF2D23701638.png

Edited by JT1962

cases are irrelevant - how many hospitalizations and deaths are there - the virus will continue to spread nothing will stop it - but are people getting seriously ill and dying? that is the focus, or should be.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, mz-s said:

cases are irrelevant - how many hospitalizations and deaths are there - the virus will continue to spread nothing will stop it - but are people getting seriously ill and dying? that is the focus, or should be.

exactly...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Yes, that is why ships are still sailing with positive cases onboard. It’s not a big issue anymore.

• Like 1

Thank you all for each response and my goodness, some are quite humorous and I loved it.  We are on go and will enjoy our aft wrap no matter.  Love them and wish the new ships still had them.  Video on youtube.  Sunshine 8333.  Not us, but shows cabin and balcony.  Check it out.  Don't get them all the time but love it when I can grab one.  Now I have hijacked my own thread.  Ohhhh the power!!!!  Happy Memorial Day to all and please explain the meaning to our younger generations.  🙂

• Like 1