FlightEase Group Transfer to BGI Barbados

adolfo2

We have a post-cruise, 3PM JetBlue flight through Seabourn FlightEase in Barbados.

Does the FlightEase provided "Group Transfer” include anything other than the bare transfer?

Should I expect a lunch and/or a day room provided by Seabourn for our mid-afternoon flight OR should I explore a day-of-disembarkation tour/excursion with airport transfer?

53 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

Should I expect a lunch and/or a day room provided by Seabourn for our mid-afternoon flight OR should I explore a day-of-disembarkation tour/excursion with airport transfer?

We’ve done both flying out of BGI; the bus tour is nice and gives a good overview of the island, and the transfer had a buffet lunch and a function room reserved for the transfer group at the Hilton.  

• Like 1

Seabourn generally offers a sightseeing tour ending at the airport on cruises which end in Barbados. You can see this on the Seabourn website or app where you select excursions. We've done the tour/transfer twice in the past year. There was no option for a day room offered. I think FlightEase includes only a direct airport transfer. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

We’ve done both flying out of BGI; the bus tour is nice and gives a good overview of the island, and the transfer had a buffet lunch and a function room reserved for the transfer group at the Hilton.  

Thank you!

Was the "bus tour" you speak of one of the optional (pay-for/extra cost) dis-embarkation excursions ending up at the airport?

The "transfer" w/lunch & Hilton. This is the standard, free, included with FlightEase one?

1 hour ago, adolfo2 said:

Was the "bus tour" you speak of one of the optional (pay-for/extra cost) dis-embarkation excursions ending up at the airport?

The "transfer" w/lunch & Hilton. This is the standard, free, included with FlightEase one?

Yes on both counts; the bus tour was an extra cost item, but the “lunch + Hilton” was free as part of the Seabourn FlightEase transfer.  Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
What I found out a few minutes ago is that even though we are getting into Copenhagen at 7:15AM, there won't be a Seabourn rep even at the airport until "around noon." Silly me assumed they would meet us with open arms once we got through immigration, given that we booked our flights through them.  Nope, we are on our own until they show up.  Apparently Seabourn had no plans to inform us or anyone else that there would be no one there to greet/pick us up/ direct us until 5 hours after our flight got in.  I could picture us, tired, wandering around the airport, dragging our suitcases, getting into an argument, etc. Not a great start.

Linda

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I am not surprised that a rep will not be there to meet you at that early hour.

In that almost all flights from North America arrive in most European cities in the early morning hours, typically between 7 am and 9 am — and in this case at 7:15 am in Copenhagen — are you saying that despite included transfers, most people find themselves on their own upon arrival? And have to wait around the airport for hours until meeting a representative for the transfer? 

16 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

In that almost all flights from North America arrive in most European cities in the early morning hours, typically between 7 am and 9 am — and in this case at 7:15 am in Copenhagen — are you saying that despite included transfers, most people find themselves on their own upon arrival? And have to wait around the airport for hours until meeting a representative for the transfer? 

We have purchased our flights through SB a number of times and have always been on our own upon arrival.  We have reserved a car/driver ahead of time each time.  We do fly in at least two days before embarkation.  Does that make a difference?  I'm assuming it does.  

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

We do fly in at least two days before embarkation.  Does that make a difference?

I always thought if you did a deviation to arrive early, you gave up any included transfer. Otherwise, the cruise line would have to have staff at the airport, and transportation lined up, for several days before every cruise in order to serve people arriving 1, 2, 3 and more days early. 

I was under the impression that the situation described by @whystayhome was for an arrival on the morning of embarkation. 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, cruiseej said:

That is what I was told when I called.  The phone rep was apologetic, tried to be helpful, consulted a supervisor, and that was the story.  We’re on our own until the transport company’s representative will be at baggage claim “around noon.”  What I am really peeved about is that we were not told that we would be playing “Where’s Waldo?” on embarkation day, and had I not been wondering what they would do with us until our boarding time of 2:00, we would never have known prior to arriving in Copenhagen. I booked the flights through Seabourn specifically because  of the convenience of the included transfers.  Had I known what the story wound be in advance, I would have booked the flights independently and flown into Copenhagen the night day before.

Note: We typically don’t arrive on embarkation day, but we have spent enough time in Copenhagen in the past.

Linda

On 6/9/2022 at 4:31 PM, whystayhome said:

I booked the flights through Seabourn specifically because  of the convenience of the included transfers.

It's amazing how many people think that getting a "free" transfer is the crucial factor in deciding to buy the air through the cruiseline.

Given that you have been to CPH before, I am a bit surprised that would have been a factor for you, since you obviously know how close the airport is to the port area - only about 12 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Flyer Talker et.al.

I took the Seabourn flights because 1) we wanted to fly in the day of the cruise, 2) I couldn’t get a nonstop in business with FF miles, 3) Seabourn’s price was the same as what I could get on SAS and as an added and important “convenience,” they were including the transfers, so for that reason I booked through them, 4) I assumed they would accommodate us between landing and boarding, 5) If there were a problem with the flights I figured it would be Seabourn’s headache, not ours.

This was important because we were on the March 2020 Australia cruise to nowhere and had to scramble like maniacs to get a flight back to the US when we were put off the ship a week early in Adelaide instead of Sydney because of the pandemic. People who had flights through Seabourn were automatically re-booked and didn’t have to think.

I called Seabourn again to whine about my 5 hours at the Copenhagen airport. The phone rep at first insisted we would be given a day room at a hotel, but I convinced her to check and when she got back to me she seemed shocked that wouldn’t be happening. The new info was that we would be met at baggage claim when we get in and then given a voucher for a meal and further instructions about our transfer to the ship.    Maybe we would be left at the airport for 5+ hours (new boarding time, 2:20); maybe we would be taken to a hotel lounge. Basically, Seabourn didn’t  seem to know what is going to be happening at the airport. It will apparently be left up to the transfer company AKA passenger wranglers to inform us about the drill Saturday morning/early afternoon.

We are currently out of the country. When we get back later this week, I will call Seabourn again, see what fairytale they offer this time, and look into changing our flight to arrive in Copenhagen the day before embarkation.

Linda

• Like 2