When do you need to obtain a negative test for Covid?

stevenr597

Princess is still rather confusing as to when one needs to obtain a negative test for Covid.

On the princess website, it clearly says that if you are fully vaccinated and have received a booster, you need to obtain either an Antigen or "Molecular Test" such as the PCR or NAAT with 3 days prior to sailing.

However on the Medallion Class App, when one fills out the health information, it states that one needs to obtain a negative test such as an Antigen or PCR taken within 48 hours (not days) of one's journey.

I do wish that Princess would clear this up. 

In addition I uploaded proof of vaccine several days ago and it still says, "Document Pending Approval"

The 48 day verbiage on the Medallion seems to refer to when you can upload the results of your test.  I say that because I am roughly 51 hours from sailaway and that button is still disabled.  I'll try again in 3 hours to see if it is enabled.  And our vaccination documents that we previously uploaded still show the document pending approval language so I'm assuming that this is something that will be validated at the port.

ETA:  Thinking that the 48 hour tracks before the boarding time.  I tried to upload the Covid test result earlier today and it was disabled but was allowed to do it now for both of us.  We are still in the Green land but the health documents section shows an exclamation point as they haven't been approved yet.  Still thinking that is something that is validated at the port...

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

We are on the Sky Princess....Seattle to Seattle on July 10th. (Inside Passage Alaska)

July 10/22?

11 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

Sky Princess is in Europe!

Discovery & Crown are doing Alaska Seattle round trip.

Testing is within 3 days for fully vax & booster, I believe.

if it was embarking in Canada it would be different.

for health info on app, do it closer to sailing. Mine showed green lane, I filled in what I could prior to 48 hours.

no worry

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dog said:

July 10/22?

Discovery & Crown are doing Alaska Seattle round trip.

Testing is within 3 days for fully vax & booster, I believe.

if it was embarking in Canada it would be different.

for health info on app, do it closer to sailing. Mine showed green lane, I filled in what I could prior to 48 hours.

no worry

Thanks, I am sailing Discovery Princess.  Booked another trip on Sky Princess early next year. 

• Like 1