Frustrated with double charge

freedom750

@freedom750 Send emails immediately to CalAlmaguer@princesscruises.com and CarmenRoig@Princesscruises.com.

(I hope those are right.  I haven’t seen their address but based on all the other Princess emails we’ve seen, they should be right). 

He is the SVP Sales and Service Strategy and Operations; she is the new VP of North America Sales. I watched a YouTube video of a call they had with TA’s yesterday about all the improvements they are making to reduce wait times (the call back option is coming(!)…in a few months) and at the very end an agent said she had waited 5 hours on hold for EZ Air issues only to be told that she couldn’t be helped because her clients weren’t sailing in the next 7 days and it was kind of a mic drop moment. They both seemed shocked about that (I bet no one else on the call was) and specifically asked that they be contacted with issues like yours since they wouldn’t otherwise even be aware of them. 

I got the impression that they are so focused on numbers (92% of calls eventually were answered!) that they are missing the kinds of trials TAs and guests are actually dealing with. Let them know!

If you’re interested, here’s the link to the video from the call. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have heard of others being able to reserve suite first night dinner pre-cruise.  I have never been able to do that without Princess trying to charge me for the Crown Grill.  Even....if I scroll down to the very bottom.  I have learned to just go to the venue on embarkation day (since my muster station is also there). 

Didn't try to book pre-cruise. Doing it w/the app was too much of a PITA. 

When we got on the ship, we went to CG (after waiting 30 minutes in the Concierge Lounge and leaving). CG told us to just "show up", so we did.

Then on a different night we went to Sabatini's to make a res and the person manning the desk made sure to point out that this wouldn't be our "free Suite" dinner, told her "we know". 

After all that, we weren't charged. Not sure why, but glad it happened. The meal was terrible start to finish (except for the little bread thingys that they bring at the start). Sabatini's is definitely not for us.

46 minutes ago, freedom750 said:

Thanks for the video and email addresses PescadoAmarillo.  I'll send them an email with my issue.  I love this site.  So many helpful comments and great cruisers.

If all else false, try jswartz@princesscruises.com. I had had a few issues I emailed her with a couple of weeks ago. She did not respond personally, but had her assistant call me a couple of days after I emailed her. Maybe she can help.

1 minute ago, Moondogy said:

If all else false, try jswartz@princesscruises.com. I had had a few issues I emailed her with a couple of weeks ago. She did not respond personally, but had her assistant call me a couple of days after I emailed her. Maybe she can help.

Thanks

18 hours ago, Crystabel said:

I’ve learned to save EVERYTHING, whether it be by a photo, printout or a screen shot. Sounds like I don’t trust Princess… 

I create a separate email folder for each cruise and every email I get from them gets copied right into it to save. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

@freedom750 Send emails immediately to CalAlmaguer@princesscruises.com and CarmenRoig@Princesscruises.com.

(I hope those are right.  I haven’t seen their address but based on all the other Princess emails we’ve seen, they should be right). 

He is the SVP Sales and Service Strategy and Operations; she is the new VP of North America Sales. I watched a YouTube video of a call they had with TA’s yesterday about all the improvements they are making to reduce wait times (the call back option is coming(!)…in a few months) and at the very end an agent said she had waited 5 hours on hold for EZ Air issues only to be told that she couldn’t be helped because her clients weren’t sailing in the next 7 days and it was kind of a mic drop moment. They both seemed shocked about that (I bet no one else on the call was) and specifically asked that they be contacted with issues like yours since they wouldn’t otherwise even be aware of them. 

I got the impression that they are so focused on numbers (92% of calls eventually were answered!) that they are missing the kinds of trials TAs and guests are actually dealing with. Let them know!

Thank you for trying, but after composing an email to both Cal and Carmen, it came back undeliverable.  Any suggestions for the next step?

47 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for trying, but after composing an email to both Cal and Carmen, it came back undeliverable.  Any suggestions for the next step?

Try calmaguer@princesscruises.com and croig@princesscruises.com

Princess emails tend to be first letter of first name and then last name. So if someone is called First Last the email address would be flast@princesscruises.com

By the way here is a link to a news item about the two new executives:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27066-princess-expands-sales-leadership-team.html

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Try just the first initiallast name@princesscruises.com

Eta:  I see brisalta got to you first. Thank you!

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

@brisaltaand @PescadoAmarillo

Mahalo Nui Loa for your help.

I immediately went back to some old emails.  The benefits of never deleting anything.  Found one that went to Jan Swartz and 5 others...added Carl and Carmen to the list with just first initials.  All went through except one (must have been a pandemic casualty).  But of course, this was done Friday afternoon on a 3 day holiday weekend.  Surprised that there was no automatic response.  I've done everything I can possibly think of.  If I keep my expectations low, I won't be disappointed.  That is really no way to think about cruising.  But sadly, one has to set the bar low and hope for the best.

• Like 2

A responsible experienced TA(not a Princess agent) really helps. This besides getting me a better deal. I had some issues getting a refund of rather expensive Princess Skagway  excursions that Princess cancelled. When I would call the excursion dept they know nothing, just thereto take orders. So then I would try customer  service and some reps would try and understand, but finally tell me they can't do anything, that they would have to transfer me to CUSTOMER RELATIONS and warn me it will be along wait. Well twice after being on hold for 1 hour I got disconnected! Then even though the excursion was booked online with Princess, I emailed my TA at American Discount Cruises with all the details. She replied back to me the next day that there's a credit in the works. My credit card account had it's credit the next week. 

9 hours ago, Willwils said:

I emailed my TA at ... with all the details. She replied back to me the next day that there's a credit in the works. My credit card account had it's credit the next week. 

Was that just a coincidence that she happened to call while Princess was processing your refund?

20 hours ago, brisalta said:

By the way here is a link to a news item about the two new executives:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27066-princess-expands-sales-leadership-team.html

On a related note, has John Chernesky surfaced anywhere?  I know he was named Princess Brand Champion, and I think he’ll be brilliant at it, but, frankly, it’s an odd position for a former SVP to move into. I mean, Gavin McLoed was his predecessor. My former corporate mind is all a wonder at this Cal (from Disney, no surprise there) being brought into a new position, and John’s effective replacement (Carmen) being brought in at a lower level.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

Was that just a coincidence that she happened to call while Princess was processing your refund?

No, I don't think it's a coincidence because the credit card statement shows that the credit came from Princess not the TA. I think the TA can get straight through to Princess authority unlike us the consumer. But maybe I'm wrong?

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 3:33 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

I finally watched the entire video.  ROFL…..”no one should be on hold for 5 hours”. I was close. 4 hours and disconnected.  Throughout the one hour video, they kept saying how important it is to have customer satisfaction and “immediate” service.  HaHa. Said they are in the 90% satisfaction level.  By who’s standards?  

thanks for posting the video.  I needed some reality checks….not.  

• Like 3

with the new premium fare plan I imagine it will get harder & harder to book specialty dining (we already have 2 free (one from TA & one was a booking perk) if we upgraded that would be a total of 4 on a 10 day cruise...hope they figure this out

@travelin.sisters, on my last 10 day cruise, I had 3 free specialty dinner.  I could only manage to get one for the first night (suite).  It took a little bit of pulling rank to get reservations for the other two at a decent hour (before 9 PM).  

Some will have success with the pre-cruise dine my way app.  Most will have trouble getting reservations.  Especially now that both Crown Grill and Sabatini’s may not be running at full capacity.  Another “brilliant idea” nightmare.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@travelin.sisters, on my last 10 day cruise, I had 3 free specialty dinner.  I could only manage to get one for the first night (suite).  It took a little bit of pulling rank to get reservations for the other two at a decent hour (before 9 PM).  

Some will have success with the pre-cruise dine my way app.  Most will have trouble getting reservations.  Especially now that both Crown Grill and Sabatini’s may not be running at full capacity.  Another “brilliant idea” nightmare.  

I thought of that with this new, "improved" fare. All those Premiums expecting to get their 2 nights of specialty dining PLUS suites first night and anyone else who can be squeezed in. Yeah, that's gonna work.

• Like 1

Well, after reading this thread I had to go back to my  summary statement and on mine it said "Specialty Restaurant Cover Charge" with a value next to it of $45.90.  So now, you mean to tell me that that has no value when having a meal there, that you have to pay?????  OMG, Princess should be ashamed of itself for misleading many.

53 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Well, after reading this thread I had to go back to my  summary statement and on mine it said "Specialty Restaurant Cover Charge" with a value next to it of $45.90.  So now, you mean to tell me that that has no value when having a meal there, that you have to pay?????  OMG, Princess should be ashamed of itself for misleading many.

Are you currently on or off the ship ("my summary statement)/

Value $45.90 US Dollar or Australian Dollar?  Should be $29 US Dollars for Crown Grill.  $25 for Sabatini's.  Don't know about the others.

I have eaten at the Crown Grill on every cruise.  "Cover Charge" and Restaurant Meal Cost were one and the same.  

I have tried to make reservations with the dine my way app and always had trouble using OBC or Voucher Credit.  I stopped doing that.  The risk to that is getting onboard and not having the time Iwant.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2022 at 2:46 PM, Popeye19 said:

I have the same issue of double charging on Ruby Princess - Alaska cruise 4/30 - 5/10 with complimentary specialty dining. On 4/29 I made a reservation for specialty dining to reserve a spot for our complimentary meal. We found the complimentary dining vouchers in our cabins and used them on 5/4. Our post cruise shipboard folio receipt listed a $58 charge and $58 credit on 5/4 for using the complimentary dining voucher (the Maitre d' took our vouchers). Our post-cruise folio but did not list any other $58 charges. On 5/10 after the cruise, I checked my credit card and saw Princess charged us $58 on 4/29. I immediately called customer service asking them to reverse the charge - they suggested I email them with the details - which I did, and I attached to my email a copy of my pre-cruise confirmation showing I had complimentary specialty dining.

I called customer service again on 5/19 for an update - they said wait a few more days, customer service is swamped. She told me if you have complimentary dining, you're not suppose to make reservations on line or thru the Medallion App, you have to use the voucher in your cabin and go to the restaurant to make the reservation. She added - Princess doesn't tell you that.  As of 5/26, no resolution, no refund, and no replies from Princess yet.

Around 2 weeks ago, Princess customer service called me saying they finished their review, apologized for the doubling billing, and will be issuing me a check for the $58 I was charged for the complimentary specialty dining. I received the check in the mail today. Thanks.

• Like 1