First MSC (and solo) - Seashore or Divina?

vacruizer

I’m considering my first MSC cruise this fall on either Seashore or Divina. I’d love to hear what you liked or didn’t like about each one. Cost difference is negligible and I’ve cruised the Caribbean many times on other lines so itinerary isn’t important, either.  I’d be sailing in a balcony most likely. 

A few things about me - I’m 50 and my husband is staying home this trip so I’ll be sailing solo. I’ve cruised solo before so that part isn’t new to me. I love things like live music, craft cocktails and nice bourbon,  evening shows, and activities like trivia during the day. I’m not one to sit by a pool. Which ship would you choose? I did just receive a status match to diamond if that makes any difference. 

Edited by vacruizer

6 hours ago, vacruizer said:

I’m considering my first MSC cruise this fall on either Seashore or Divina. I’d love to hear what you liked or didn’t like about each one. Cost difference is negligible and I’ve cruised the Caribbean many times on other lines so itinerary isn’t important, either.  I’d be sailing in a balcony most likely. 

A few things about me - I’m 50 and my husband is staying home this trip so I’ll be sailing solo. I’ve cruised solo before so that part isn’t new to me. I love things like live music, craft cocktails and nice bourbon,  evening shows, and activities like trivia during the day. I’m not one to sit by a pool. Which ship would you choose? I did just receive a status match to diamond if that makes any difference. 

Just off Seashore a couple weeks ago. Have been on Divina two times and sailing again in September. Although we appreciate and enjoy both ships, i suggest you would likely prefer the Seashore according to your “a few things about me” - various evening shows, Seashore had trivia more than once a day, beautiful ship with various lounges to enjoy. We had a “Diamond”:gathering where Officers joined us, and make sure you take advantage of the free steakhouse meal compliments of your status. 

I can only speak of the Seashore. So I just watched a quick video of the Divina.

The Seashore was built to make use of sunshine.  There is a wonderful outdoor promenade (uncovered).  On it, you will find seating for some specialty restaurants, infinity hot tubs… The aft of the ship has this bridge above the twin infinity pools:867C939D-9952-4AAF-BCBE-6E86D5287221.thumb.jpeg.e019e6f74b8469233ffea8fd7abb9734.jpeg

There is a pair of pianos in the Times Square area mid-ship.  I am hoping they are still be utilized when I sail again in October. Three different presentations each evening; look for it in the planner.

The atrium from Decks 5-6 (maybe more) has a giant wall of windows; there was live music there most of the day.  

As a Diamond member, you will have a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant, to be scheduled onboard. I chose the Butcher’s Cut. It was a great choice. The filet was one of the best I have had.  I plan to order the exact meal again.  You do chose from an abbreviated menu, but it has great choices. I chose the outdoor seating. It was windy, but beautiful.  

Trivia - they could use some work on this. Some events would start a few minutes early, but then only run 7-10 minutes. Then the answer sheets were taken up to be “graded” in the back. I love trivia, but this wasn’t the best version.

I am not a pool deck person, either. Seashore is not built around the pools.  Although the Jungle pool outside the buffet is a nice area to be in - closed in, but no strong chlorine smell.

Hope you have a great cruise.