Is Ncl Pearl capacity now?

umpisoccer

We just got off her today.  We were told last night she was at about 1,500 pax for this trip, not sure if that was due to any limits imposed by NCL or slow sales for semi early in the Bermuda cruise season.  I didn't hear anywhere that ship counts were being limited by Bermuda. 

Regardless, we had a fantastic time and are thinking of doing it again next year.  You guys are in for a treat!

There were no big production shows, but there were comedians and performers in various lounges and by the pool.  If you're going for the entertainment, you may want to adjust your expectations.

17 hours ago, Broons77 said:

We just got off her today.  We were told last night she was at about 1,500 pax for this trip, not sure if that was due to any limits imposed by NCL or slow sales for semi early in the Bermuda cruise season.  I didn't hear anywhere that ship counts were being limited by Bermuda. 

Regardless, we had a fantastic time and are thinking of doing it again next year.  You guys are in for a treat!

We were told the same. It sounded more that it was due to soft demand vs. any capacity controls.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

There were no big production shows, but there were comedians and performers in various lounges and by the pool.  If you're going for the entertainment, you may want to adjust your expectations.

The show we saw was OK, but very uneven. One cast member had a great voice and another’s performance was cringeworthy.

I would STRONGLY recommend the aerial acrobats ( think ropes, fabric, trapeze). They were excellent.

6 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

I would STRONGLY recommend the aerial acrobats ( think ropes, fabric, trapeze). They were excellent.

I totally forgot about that, my daughter saw that show and couldn't stop talking about it!

20 hours ago, Broons77 said:

Hi Broons77.  Can you tell us more about your experience on the ship? (Nightly shows and entertainment,  singers, comedians,  music and bands, covid on the ship, Bermuda,  etc)  Thanks.

3 hours ago, umpisoccer said:

I thought there was a musical show called Legends on the Pearl.  Did they cancel this show?

We just got off the ship yesterday. They did have the production shows Legends and Pure Variety. The nights they had them, they had one show at 8pm. 

They also had another smaller production featuring one of the lead singers, but we missed that one. There was a comedian who said the show he did was his last one, so another one should be coming on. The last night was the aerialists.

They had entertainment in the atrium and champagne bar area as well as the band Funky Roots that played by the pool and Spinnakers etc. Seaside Duo, who were excellent, and a guitar player named Cameron played in the atrium. There was Karaoke in Bliss. 

There were the usual game shows and Deal or No Deal which we did not attend. We had to choose between events that were happening at the same time. This is not a complaint, just to let people know that there was quite a bit going on.

3 hours ago, Broons77 said:

Legends and Pure Variety were the production shows. Since it is a smaller ship they do not have any of the actual Broadway Shows like Footloose that you would get on a bigger ship.

Edited by Cruising Lynne

1 hour ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Legends and Pure Variety were the production shows. Since it is a smaller ship they do not have any of the actual Broadway Shows like Footloose that you would get on a bigger ship.

My bad, I missed that they were having those shows.  I'm not a big entertainment guy so I probably just shouldn't have said anything!  lol  🤐

2 hours ago, Broons77 said:

My bad, I missed that they were having those shows.  I'm not a big entertainment guy so I probably just shouldn't have said anything!  lol  🤐

LOL. Well there was a lot going on. The days just flew by and it did not get dark until late so I can see how you missed them. We almost forgot to go to the show one of the nights.

We had a great week with good weather, and some fun crew members. I really felt like there was a good vibe throughout the ship. And we didn't even have the drink package! 

1 hour ago, Cruising Lynne said:

We had a great week with good weather, and some fun crew members. I really felt like there was a good vibe throughout the ship. And we didn't even have the drink package! 

Couldn't agree with you more, although we did have the drink package.  Definitely was a fun week and the crew was great.  OP @umpisoccer should plan on a fantastic trip.

FYI, didn't hear a peep about covid.  The only illnesses I encountered were self inflicted. 🤪

• Like 3