Are drinks included on Princess Cays if you have Princess Plus?

KKB

From the Plus Beverage Package Terms and Conditions:

• The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service.

The Premier Beverage Package as the same statement in its Terms and Conditions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KKB said:

We were surprised that drinks were NOT included on NCL's "private island."

In all fairness, NCL's beverage package IS included on Great Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas but not on Harvest Caye in Belize.   It was a bit of a bummer when we visited Harvest Caye last year because I certainly would have ordered a silly umbrella drink or two.  Instead, we simply waited until we reboarded to have a drink just like any other port.

We were on the Enchanted in February and the drinks on Princess Cays.  All the soda they had was in cans and limited in choice.  

On another cruise in April on Carnival the drinks on their private island were not included in the package.  Bummer!   

2 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Does the island now have fountain soda? I remember them only having cans, which would not be included free but be 25% off?

They did not have fountain drinks in December but did not charge us for canned  soft drinks on the island with Princess Plus 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robinbtigger said:

In all fairness, NCL's beverage package IS included on Great Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas but not on Harvest Caye in Belize.   It was a bit of a bummer when we visited Harvest Caye last year because I certainly would have ordered a silly umbrella drink or two.  Instead, we simply waited until we reboarded to have a drink just like any other port.

Have not been to Great Stirrup Cay but go in August--good to know!

Yes, we visited Harvest Caye but were lucky enough to have a gathering for those of us on the poker cruise while there that included drinks.

• 1 year later...

Was there in April with the package.  Cans of soda only, but no charge.  

Also, 9 times out of 10, when we asked for a cola at a bar onboard, we were given a can and a glass of ice.  Never charged.

Yep definitely works.  I've never heard of being charged for sodas but it is definitely cans.

One point of confusion in surfing the internet for this topic is that Carnival drink package does not work on Princess Cays.  Given there's actually a lot more Carnival ships going to PC throughout the year than Princess ships, there's a lot of user created content and people's first hand accounts that would lead someone to believe drink packages don't work there.  Not sure why such a difference exists between Princess and Carnival, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's always been like that as long as I've been cruising.

On 5/28/2022 at 12:53 PM, KKB said:

We were surprised that drinks were NOT included on NCL's "private island."

They were when we were there if you had the drink package.