Live from Caribbean Princess, May 28 to June 11th

nreeder

1 hour ago, Nhsaltshaker said:

Well, Norm. You're wrong. There is one more wearing a 😷.   I wish you all would have gotten off the ship.  The weather is wonderful without the sun.  Oops, there it is...still good. Of course it helps to have a Sanctuary bungalo.  Not rich, just a shipload of obc.  You all look beautiful on the ship!1653849082635170010757527685145.thumb.jpg.3f8b4c6d5851036284576f8e81e4fb81.jpg

We are also masked up but we are definitely in the minority. So sorry to hear about those who disembarked with an unwanted “gift”. Hope you all feel better soon. And we will do our best to stay healthy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nreeder said:

Yes I exaggerated a little about the masks. There are a few. We wear ours because we want to spend two weeks in our suite not in a quarantine cabin. My mask is a medical issue not a political issue. I will never understand how the two got mixed.
We did the Hobie Cat at Princess Cays and had a lot of fun. It isn’t hard to do and we’ve done it before at Sandals in St Lucia and Montego Bay. Norm 

Nobody thinks about the quarantine.  They figure "I paid for this cruise".  To each their own.  Not debating, just observing. The only one watching out for me is me.  The only one watching out for you is you and maybe a significant other.  Meteor shower tomorrow night!  Possible rocket launch June 9.

• Like 2

How is everybody getting tested after/during the cruise at all?   Is there something I don't know?   I thought you only needed to produce a negative covid test prior to boarding.  If you asymptomatic, why even test at all?

On 5/28/2022 at 6:00 PM, kabmab said:

We disembarked today.   DH tested positive as soon as we got home (he didn't mask, I did). We are both healthy and double boosted.  Very little masking on board last week.  Suggest taking precautions.

10+ of our group of 14 tested positive also....we were on your same cruise....

Yesterday myself and my partner were both negative....and today he was positive.

Edited by brad0576
correction

On 5/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, kabmab said:

We disembarked today.   DH tested positive as soon as we got home (he didn't mask, I did). We are both healthy and double boosted.  Very little masking on board last week.  Suggest taking precautions.

We to disembarked Saturday.  We were supposed to stay on but husband tested positive on Friday so we chose to get off. I was surprised that the choice to stay or go was ours. Being quarantined for 5 days did not make sense. Their assistance once you get Covid is abysmal. Communication is close to non existent. We were not even told we were moving to a quarantine cabin until they knocked on the door asking if we were ready. I was and am fortunately still negative but I was not given an opportunity to stay while my husband was quarantined and when we were driven from the ship we were in a van with I think 11 other people who were positive. Not cool. Hope you don’t get Covid while sailing.  Oh we both wore masked except while eating and drinking, ate at table for 2 and avoided crowded elevators, etc. 

Edited by plaidsmom
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, brad0576 said:

Yesterday myself and my partner were both negative....and today he was positive.

Sorry to hear so many of your group tested positive and hope symptoms are mild.  I never heard coughing or sneezing (even in hour long excursion wait in Theater) onboard until picking up luggage in terminal Sat. a.m.  I'll test again Tues before dentist unless I feel sick before.  Stay well!

36 minutes ago, brad0576 said:

Is Princess oblivious to all these post cruise cases?  If they are, it's ridiculous.  

• Like 1

Ok just so you know. Maureen went to the shops at 6pm. The lines were out the door for both Club Class and regular dining. When we went down at 7pm, our regular time no waiting in Club Class. Traditional Princess dinn. Prime Rib, broiled tomato and Yorkshire Pudding. Wonderful. Good service too. Norm 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nreeder said:

Ok just so you know. Maureen went to the shops at 6pm. The lines were out the door for both Club Class and regular dining. When we went down at 7pm, our regular time no waiting in Club Class. Traditional Princess dinn. Prime Rib, broiled tomato and Yorkshire Pudding. Wonderful. Good service too. Norm 

And this was on the first full At-Sea day?

6 hours ago, crimsonbird said:

Is Princess oblivious to all these post cruise cases?  If they are, it's ridiculous.  

Unless people report back to Princess that they caught Covid during the cruise, Princess would not know of these post-cruise cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Unless people report back to Princess that they caught Covid during the cruise, Princess would not know of these post-cruise cases.

There should be some suggested voluntary procedure. Probably they don't want to know.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nhsaltshaker said:

No, Princess Cay.

In your opinion, is MDR on Princess Cay day the best idea?   My first time to Princess Cay--I understand Princess serves food to the passengers off the ship--although it might be more the burgers-and-pizza type than the MDR.   But you're out on the beach, so....picnic food out on the beach might be better than waiting in line on the ship.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

And, as people have stated here on Cruise Critic, people who have called in to report once they are home are told by Princess reps that it makes no difference. Princess probably doesn’t even note the information. You’d think they’d want to at least be aware for the health of their crew members. 

• Like 4

Today was a sea day. We did a renewal of vows ceremony with the Captain.  He was wonderful. Tonight is formal night. Tonight was typical Princess formal night dinner. Picture attached   Waiting for Broadway show in the Princess Theater. We feel so special walking into Club Class dinner. This is our second night. The Maiter d already knows our name as do our waiter and busboy. I see on other thread smell and toilet issues. Nothing we have experienced. Cruise Critic reunion was this afternoon. Good turnout. Many officers were there. Forgot to mention no waiting in Club Class dinner at 7pm  Just like last night  Norm EB4C3C9A-58CE-4883-B120-F17B08DC942E.thumb.jpeg.2e98764f52434bfd1e58fa732477bcd4.jpegEB4C3C9A-58CE-4883-B120-F17B08DC942E.thumb.jpeg.2e98764f52434bfd1e58fa732477bcd4.jpeg0BB7C25A-6065-4838-8607-413B0C2DAB87.thumb.jpeg.d5a09d5b0479f6f144d594a070e50734.jpegA80EE3A1-0725-4988-99D9-BC17C357D658.thumb.jpeg.4b272352aecd5e1f6ffda662fc68159b.jpeg
Norm 

Edited by nreeder
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

And, as people have stated here on Cruise Critic, people who have called in to report once they are home are told by Princess reps that it makes no difference. Princess probably doesn’t even note the information. You’d think they’d want to at least be aware for the health of their crew members. 

Nah!  I don't think they want to know. Then they can only address the cases on board.
When we got home from the Coral Princess two years ago many many of the other passengers that we knew got covid when they got home.  Princess never inquired.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:53 PM, crimsonbird said:

Once you're off the ship it's not their problem.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:43 PM, brad0576 said:

We disembarked today too..... both tested negative when we got home... didn't mask at all on the ship but spent most of time outside or away from people that looked like they would not be pro-science.

See how you feel in a few days.  After our cruise DH felt sick on the way home in the provided van (with 3 other couples)...we were gloved and masked all the way.  We went for tests after we got home...he was positive and I was negative...which is impossible since we spent the previous 34 day together, the last six days in quarantine.  I tested positive about a week later.
I hope you remain healthy! 

Edited by suzyed

A08B1B63-E370-44FC-8BDB-73750D759AF0.thumb.jpeg.aa14d4566345f1699b0378dc0eef558f.jpegOk tonight we went to the “Broadway “ production show. We haven’t been on a Princess ship for over 5 years. Blown away by production values. Projected backgrounds and sets outstanding. Singers and dancers great. I think this one of the Stephen Schwartz productions. Wonderful   Norm 

• Like 2

One more thing   You can kill me off for this. This cruise isn’t a “Covid cruise “. All passengers had to be vaccinated and have a negative Covid test before boarding. I think it’s misleading to emphasize Covid. Not all 2,700 passengers have or will get Covid. I just hope all of you aboard have a wonderful cruise and yes take care of yourself. Tomorrow is Saint Thomas. Have a great day!  Norm 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1