Dining Room Questions

iminit4fun

We are new to Celebrity and having a question about the dining room options.  I am a very picky eater.  I know its a curse.  On other cruise lines they usually 

have a couple basic meals they offer every night, like a steak, fettuccine alfredo. or a basic chicken option. I have tried to review some of the

menus and cannot really find that type of thing.  Maybe I am just not seeing the whole menu.  I am allergic to mushrooms, so quite a few of their meals have mushrooms in the sauces etc.  Everyone I travel with love the foo foo food but its not for me.  Thanks for any info.  Happy Cruising!!!!

They do have “everyday” menu items like steak and chicken. They will even, for example, make you a larger salad and put grilled chicken on it. Also, my sister is allergic to mushrooms  and she never has an issue. She just lets them know she can’t have them. If they’re unsure, they check with the kitchen. If you have any requests or dietary needs they really try to make you happy. No worries. 

27 minutes ago, iminit4fun said:

We are new to Celebrity and having a question about the dining room options.  I am a very picky eater.  I know its a curse.  On other cruise lines they usually 

have a couple basic meals they offer every night, like a steak, fettuccine alfredo. or a basic chicken option. I have tried to review some of the

menus and cannot really find that type of thing.

If you look at the menus in the app, you'll find those items listed under ' Timeless Entrées' - Broiled Salmon, Grilled Chicken Breast, Grilled New York Sirloin Steak. Each served with simple vegetables (option for hollandaise sauce with the salmon).

I am allergic to nuts so I know Celebrity is very attentive to food allergies. If you indicate a food allergy prior to sailing(and you can also once you are on board) they will go over your menu the day before.  It became a little odd ordering the night before so just recently I began mentioning it at dinner and they even then were very attentive to my issue.

I can say you will have no problem getting something you can eat and enjoy. 

1 hour ago, iminit4fun said:

We are new to Celebrity and having a question about the dining room options.  I am a very picky eater.  I know its a curse.  On other cruise lines they usually have a couple basic meals they offer every night, like a steak, fettuccine alfredo. or a basic chicken option. .....

In addition to the "always available" items Celebrity has a children's menu which a number of folks find helpful.  Even has a small filet mignon which many find to be just the right size.

• Like 1

Make sure to mention your allergies to your waitstaff and also the maitre d on day 1 (even if you've let them know pre-cruise). The dinner menus are available in the app, but you can also ask each night to see the menu for the following evening. If you need anything changed they are very accomodating. Don't worry, you'll be well taken care of.

• Thanks 1

My wife has a very limited palate, akin to a 6-year-old: plain pasta, cheese pizza, chicken fingers, cheeseburgers, grilled cheese...

On our last cruise, she had the same thing every night: onion soup and ceasar salad. For 7 nights. 

My point here is, the staff will accommodate your dietary requirements. Don't worry about it.

• Like 1