video online , only 4 employees doing check in

hi 

there is a video online that was posted yesterday of a guy trying ti board the harmony of the seas in which only 4 employees are doing the check in outside the terminal creating a bottleneck effect when inside the terminal it is empty.  I still don't understand why royal sometimes makes the embarkation process so tedious. 

34 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

hi 

there is a video online that was posted yesterday of a guy trying ti board the harmony of the seas in which only 4 employees are doing the check in outside the terminal creating a bottleneck effect when inside the terminal it is empty.  I still don't understand why royal sometimes makes the embarkation process so tedious. 

I watched that video too. There were 4 people checking paperwork at the door creating a long line outside.

However, if you watched the whole video, the TA did explain that the outside check-in was not Royal Caribbean and it was basically out of their hands how that part was run. But they did say they were trying to work with the port to fix it because it did reflect poorly on RCL.

https://youtu.be/I1GcOedDdPI

• Like 1

Wow!  We have arrived early, as suite guests, for the earliest time available for the last two cruises out of there.  No issues at all…but we were on a smaller ship that still had a lower booking percentage.

Why have boarding times if you are not going to enforce them?  They should have seen this coming as capacities grew…checking more documents at the door creates a slowdown.  By not enforcing boarding times prior to going to full capacity, word gets out you can ignore them.  They also should have more agents checking the documents.

All of this can work better.  We will see if it does over time.

Who is at fault for the long lines?  Easy, it is the passengers who don't follow instructions for arrival times.

Of course, having the first port employees who are checking documents before the line actually refuse entry to the line to those who are not within their arrival time would help (and there is plenty of shade for them to cool their heels while waiting for their time.

As far as standing outside in the Florida climate, here is a public service announcement  for those of you have never been to Florida: Florida has a warm climate, be prepared.

By the way, the port did provide what is a prized location for Florida; shade in a covered parking lot.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Who is at fault for the long lines?  Easy, it is the passengers who don't follow instructions for arrival times.

Of course, having the first port employees who are checking documents before the line actually refuse entry to the line to those who are not within their arrival time would help (and there is plenty of shade for them to cool their heels while waiting for their time.

As far as standing outside in the Florida climate, here is a public service announcement  for those of you have never been to Florida: Florida has a warm climate, be prepared.

By the way, the port did provide what is a prized location for Florida; shade in a covered parking lot.

Agree 100% All about Me Me Me!

• Like 2

LOL - I was curious about the weather on Sunday May 15 as I remember a pleasant day spent outside.

I checked the records for Cocoa Beach (closest town to the port on the barrier island). At the time the video was made, the temperature was around 80 degrees (+ - 2 degrees) with around 60% humidity and a light breeze of 10 mph.

A perfect Florida spring day and with the additional of the line in the shade, a very comfortable one.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:57 AM, Homosassa said:

Agree

who is at fault for slow check in process

easy, the employees.

It is funny when I sail out of miami that the check in process is super fast,  I also noticed that check in agents are 95% between the ages of 18-25. 

FWIW, check-in went smoothly for Harmony last Sunday. We had 10:30am & were there a little early so may have been worse later but no issues early. Short wait outside, short wait inside, then on the ship around 11:00.

How many people do you expect to be outside?  When we cruised HOTS in Nov at about 60% capacity, there were only 2 people checking paperwork which took all of  about 2 seconds per person.