Seashore suite 19002

spinnaker2

Has anyone actually been in this suite?

The configuration looks a bit strange.

I have seen the other posts about the suite.

Does anyone know if there is a step one must step over into the shower? Is there a grab bar?

Thanks in advance.

Dexdd

I am trying to learn about the suite. If it gets the brunt of the wind, it might be tough to use the balcony!

From the photos posted, the couch is at the end of the bed, which might be a bit tough for my husband who’s feet usually hang over the bed due to his height. 

The short video I saw did have the couch right at the end of the bed.

On the newer ships, the front balconies have those encompassing glass panels with a slot or two usually pretty high.

I did stay in 19002 back in November. 

The configuration is a little different compared to other YC Suites but the front view was really cool and I never experienced anything like that before. 

The shower did have a step over and a small grab bar. 

let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer. 

It’s a lovely suite! We were in it in April. The shower is at floor level. I don’t remember about a grab bar in the shower-it does have a bench in the shower. The glass room breaks the wind-it’s not a big deal. 

The sofa is at the end of the bed-not a huge deal. The room is wider versus longer. The walk in closet was wonderful! Remember you can slide your suitcases under the bed for the week! It’s a long walk back and forth on the ship-but the views and pulling into and out of ports was our favorite! The only reason we didn’t book this suite on the Seascape is we upgraded to a Royal Suite! 

12615D2F-A554-4ACD-8704-0D1A19FC3B85.jpeg

3634E3EC-D76C-4222-895D-91040F16BDA1.jpeg

3C99E120-3829-4A28-B9F2-7F7EBA7DB62C.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Just stayed in this Suite for two weeks.

The balcony is what makes this special. It is large enough for two chaises and two chairs and two ottomans with room to spare. The sun is usually on it most of the day which is both a blessing and a curse. The cabin gets intensely hot and it is hard to cool it down. My suggestion is if you go out on excursions, close the drapes to keep that sun out!

The walk in closet has a set of double shelves on the left, a hanging rod more shelves and drawers on the right. Its very large, in fact when DH was snoring one night i took my pillows and stretched out on the floor. 

There is also a wardrobe with drawers and the safe, and a lighted curtain rod. There is plenty of space for clothes and anything else. With the very relaxed dress code, one hardly needs all that space, but its there.

Plenty of room under the bed for suitcases.

Lots of counter space and lighting( one light was irreparably broken and just dangled by its cord. The maintenance guys tried to fix it to no avail. I was told it has been like that for close to a year)

It is a very long walk to the elevator, and DH complained his glutes were hurting, but by the end of the cruise he was in much better shape!

The room stewards store their laundry cart outside the door in the corridor of the room. I haven’t seen laundry carts stored in the open on ships before, but they were also in other areas in plain sight. 

We did have some rough seas, rain and wind. The suite did bob about a bit. When the wind is intense, the halyard on the mast just above the suite clangs rhythmically, and had to be secured on several occasions otherwise you find yourself dancing to the beat. 

Directly above is the one pool sun deck bow. Sometimes one could hear the deck chairs being moved, but nothing disturbing.

I am glad we stayed in the suite, it is very private and the view is amazing. During the stormy days the sound of the wind roaring is intense! 

I am glad we had the experience 

Forgot to mention, there is a grab bar on the far wall of the shower. There is a small bench seat in the shower. One must make a small step into the shower enclosure. And as is the case on most cruise ships, the bathroom is a step up.

There are a variety of electric outlets and there are also USB ports.

DBD49E55-88F6-46A2-A025-D0FB361D9D1A.thumb.jpeg.ac1f4be221a7e64369575e416c644fa1.jpeg

Here is the bedside light that was dangling by its electric cable, surely not too safe if you have wet hands or for kids to deal with. 

As mentioned, we reported it, they sent two guys to fix it to no avail. We were told it had been broken for almost a year!

D563296E-557F-4E38-A075-51CC7B8D7900.thumb.jpeg.5290d96dec638e8af7555cbf20450ada.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 1:08 PM, spinnaker2 said:

Here is the bedside light that was dangling by its electric cable, surely not too safe if you have wet hands or for kids to deal with. 

As mentioned, we reported it, they sent two guys to fix it to no avail. We were told it had been broken for almost a year!

D563296E-557F-4E38-A075-51CC7B8D7900.thumb.jpeg.5290d96dec638e8af7555cbf20450ada.jpeg

It was broken last October!! We've booked this suite on the Seascape for next year!!

• 4 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 11:09 AM, dexddd said:

Are they letting you book it?  They seem to covet the front facing rooms.

What do you mean by "they"? I have noticed issues where rooms seem to be blocked from booking, are you saying that the front cabins tend to be blocked from booking by MSC?

No you can book it-if it is available. We will be in the suite in October on the Seascape. It goes fast because it's an unusual suite!!

For the person that talked about her hubby being tall-both my hubby and I are tall and we moved the couch out a few inches... No issue at all!

Edited by mmbcater

• 9 months later...