Kimpton Beach--chairs/umbrellas available?

KKB

The chairs in front of the Kimpton are for Kimpton guests only.  If the Kimpton does day passes (and I don't think they are right now, if ever) then that would be different of course.

Rent your chairs at Public Beach, would be my advice.

• Like 1

And Kimpton is pretty strict about chairs only being for HOTEL guests...we got bounced from the chairs once when we tried to sit for a bit after eating lunch in their beach bar.

Rent at Public Beach.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Are there facilities at Public Beach? Restrooms? Restaurants? If we take a bus/shuttle, do we just ask for Public Beach? 

There are restrooms, and usually some vendors on cruise ship days.  It’s not a beach club, though.  It’s the public beach.  And yes, just ask for Public Beach (Public Beach, not a public beach or the public beach) and maybe specify that you want the one by the Kimpton at the far end of SMB.  

• 3 weeks later...

I sent an inquiry to Kimpton Seafire Resort yesterday about day passes and they said they do not offer them.  Very nice and prompt reply and said enjoy your cruise and time in Grand Cayman.  Sounds like from recommendations on here, treck to Public Beach and perhaps walk down there for lunch and drinks.  Thanks all for the information. 

• 4 months later...