Relaxing beach ideas please.

fethiyeden

We are in Cozumel next January on the Ncl Breakaway & have never visited before.

We are not really wanting an all inclusive beach club, as we will not be staying all day, we just want a relaxing beach without beach toys etc.

Please can you give suggestions.

Thanks Denise

Money Bar has no admission fee, good snorkeling from the shore, plus good food/drinks/service.  No real beach - you enter the water via steps - but the lack of a sandy beach helps to keep the water clear.  Taxi fare from the piers should be about $12 each way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Money Bar has no admission fee, good snorkeling from the shore, plus good food/drinks/service.  No real beach - you enter the water via steps - but the lack of a sandy beach helps to keep the water clear.  Taxi fare from the piers should be about $12 each way.

Thanks for the suggestion.

We are wanting a beach with sun loungers but are planning on eating in the town centre later so do not require food, do you have any other ideas?

8 minutes ago, fethiyeden said:

Will look at this one. Thanks.

Palancar is the furthest beach south and the most expensive taxi especially since you will probably dock in town on NCL.

The good news is IF you dock in town AND want to go to the beach you will only have to get two taxis instead of a third one back to port after eating in town.

Any particular reason you want to eat in town? In order to use the facilities and loungers at the beach you will be expected to purchase “some” food and/or drinks. There are several locations like Money Bar, like @JohninDC suggested with “sandy areas” with loungers where you can relax with a drink on a lounger but there are not many actual sandy beaches on Cozumel that haven’t been developed into beach clubs, or are hotel resorts (which do have day passes) but wouldn’t be economical for a couple of hours. Much of the coastline of Cozumel is ironshore.

Best “sandy” beaches are on the east side but no ocean swimming due to currents and transport is more of a problem unless you hire a taxi for a few hours.

We went to Mr. Sanchos and didn’t do the all-inclusive. They let you on a separate beach area they call a La carte. There is an expectation you’ll order food/drink plus you have to pay for any water activities, but you can use their changing facilities and such. The snorkeling is decent in the area and you don’t get bothered by vendors, unlike other beaches I’ve been to. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Palancar is the furthest beach south and the most expensive taxi especially since you will probably dock in town on NCL.

The good news is IF you dock in town AND want to go to the beach you will only have to get two taxis instead of a third one back to port after eating in town.

Any particular reason you want to eat in town? In order to use the facilities and loungers at the beach you will be expected to purchase “some” food and/or drinks. There are several locations like Money Bar, like @JohninDC suggested with “sandy areas” with loungers where you can relax with a drink on a lounger but there are not many actual sandy beaches on Cozumel that haven’t been developed into beach clubs, or are hotel resorts (which do have day passes) but wouldn’t be economical for a couple of hours. Much of the coastline of Cozumel is ironshore.

Best “sandy” beaches are on the east side but no ocean swimming due to currents and transport is more of a problem unless you hire a taxi for a few hours.

Thanks for the info.

We live in Turkey & this is our 1st (& maybe our only) visit to Cozumel so want to spend time at the beach & also look round the town.

Mitsugirly in one of her reviews when she stayed in Cozumel went to a Taco restaurant that our 17 year old daughter wants to go to & she also wants to go to the Mega store!

8 hours ago, fethiyeden said:

Thanks for the info.

We live in Turkey & this is our 1st (& maybe our only) visit to Cozumel so want to spend time at the beach & also look round the town.

Mitsugirly in one of her reviews when she stayed in Cozumel went to a Taco restaurant that our 17 year old daughter wants to go to & she also wants to go to the Mega store!

If you have followed @mitsugirly blog you will see photos of many of the beaches on Cozumel which should help you decide on a location. Mitsugirly is keen on snorkeling so you will see many of the locations are ironshore, with man-made beach areas for loungers. On previous cruise ship visits she has reviews of Paradise Beach, Sanchos and Palancar although you stated you didn’t want/need water toys. We find paradise Beach/Sanchos busier and more family oriented although your daughter may enjoy. In the past both have offered PAYG options. Her review if Palancar is from some years ago and it is even longer since we visited there. It used to be one if our favorites but became much busier pre-Covid. - not sure how it is now but they do/did charge for loungers, which is unusual on Cozumel. 

Not sure which Taco restaurant you are looking at? I only remember her going to Tacotales and being surprised/disappointed with presentation/ what was included! I think this was probably due to her being unaware of the difference between beach clubs/ tourist restaurants and local taco restaurants. Most “local” taco restaurants are out of town. Whilst we enjoy tacos, and they are generally a tasty snack, they are not exactly “memorable”! There are many good restaurants in town I suggest you look at the trip reviews from the local Tripadvisor forum for ideas. Also study google maps - Mega is on one edge of town - it is a reasonable walk from there to the town square. Other local restaurants are further back from the main coast road, at least a block or two most even further but you won’t get to them in time unless you go by taxi. One further piece of advice, unless you actually want to shop and haggle, walk on the ocean side of the road down Melgar - I wish someone would have told me that before my first visit. 

There is too much to do on Cozumel to fit it all in one day. Taxis are plentiful and safe but you do need to be mindful of timing and distances.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 3:29 AM, fethiyeden said:

Thanks for the info.

As C-Leg mentions above, Mitsugirly has lots of Cozumel reviews, including one of the Money Bar.  Since you only want to hit the beach for a couple of hours the MB seemed like a good suggestion - no admission fee, shorter taxi ride, good facilities, sun loungers, no water toys, available food/drinks, etc.  Your call!

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 3:29 AM, fethiyeden said:

Thanks for the info.

Where do live in Turkey?

We lived in Adana while my Dad was stationed at Incirlik.

Miss the food there sooooo much.

For relaxation in Cozumel, I can't recommend Nachi Cocum enough.

Gorgeous facilities, fantastic meal included in the price, plus drinks. 

We aren't huge drinkers, but to us, Nachi Cocum is worth the price for the peace and quiet and gorgeous beach and pool.

They have a strict limit of visitors each day, so it rarely ever gets loud or busy.

(been to Nachi at least 4 times and only once did it get even slightly loud on a full day, for just a few minutes. Definitely not a pumping music party place)

It is like a 15-20 minute cab ride to get there and then back.(from Carnival or RCCL's pier next door)

I think the price is still $17-20 for up to 4 people each way.

If you are looking for the most inexpensive, closest to the piers spot, then Money Bar is probably a good choice.I believe it has a rocky shore versus sandy beach.

Hope you find a place that tuens into your perfect beach day, like we have with Nachi Cocum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

Where do live in Turkey?

We aren't huge drinkers, but to us, Nachi Cocum is worth the price for the peace and quiet and gorgeous beach and pool.

They have a strict limit of visitors each day, so it rarely ever gets loud or busy.

(been to Nachi at least 4 times and only once did it get even slightly loud on a full day, for just a few minutes. Definitely not a pumping music party place)

It is like a 15-20 minute cab ride to get there and then back.(from Carnival or RCCL's pier next door)

If you are looking for the most inexpensive, closest to the piers spot, then Money Bar is probably a good choice.I believe it has a rocky shore versus sandy beach.

Hope you find a place that tuens into your perfect beach day, like we have with Nachi Cocum.

Nachi Cocom is fine and will always have its fan club but the OP doesn’t want AI and wants to eat in town. Since they will probably dock at Langosta (not 100% guaranteed) eating in town and a beach is doable. They just have to decide how much “sand” they actually require.

since it is possibly their only a visit to Cozumel, a taxi driver for the day could solve many of their problems regarding timing and  let them sample different areas and the more local restaurants but they may not want an “on-the-go” day and may just want to settle in one place for a couple of hours.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bguppies said:

Where do live in Turkey?

We live in Fethiye/Mugla, I’m originally from England but my husband is Turkish.

We run a small hotel in Oludeniz.

Nachi Cocom looks fabulous & that’s really the type of beach we are wanting but without the all inclusive as I don’t think we will get the value.

Maybe my husband &  I can eat there & daughter can snack & then eat in the town later. We are not day drinkers either (otherwise I would be asleep by 6pm)

We are cruising Ncl so will be at Punta Langosta pier in the town.

1 hour ago, fethiyeden said:

We live in Fethiye/Mugla, I’m originally from England but my husband is Turkish.

We run a small hotel in Oludeniz.

Nachi Cocom looks fabulous & that’s really the type of beach we are wanting but without the all inclusive as I don’t think we will get the value.

Maybe my husband &  I can eat there & daughter can snack & then eat in the town later. We are not day drinkers either (otherwise I would be asleep by 6pm)

We are cruising Ncl so will be at Punta Langosta pier in the town.

Yeah that would be quite a ride out to any of the beach clubs from downtown. (docked at Ponta Langosta our first time in Cozumel, while they were still building Carnival's Puerta Maya pier.)

For only two of us, the snall crowds and facilities are worth the price, but I can see where it would get prohibitive for a family, between the AI cost and $20+ cab ride each way.

I hope somebody has a suggestion similar, closer to town that would be a better value for you and allow you and your family to have your best beach day.

• Like 1

Closer and with a sandy beach (plus a separate snorkel area) is Chankanaab park - plus it offers nature trails, animal shows, and an opportunity to swim with the dolphins for a big fee -- but it comes with a $20/per person admission fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Closer and with a sandy beach (plus a separate snorkel area) is Chankanaab park - plus it offers nature trails, animal shows, and an opportunity to swim with the dolphins for a big fee -- but it comes with a $20/per person admission fee.

Thank you. I hadn’t thought to look at here. It may be a better option as $60 is much better than $177 for nachi cocom for the 3 of us. The taxi would be less & also the journey not as long.

• Like 1