Formal Night, Marella Explorer, 17th June

Usual problem with trying to get info via their website, chat & phone.🙄

Does anyone know whether there's a formal night on Explorer, 7 nights Adriatic Explorer, 17th June?

Don't want to lug formal gear if not required - but equally don't want to go to formal night in tee-shirt, bathing trunks and sneakers 😂

TIA

JB 🙂

There should be but it is called dress to impress? Dress like your profile piccie would impress many 😉

Smart evening casual will do, you won't be shown the door however lots get their glad rags on.

• Haha 1

Yes usually the sea day.  On Ex2 we saw all types of to Dress to impress from couples in Tux/gown to couples in chinos/cocktail frocks to smart jeans/shirts. The majority of people made the effort. 

Enjoy. 

On 5/30/2022 at 1:55 PM, davecttr said:

There should be but it is called dress to impress? Dress like your profile piccie would impress many 😉

Smart evening casual will do, you won't be shown the door however lots get their glad rags on.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:43 PM, pennib said:

Agree. They have 1 such night each week.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:32 AM, 2BACRUISER said:

Yes usually the sea day.  On Ex2 we saw all types of to Dress to impress from couples in Tux/gown to couples in chinos/cocktail frocks to smart jeans/shirts. The majority of people made the effort. 

Enjoy. 

Thanks, folks.

Glad-rags at the ready.

Did a  bit of research on Marella Discovery.

Always wanted to sail a Celebrity ship, now it seems I will - but 12 years too late 😉

JB 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 11:32 AM, 2BACRUISER said:

Enjoy. 

Just don't get this smart jeans and smart shorts bit.  Surely jeans and shorts are casual wear.

Someone arguing on FB that he only wears smart jeans and smart shorts and all his clothes are designer labels. 

Some of my clothes are also designer labels. I get them at TK Max and he probably does too otherwise he would be cruising with a more upmarket cruise line, lol

3 hours ago, nancyneptune said:

Just don't get this smart jeans and smart shorts bit.  Surely jeans and shorts are casual wear.

Someone arguing on FB that he only wears smart jeans and smart shorts and all his clothes are designer labels. 

Some of my clothes are also designer labels. I get them at TK Max and he probably does too otherwise he would be cruising with a more upmarket cruise line, lol

3 hours ago, nancyneptune said:

3) Is there a dress code onboard my Marella Cruise?

The onboard dress code varies for each restaurant, but you can easily break it down into Beachwear, Casual and Smart. The first is a 'come as you are' affair, so bikinis and trunks get the thumbs up, plus we ask that you wear something on your feet for safety reasons. Meanwhile, Casual speaks for itself - we're talking tops and shorts or a sundress. Then you've got Smart, which is when you'll need to dress up a bit. Put your sportswear away, and opt for trousers, smart tailored shorts or a skirt or dress, a shirt or polo shirt and smart shoes, so no trainers or flip flops. If you want to add a jacket or tie, that's completely up to you. But our Dress to Impress nights give you the chance to get really suited and booted. Each of our of our restaurants has a different dress code but don't worry we'll always let you know onboard.

From the TUI brochure.😘

54 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

3) Is there a dress code onboard my Marella Cruise?

The onboard dress code varies for each restaurant, but you can easily break it down into Beachwear, Casual and Smart. The first is a 'come as you are' affair, so bikinis and trunks get the thumbs up, plus we ask that you wear something on your feet for safety reasons. Meanwhile, Casual speaks for itself - we're talking tops and shorts or a sundress. Then you've got Smart, which is when you'll need to dress up a bit. Put your sportswear away, and opt for trousers, smart tailored shorts or a skirt or dress, a shirt or polo shirt and smart shoes, so no trainers or flip flops. If you want to add a jacket or tie, that's completely up to you. But our Dress to Impress nights give you the chance to get really suited and booted. Each of our of our restaurants has a different dress code but don't worry we'll always let you know onboard.

From the TUI brochure.😘

Hi Brummijam,

I have the brochure and have read all the small print. Yes it does say smart tailored shorts. I get that. It just some people's idea of smart differs. No mention of jeans though. 

I am on a few FB cruise forums and this subject comes up in discussions every day. 

Someone will ask the % of people in formal dress on DTI evening.  Some reply 50/50 others say only 20% dress up. Someone else will say most men were in tux or smart suits and ladies in long dresses or cocktail dresses. Some one posted today that a man turned up to dinner in the buffet bare chested. 

Oh waiter there's a hair in my soup, lol !

If you didn't laugh you would cry.

7 hours ago, nancyneptune said:

Just don't get this smart jeans and smart shorts 

By smart jeans I saw no blue denim.but black or dark navy blue jeans with a collared shirt. 

Shorts I agree have no place in the MDR of an evening. Don't want to see haory knobbly knees and god forbid sandals and socks. 🙈

Edited by 2BACRUISER
Typo
  • Like 1

Don't want to see haory knobbly knees and god forbid sandals and socks. 🙈

So how do you get on during the day?  There are loads of them.(and that's just the women)😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Flickjax said:

I know some of this is in jest, but personally I like to live and let live unless people are being rude or bad mannered I don't mind what they look like.

Exactly this, We are not here long enough to worry about what someone else is or isn’t doing, Just get on with your own life. Be happy you are on your holidays.😎

👍

Edited by Brummijam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aside from dressing to impress, is there any opportunity for couples to do ballroom/Latin dancing on formal nights?  If so are there any times on non-formal nights when couples can dance, and if so roughly how much time each evening, and is there a dance floor that isn't so small on board, so that couples can dance ballroom?  Thanks for any replies.