Memorial Day Package Sales

We have a sailing on Radiance Feb 2023. We also got the Memorial Day Sale email for dining and shore excursions etc for sales good through this eve. 

When we go in to research for dining and shore excursions we are unable to go further. The message comes back in cruise planner, "Sorry we cannot reserve this right now. Please try again onboard the ship." 

We were referred to the shore excursion help desk which said we cannot research and or purchase this far out and would have to wait for a year or 8 months in advance. We just went through this 6 days ago to purchase a refreshment package which was also on sale. The Customer Service Rep was able to load the sale at that time into our cart in Cruise Planner and we completed the purchase. Subsequently we received an email directing us to take advantage of the Memorial Day Sale noted above. We explained all this today to the Rep and were told each sailing is different. ( duh...) She further said we would have to wait and she would explain all to a supervisor. We asked if we were the only passengers  getting this type of response to a sale and she said it is a known issue.

We just got back from a cruise on AOT in which we purchased an Ultimate Dining Package 9 months in advance. So we asked that a supervisor contact us before the sale ends today. has anyone else experienced similar obstacles with this Memorial Day Sales? 

I'm on the jan 30 radiance and there are no excursions released yet.

I wouldnt hold my breath expecting them to release excursions just for you but not for the rest of us on those cruises. .. I keep looking myself .. nothing.

There will be more sales. 

7 minutes ago, PashaPoo said:

Firefly333, I was not asking for RCL to release excursions just for us and not for the rest of you on the cruises.

We booked a refreshment package and a couple of days later got an email that said "You've got the drinks, now get the goods. Act now and get exclusive savings on specialty dining and other exclusive offers."   And when we clicked on that link to get descriptions of excursions and dining packages we might wish to purchase, it said "Sorry, you are unable to reserve right now, check back when you get on the ship."

I am well aware that there will be more sales.  But there will not be more sales after we get on board the ship.  And more sales do not answer waiting until we board.  I find your reply to be unnecessarily caustic and unhelpful.  Am I am certainly glad we will be on a subsequent Radiance cruise and not the one you are taking.

I have posted quite a few times myself about wishing they would release some excursions for this ship. I'm frustrated that all I see are pictures of australia. I think rcl has forgotten about these few radiance cruises. 

I click to see all excursions and it says there are none that meet my search criteria. I bet I've posted 4 times .. about radiance. In particular. I'd like to book to see the Panama canal. I'm beyond frustrated. 

I'm sure the ship is large enough I doubt we would meet. If you managed to score a drinks pkg good for you. A lot of us are anxious for the excursions. No worries. I see a lot on cc i think I wouldn't want to meet in person. I'm just saying a lot of us want excursions for that ship out of Galveston.. and have posted my frustrations for months. I feel like we fell thru a hole. 

21 minutes ago, PashaPoo said:

I find your reply to be unnecessarily caustic and unhelpful.  Am I am certainly glad we will be on a subsequent Radiance cruise and not the one you are taking.

LOL

Someone relates a similar experience to you and this is what you take from it.  You're asking about shore excursions, not dining or drink packages.

Be sure to post again today when that supervisor calls you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PashaPoo said:

I find your reply to be unnecessarily caustic and unhelpful.  Am I am certainly glad we will be on a subsequent Radiance cruise and not the one you are taking.

This response makes you seem like a nasty and vile (and not particularly bright) individual.

firefly333's response was completely anodyne and basic.

By the way, there is no Memorial Day "Sale."  The prices for everything have remained unchanged across cruises.  It is a meaningless marketing gimmick, so at the least you are not missing out on anything.  

Hopefully you get the help you seek, which seems to be rather more than you deserve.

• Like 3

I actually was booked on the 11 day vision somewhat similar, and then this one popped up and my TA transferred me. The Panama excursion actually showed and I called at least twice because I couldnt get it from my shopping cart and pay for it. They finally said back then mybe it has to be within 1 year, call back when its within 1 year and try again.

So I've been hoping and trying to purchase this Panama canal excursion and posting my frustration for months now.  When I said dont hold your breath they can help it's due to the lack of help I've received trying to purchase. I've heard about glitches, you name it. Before I could see it but not buy it. Now they show me pictures of australia. They tell me wait some more then try again is all I can get. I've called more than once.

19 minutes ago, baelor said:

This response makes you seem like a nasty and vile (and not particularly bright) individual.

firefly333's response was completely anodyne and basic.

By the way, there is no Memorial Day "Sale."  The prices for everything have remained unchanged across cruises.  It is a meaningless marketing gimmick, so at the least you are not missing out on anything.  

Hopefully you get the help you seek, which seems to be rather more than you deserve.

Wow…making friends everywhere. Congrats!!